Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 13:17   #1141

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Have you tried using IOCL's Xtrageen diesel ? Said to be good for the BS6 diesels, and with additives already in it
I have tried 4 tank fulls. Did not feel much of a difference.

I had used Liquy Molly additive in my previous vehicle - 2016 Creta CRDi. I did find the engine to be smoother and better pick-up.

Hence wanted to try it again for the BS6 diesel, its its safe to use.
Old 18th March 2024, 15:43   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaItachi View Post
I had used Liquy Molly additive in my previous vehicle - 2016 Creta CRDi. I did find the engine to be smoother and better pick-up.
That one was a BS4. Also, your vehicle looks quite new, so there should not be any problems that additives are required for clean-up of deposits in the injectors etc. (I dont know what condition your Creta was in w.r.t injector deposits)

For BS6 vehicles, suggest Xtragreen - which is what a lot of cabbies use. And they know to extract more from lesser, rather than paying for additives too.

Last edited by condor : 18th March 2024 at 15:44.
Old 18th March 2024, 16:28   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That one was a BS4. Also, your vehicle looks quite new, so there should not be any problems that additives are required for clean-up of deposits in the injectors etc. (I dont know what condition your Creta was in w.r.t injector deposits)

For BS6 vehicles, suggest Xtragreen - which is what a lot of cabbies use. And they know to extract more from lesser, rather than paying for additives too.
I had a bad time using extra green in my sx4 ddis. It made my engine noisy and sluggish after using it for a few tank fulls.
I switched back to HP and it was back to its better self.
Old 7th April 2024, 01:49   #1144
BHPian

My thoughts on Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner after using for Kodiaq 2.0 TSI:

The Fuel Additives Thread-20240406_204309.jpg

I was the guy who used to believed if you do your services right & feed in the correct fuel, your vehicle doesn't even care whether you are putting in some additives or not, even if you do - it will not matter at all - because you are doing all things the right way. How wrong I was.

How did it started? Got a bad fuel up from a bad bunk. Next morning itself, my Kodiaq started having morning cranking hiccups. At times, they were so bad whole engine bay used to shake - thanks to regular misfires. I was terrified to the core. But now I take it that episode as blessing in disguise.

After doing much brain storming, I zeroed onto this product from Liqui Moly - Injector Cleaner for Gasoline. With much apprehension, I poured in the first can into the tank - didn't felt much during first 20 KMs, but post that, it was an OMG moment for me. Not only the issues were gone, the engine became smooth, acceleration was pumping like anything with very sharp throttle response.

Since then, I poured in 3 successive cans into the fuel tank fulls.

Kodiaq felt light - as if some 500KGs have been offloaded from it - no exaggerations truly.

The Fuel Additives Thread-20240406_204834.jpg

The compound, it has seems like it's volatile, but it's not, it remains there as it is for days under atmospheric exposure.

The Fuel Additives Thread-20240407_010022.jpg

The hydrocarbon list is exhaustive with strangely no mention of Poly Ether Amine [PEA] that is major workhorse in other brands. Maybe it's mentioned under different name of which I have no clue. Also, it has bits of Molybdenum compound - not sure it's Molybdenum Disulphide or the other - acting as lubricant.

The Fuel Additives Thread-20240406_204207.jpg

Read all the forums worldwide, but rarely found any post regarding this product that too for petrol engines. Decided to take the plunge & I did it.

After experiencing all effects & after effects - more how it affects the overall performance of 2.0 TSI engine, I have full stock ready for next whole year. Liqui Moly recommends it to used one can every 2000 KMs for prevention & maintainance. However, if you are having issues, better to pour 3 cans in successive 3 tank fulls.

Do I recommend it to all TSI/TFSI engines? Hell Yeah!
Use it, & thank me later.
SilverSmoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 09:21   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
My thoughts on Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner after using for Kodiaq 2.0 TSI:

Do I recommend it to all TSI/TFSI engines? Hell Yeah!
Use it, & thank me later.
Hey. Where did you source the product from? Thanks for your post!
Old 7th April 2024, 09:32   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Hey. Where did you source the product from? Thanks for your post!
It's available on Amazon & Flipkart both. Just make sure you get genuine product.
Old 18th April 2024, 11:57   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post

What I am using now? 50 ml each of Motul 2T oil and IPA (both procured from Amazon) in a full tank of 65 litres Diesel.

IPA helps in emulsifying and burning off any water from the fuel tank, which is quite a possibility in the conditions we live in.
2T oil is widely mixed with Diesel fuel for FI engines of my car's age, to compensate for the loss of lubricity in the Diesel supplied nowadays.

I am happy with these additives. Have used them on 3 tankfuls till now. No significant improvement in mileage, engine noise or performance, but a reduction in loss of breath feeling while accelerating is there.
Hi MT_Hyderabad,

How is this experiment working? Very curious to know about this experiment after a year
Old 19th April 2024, 22:40   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi MT_Hyderabad,

How is this experiment working? Very curious to know about this experiment after a year
It is good. No significant change but just a feeling that the injectors, tank and fuel lines are getting cleaned on the go.
Old 20th April 2024, 13:18   #1149
BHPian

I don't know about others but in my sx4 ddis when I started using 2t oil within a few hundred kilometres I had a smokey exhaust and then had to overhaul my injectors at bosch authorised service centre. The smoke was continuously coming and on hard acceleration it would emit too much black smoke.
Maybe it works for some but I wouldn't risk it considering the modern day diesel injectors are quite sensitive to any changes in fuel.
In my Hyundai crdi I just use the WURTH or cetane x every two or three tank fulls.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 19:07   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
In my Hyundai crdi I just use the WURTH or cetane x every two or three tank fulls.
I would never recommend adding 2T to modern diesel engines. You can also try Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks