Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 16:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
By normal unleaded petrol you mean - not "Speed" or "Power" or "XtraPremium" right..Just want to double check.Thanks.
thanks vnabhi.

Absolutely , that is what I meant. No premium, speed ,weed ..plain old petrol with a dash of system g (actually 1ml per liter). Works wonders. Try it and you will start feeling the difference almost immediately .The car runs smoother for sure.

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th May 2008 at 16:06. Reason: add
Old 7th May 2008, 16:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'd asked this question a year back on this forum, and many members confirmed that IOC normal unleaded fuel is 91 Octane.
Where did you get these figures from?
Checked with many bunks and I was told that Xtrapremium from IOC is 91 octane. Its is unleaded fuel with additives.

Check this out for more info : http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf
Old 7th May 2008, 16:31   #63
BHPian

Absolutely , that is what I meant. No premium, speed ,weed ..plain old petrol with a dash of system g (actually 1ml per liter). Works wonders. Try it and you will start feeling the difference almost immediately .The car runs smoother for sure.[/quote]

Thanks SammyBoy - plain unleaded petrol with System G will be my next trial. Any suggestion on which company - BP/HP/IOC etc.Sorry if im being a pain.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Checked with many bunks and I was told that Xtrapremium from IOC is 91 octane. Its is unleaded fuel with additives.

Check this out for more info : http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf
I think Xtrapremium is 93 Octane, unleaded is 91 (BS3). The 88 Octane BS2 applies to non-metro cities, I am told, by someone in this forum
Old 7th May 2008, 16:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post

Thanks SammyBoy - plain unleaded petrol with System G will be my next trial. Any suggestion on which company - BP/HP/IOC etc.Sorry if im being a pain.
Hey bro no problem , we are here to help each other
I usually use BP + system G. If there is no BP available then 2nd option is HP and third is IOC. Thats just a personal preference as I have tried all three combos (BP/HP/IOC +System G) and the car seems to prefer BP +System G combo.

Its strange as all fuels are supposed to have the same composition but the car has its own preferences and if it is okay with it ...i am too

You can try all three combos for about 3-4 tankfulls and see if there is any difference, if you want (one by one no cocktails please)

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th May 2008 at 16:46. Reason: add
Old 7th May 2008, 17:45   #66
BHPian

Thanks Sammyboy.Will keep that in mind when I top up the tank next time.
Old 7th May 2008, 18:08   #67
BHPian

which one is better IOC or HP(deisel)?
Old 8th May 2008, 01:12   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
which one is better IOC or HP(deisel)?
I find IOC better. Car -> Swift D
Old 8th May 2008, 19:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey bro no problem , we are here to help each other
I usually use BP + system G. If there is no BP available then 2nd option is HP and third is IOC. Thats just a personal preference as I have tried all three combos (BP/HP/IOC +System G) and the car seems to prefer BP +System G combo.

Its strange as all fuels are supposed to have the same composition but the car has its own preferences and if it is okay with it ...i am too

You can try all three combos for about 3-4 tankfulls and see if there is any difference, if you want (one by one no cocktails please)
Just curious but how come you aren't using shell, being in bangalore?
Old 9th May 2008, 09:34   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
Just curious but how come you aren't using shell, being in bangalore?
When was the last time you checked what Shell has to offer now? They have stopped normal petrol, and their premium petrol is well .. sold at a great premium.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
When was the last time you checked what Shell has to offer now? They have stopped normal petrol, and their premium petrol is well .. sold at a great premium.
lol. i guess so.... it's 62 bucks/liter of petrol as of yesterday in bangalore :(

how much does iftex system g cost anyway?
Old 8th June 2008, 13:05   #72
BHPian

I had always been using Speed in my Esteem and I can feel the difference between normal fuel and Speed .With speed it is much smoother and no problems at all till now. But recently I used Speed to tank fill my new fiesta twice and now I can feel a lot more jerks especially in first and second gears than I felt with normal petrol . Ford recommends 91 octane petrol with SytemG . Also I read somewhere in the forum that it takes at least 2/3 tankfulls for ECU to adapt itself to the fuel . So guys please suggest should I stick to speed as per my previous experience with esteem or should move to normal petrol with SystemG ? Also how much time is required to note the difference?
Old 8th June 2008, 19:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Change as per the mfg recommendations and your findings, the fiesta engine is way different than the esteem engine.

2-3 tanks are good enough for noticing the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
I had always been using Speed in my Esteem and I can feel the difference between normal fuel and Speed .With speed it is much smoother and no problems at all till now. But recently I used Speed to tank fill my new fiesta twice and now I can feel a lot more jerks especially in first and second gears than I felt with normal petrol . Ford recommends 91 octane petrol with SytemG . Also I read somewhere in the forum that it takes at least 2/3 tankfulls for ECU to adapt itself to the fuel . So guys please suggest should I stick to speed as per my previous experience with esteem or should move to normal petrol with SystemG ? Also how much time is required to note the difference?
Old 8th June 2008, 19:37   #74
BHPian

I own a Ford Ikon 1.6 and had been using System G with normal petrol earlier, I started using "Speed" a few years back just to avoid the hassle of carrying the bottle of System G around and adding it every time you fill the tank.
Switched back to System G recently though, the main reason being difference in cost. System G costs Rs1 /ml ( 1 ml has to be added per litre of petrol), whereas the difference between the noraml petrol is more than 5 Rs/litre. Do the maths guys!
I also find the car to be running smoother with System G instead of "premium fuels", haven't done a mileage check recently, will do it and post results soon.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
I own a Ford Ikon 1.6 and had been using System G with normal petrol earlier, I started using "Speed" a few years back just to avoid the hassle of carrying the bottle of System G around and adding it every time you fill the tank.
Switched back to System G recently though, the main reason being difference in cost. System G costs Rs1 /ml ( 1 ml has to be added per litre of petrol), whereas the difference between the noraml petrol is more than 5 Rs/litre. Do the maths guys!
I also find the car to be running smoother with System G instead of "premium fuels", haven't done a mileage check recently, will do it and post results soon.
that would be sweet. it would be especially useful if it was done over a large period of time of course

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks