Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 10:40   #121
BHPian

Saw System D at BP bunk at Rajendra Place, y'day.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:28   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Hi There,

I have a Swift Petrol. I'm using premium fuels from day one owards. Recently I have shifted to Shell Super. I'm getting good average in the city and highway with Shell Super.

After going through the thread, I'm tempted to start the using System G and normal fuels. I have few questions to my friends before I start using it.

2). Where can I get System G in Pune ?
5). I haven't seen this System G bottle until now. How can measure the quantity? With the bottle cap?
6). When should I fill System G into the tank. Before or After filling Petrol?

If there are any silly questions, please forgive.

Thanks
Swifty2008,

You can find System G at BP bunk on Lal Bahadur Shastri Road in Navi Peth. Its a well known bunk and dispenses good quality fuel too. I bought System D Iftex last week and It was for INR198. Guess, System G should be similarly priced. The bottle comes with pre calibrated 10 ml area in which you need to push out the contents and pour the same into the tank. Ideally, you should fill it before the tank is filled coz, it gets mixed well with Diesel (in my case). After a couple of tank fulls with System D, my indica has shown good results ( in terms of smoothness, driveability in traffic in low gear etc)

Trust this helps you.

takecare and drive safely
Old 10th November 2008, 12:28   #123
BHPian

Thankyou guys for all the inpuits. I have decided that I will try out Normal Petrol + System G for the next 3 full tanks. I will update the results too.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:25   #124
BHPian

I bought System G yesterday. It cost me 250rs. My tank is in 80% capacity since I had a top-up from Shell last Sunday. I will wait till the next fill, probably next weekend.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ideally, you need to fill up System G before filling up. But I always fill it up after fuelling up, as I can never accurately know how much fuel will go into the car.
I'm not sure if the additive will mix properly with the fuel if you use it like that

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th November 2008 at 09:59.
Old 12th November 2008, 10:37   #126
BHPian

I've a Palio Stile 1.6 and after the first service, I have used System G available from Tata service centre.

The System G bottle cost me Rs 600. Im not sure about the quantity of the System G bottle.

However the instructions on the System G bottle said to pour all the contents first in the fuel tank and then top up the fuel over it.

While I've read here in this thread that you need to put it ml/ltr.

The car thou runs quite smoother with better pick up. I also use regular fuel from IOC!

Have I used it correctly?
Old 12th November 2008, 11:08   #127
BHPian

Octane grade of regular IOC and HP?

Also any idea what is the Octane grade of regular IOC and HP?

Since the car conforms with BSIII, so it supports a particular Octane grade which i've no idea!
Old 12th November 2008, 13:07   #128
Team-BHP Support

In metros petrol irrespective of brand will be 91 octane. Always calculate how much fuel you are filling up, and then pour the additive proportionally, 10ml for 10 liter of fuel.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:53   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I've a Palio Stile 1.6 and after the first service, I have used System G available from Tata service centre.

The System G bottle cost me Rs 600. Im not sure about the quantity of the System G bottle.

However the instructions on the System G bottle said to pour all the contents first in the fuel tank and then top up the fuel over it.

While I've read here in this thread that you need to put it ml/ltr.

The car thou runs quite smoother with better pick up. I also use regular fuel from IOC!

Have I used it correctly?
Are you sure its System G and not "System G Extra", System G extra is supposed to be used like you mentioned and with the same cost, System G Extra should be used once every 7500Kms. Its stronger than System G and works like BG 44K additive.

I was trying to find System D Extra but its difficult to locate in bangalore.

Last edited by dadu : 12th November 2008 at 16:55.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:24   #130
BHPian

Rs 600 for system G sounds too expensive.
Old 12th November 2008, 23:21   #131
BHPian

Well use I normal unleaded petrol and once in 1500 kms put in a bottle of bardhal injector clean. Works like a charm. But since of last finding stockists of bardhal in chennai is becoming a bit of a hassle. None of the regular stockists in chennai have them now. Any idea where I can find them in chennai. Am planning to switch over to system G now purely due to easier availability. From all the posts in this tread i'm guessin its as good if not better than bardhal. Any comparisons so far? Couldnt find any on the forum.
Old 13th November 2008, 00:55   #132
BHPian

i saw a small diesel additive bottle in chevrolet service centre! is that system D?? can i use it in my ddis swift???? i clocked 7000km so far.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:37   #133
BHPian

Got a bottle of System G @299 MRP from BP petrol pump near moolchand.

Don't know if its my mind playing, but it seems to make a difference, the engine feels smoother, earlier it used to struggle going at 100kmph, now reaches 120kmph easily.

Definitely worth giving it a shot
Old 13th November 2008, 23:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
i saw a small diesel additive bottle in chevrolet service centre! is that system D?? can i use it in my ddis swift???? i clocked 7000km so far.
If it's written System G on the bottle, then go ahead and use it. Then engine will run smoother than ever.
Old 14th November 2008, 08:01   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
If it's written System G on the bottle, then go ahead and use it. Then engine will run smoother than ever.
SYSTEM D! not G

i'm not sure if its approved by maruti. my friend says their A.S.S asked him to run it on premium

Most Viewed