Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 10:37   #166
BHPian

The ppl in-charge at Tata Motors workshop do not recomment System D for their Quadrajet engines. I was also told to use normal diesel & was recommended filling-up from HPCL pumps. When I insisted to know the reason for HPCL, I was informed with a smile that doing so would increase my efficiency in the long time.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:42   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The ppl in-charge at Tata Motors workshop do not recomment System D for their Quadrajet engines. I was also told to use normal diesel & was recommended filling-up from HPCL pumps. When I insisted to know the reason for HPCL, I was informed with a smile that doing so would increase my efficiency in the long time.
Did you ask them for a Service bulletin or a formal notification ?? on this. I have seen Delphi (CRDI fuel injection supplier for TATA) recommending their own additives made in collaboration with Texaco/Chevron(same as System D) for all IDI/ DI engines in UK. Its a bit ironic.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:16   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hmm. the engine sounds very laid back even when acellerating hard. i thought it was because of the additive. didnt think of it from that angle.

PS: my mileage is much worse, 13ish :( ( not because of the additive - its been like that , always )

another doubt, will this become redundant if I use a better grade of lubricant, from the API CF4 castrol GTD to CI rated delvac MX ?
Try using a light foot, you'll be amazed at the differnece it makes. Mine went up from 15ist to 17+ consistent after I started doing that. It might be the XM1s as well, I'm not completely certain.
Old 9th December 2008, 22:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Additives may not work for Common Rail engines. While we can see the difference in non-Common Rail engines, manufacturers (eg : Tata) do not but dont recommend any additives for Common Rails.

For that matter, Tata does not even recommend premium diesel for their Dicor vehicles. (Note: this point is being discussed elsewhere, so let us only look at System-D here).

@Joe, if you filled in 15L of diesel, then the amount of System-D that you should have added would be : 15ml + 1ml for each liter of diesel that was already there in the tank. The engine needs to see 1ml of this addtive per litre of fuel. This could be what you have missed.
it is written that we should fill 1ml of additives with 1L of fuel. so when i filled 15l then 15ml is correct right. correct me if im wrong.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:00   #170
BHPian

Where can i get sonax fuel additive in delhi/ncr?
Old 10th December 2008, 11:06   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
joe angelo : it is written that we should fill 1ml of additives with 1L of fuel. so when i filled 15l then 15ml is correct right. correct me if im wrong.
so when you filled that 15L, was your tank empty ? or did it have any fuel in it ?

Pls re-read my prev post on this.
Old 12th December 2008, 01:27   #172
BHPian

i almost filled up the tank with 15l when the fuel needle got below the red line. i almost filled up approx 17-18ml considering some litres of diesel inside.
joe angelo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2008, 20:31   #173
BHPian

How is Servo's Addon petrol additive? Costs something like 100rs / 100ml. It was green in color! looked like diluted coolant liquid
Old 6th January 2009, 04:59   #174
BANNED

Diesel Fuel Additives(for SAFARI 2.2dicor)

Folks, im totally confused if i should opt for diesel additives available in india for my safari 2.2dicor. does it add life to the engine/performance ..... ???
if any one has used, may recommend for/against its use.....

thx
Old 12th January 2009, 11:00   #175
BHPian

Has anybody tried it with NHC idsi?

I am using the IFTEX for past few months and my results are mixed.

Getz -> millage increased by 1+ KM/L ( HP normal petrol )

Santro -> millage increased by 1+ KM/L ( BP normal petrol )

NHC -> milage Decreased by ~1.5 KM/L ( IOC normal )

So just wanted to know what is wrong in the last combination ?

The honda / IOC / the IFTEX?
Old 12th January 2009, 13:41   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
I am using the IFTEX for past few months and my results are mixed.

Getz -> millage increased by 1+ KM/L ( HP normal petrol )

Santro -> millage increased by 1+ KM/L ( BP normal petrol )

NHC -> milage Decreased by ~1.5 KM/L ( IOC normal )

So just wanted to know what is wrong in the last combination ?

The honda / IOC / the IFTEX?
Could be IOC. I too have been using System-D & System-G for quite some time, and noticed a slightly better performance with BP normal (both petrol & diesel).

Anyway, FE is secondary ; I know for sure that System-D/G has helped the engine stay in better shape. In fact, I haven't noticed any significant increase in FE when I use System-D/G, but you can feel the 'happy' engine.

cheers,
Old 14th January 2009, 13:41   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
Could be IOC. I too have been using System-D & System-G for quite some time, and noticed a slightly better performance with BP normal (both petrol & diesel).

Anyway, FE is secondary ; I know for sure that System-D/G has helped the engine stay in better shape. In fact, I haven't noticed any significant increase in FE when I use System-D/G, but you can feel the 'happy' engine.

cheers,
Interesting , I will now try with other petrol pump and company..
Old 14th January 2009, 14:12   #178
BANNED

Just to recall my experience with the Cielo and Esteem (Carb). There were no premium fuels then. I had gone to Gwalior and my father in law complained about his Cielo having gone totally wooden. On the advice of a local accessories dealer I put some STP in the Cielo and found an almost immediate improvement. So on a hunch I added STP to by Esteem also. Driving back to Kanpur I found the car a totally different kettle of fish. More responsive, smoother, ... My son who was sitting next to me felt the same. So I have used additives (Iftex G) or Premium Fuels ever since they became avilable shortly thereafter. They keep the fuel delivery system clean and smoother.

Regular use will not show such a dramatic improvement since the fuel system will be kept in good shape to start with. However, if you have done something like 5000km on regular, then you should really feel the difference.

A colleague did an extended test between Premium and Regular fuels and found a 5% improvement with Premium. Using additives can be approximated to Premium fuels. I have been told by a dealer than reducing the Iftex addition by a factor of 2 should get the same results.
Old 14th January 2009, 14:17   #179
BHPian

Regular engine servicing and proper clean fuel keeps my car at its best. I don't prefer to use any mixtures or additive petrol with my swift.
Old 16th January 2009, 12:47   #180
BHPian

I recently asked BP guy to add SYS G while i was refuelling. But the guy said no need to add SYS G when u refuel car with SPEED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks