Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:00   #991
BANNED

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Does anyone have similar observations with System D in Hyundai's 1.6 CRDI engine?
+1.

I have tried System-D, Adon-D, Liqui Moly Diesel Injector cleaner so far. Haven't been able to notice much difference at all. May be the CRDi engine from Hyundai is refined enough to notice any difference.

Yes, I did feel a difference when I used the injector cleaner in my Swift ZDi though.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 20:27   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
I am also planning to use "Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive" for my Figo TDCi. Have you tried? If yes, did you found any improvement ?
I haven't tried this yet.

I would go with CetaneX, Abro and STP diesel fuel additives, in that order.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 16:23   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be the CRDi engine from Hyundai is refined enough to notice any difference.

Yes, I did feel a difference when I used the injector cleaner in my Swift ZDi though.
I can say my experience with IOCL Adon products have been very favorable when compared to other products (Lost lot of money and got good amount of scolding for same at home).

For Adon-P in Petrol engines (especially ones that have not used cleaners for long) change is noticeable in engine response. I thought this was just psychological and tried in my motorcycle. Starting and pick up is indeed easier now days. No more extended horse leg kicking or struggling to pick momentum.

For Adon-D we tested in XUV5OO (with no hope of any difference since its already a oil burner built to last) and we were noticing the soot and oily build up on the rear screen quite evidently. Especially after highway drives. Started using Adon-D for every other tank fills, soot and oily film build up is not visible (touchwood). Still testing since in highways Reliance Diesel pumps are easily accessible so we use cleaners only when we do tank fills from small pumps. In city too IOCL COCO's are used. Cranking and pick up are definitely less strained.

Haven't found anything competitive at Adon-D price range yet. Will be happy to try any new recommendations from folks here.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 00:34   #994
BHPian

I'd highly recommend using the Amsoil Diesel Injector Cleaner along with the amazing Cetane Boost they offer. Out of my experiments with all brands, I have got some great results with the Amsoil's. The Cetane Boost is my most fav product of all. Give it a go.
coolmel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:40   #995
BHPian

Adon D is good. Have good results in my sx4 ddis and recently got the injectors return flow checked all turned out to be of equal measure.Car seems to run much more quieter and smoother with adon d.

By preference would be adon d, amsoil, abro.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 12:01   #996
BHPian

How is System P/D as compared to Addon D/P? Haven't heard y'all say much about it.
Old 28th January 2020, 16:29   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
How is System P/D as compared to Addon D/P? Haven't heard y'all say much about it.
System p is good and effect is seen. System D didn't work well for me hence stopped using it.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:07   #998
BHPian

I tried out Valvoline Injector cleaner and the results were top notch. I used it on my Honda Amaze (P) which has run 45k kms. The car seems to be much smoother and the pickup has also become somewhat quicker.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:40   #999
BANNED

Re: Liqui Moly diesel additive for Renault Duster (110 PS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCFDguy View Post

I got the tank to almost empty, and added the whole bottle of Liqui Moly in the tank, and then filled it up with regular Shell diesel (not the V Power).

I am not exaggerating, but the engine noise and vibration levels dropped many notches, and the pick up has improved a little bit.
I have used 3 bottles on Liqui Moly on my Ritz ZDi and I'm very much satisfied with it as of now.

My issue: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4651986 (Diesel engine - White smoke on morning starts)

The white smoke is now reduced by 85%

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th February 2020 at 08:53. Reason: Trimmed quote.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 15:53   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a long drive after quite some time, and the System-D helped to get better FE. I think I am going to use it more often now
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 21:59   #1001
BHPian

So today I decided to see if we really need to add fuel additive before a tank refill so as to allow it to mix thoroughly. I had some pouch of Adon-P(manufactured by Total France and is sold here by IOCL) lying around and this is what I decided to experiment with. Took out little amount of fuel from my Dad's splendor in a 200ml bottle and decided to add the fuel additive. Here is the result.

We can see that even without shaking the bottle, the additive was able to form a homogeneous mixture with the fuel. There was no trace of any drop of additive that wasn't able to mix up with the fuel.

Here's a snap of the condition of the fuel before and after adding the additive.

Before Mixing up the additive:-

The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20200704_121622.jpg

After adding the additive but not mixing it up using any external forces(shaking the bottle):-

The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20200704_122229.jpg
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20200704_122216.jpg

Then I decided to give the bottle a good shake to see if there would be any improvements. Here's how it looked after shaking up the bottle.
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20200704_122435.jpg

Sorry for the bit blurry photo, didn't realized that it was blurry until now.

So here's my conclusion, do we need to add the additive just before refueling? The answer is look for the instructions on your additive. If it mentions to do so, then you are pretty much confined to do it. If not, you should be able to get away with that practice.
Also I'm not encouraging anyone to change their habit of adding a fuel additive. The aim of this experiment was to know if in certain conditions,we ever have to add our fuel additives to our already filled up vehicles then is it fine or not.
Also would like to add this might not be a case with diesel additives. Although I will be conducting a same experiment with the diesel too.
abhi9044 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 21:23   #1002
BHPian

STP Fuel treatment and injector cleaner, Its the light blue bottle is my new favourite. Damn it made the engine super quite in my ddis. Absolutely love it. Have decided to stick to Stp and adon d from now on.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 21:55   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree! Used to use this during my Zen days. It was superb. Now there is something similar for Diesel that I'm planning to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
STP Fuel treatment and injector cleaner, Its the light blue bottle is my new favourite. Damn it made the engine super quite in my ddis. Absolutely love it. Have decided to stick to Stp and adon d from now on.
Old 4th August 2020, 09:33   #1004
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a 2019 Elite i20 Asta (O) Diesel. It has run about 24k kilometres till date (as of March 2020 and i didn't use the car to that extent later due to lock down). I was using it for my daily commute to office which covers about 70-80 kilometres per day and i use it quite a bit on weekends too.

I have been following this thread and was thinking of using Liqui Moly Diesel additive but later i thought of checking manual if there is any instruction or warning on using fuel additives and i found something (images attached).

Name:  Fuel additive.PNG
Views: 3323
Size:  143.2 KB

As mentioned in the manual, i couldn't find a list of fuel additives approved by Hyundai for my 1.4 CRDI engine nor anything from the internet. So i am very afraid to add any additives now as it will hamper my warranty.

If something good happens to the engine by adding a fuel additive, i don't want to skip it and i don't want my warranty to be affected too.

Can someone please throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
prabhu.reddy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 10:04   #1005
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu.reddy92 View Post
As mentioned in the manual, i couldn't find a list of fuel additives approved by Hyundai for my 1.4 CRDI engine nor anything from the internet.
Don't worry, get any fuel additive that you prefer and add before filling up the tank. You can use Liqui Moly or System-D or Adon-D.

Hyundai does recommend adding additives at an interval of every 30,000 kms. You can find that in the owner's manual also:

The Fuel Additives Thread-screenshot_20200804095400__01.jpg

You can also find them in the Value Added Services provided by Hyundai ASC's too:
The Fuel Additives Thread-screenshot_20200804095605__01.jpg

I own a 2017 Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi and the screenshots are from the owner's manual of my car. My car has covered 82,000 kms as of date and have been using fuel additives every alternative full tank (Dosage: ~ 1ml per litre).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks