Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 11:03   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Mini Review

Disclaimer - I am nowhere connected to this company / product. However, I can vouch for their excellent customer support.

I had used a couple of products of Roger Motors in the past and my experience was good. So went ahead and ordered their OC10 - Petrol Additive.

The Fuel Additives Thread-roger-oc10-petrol-additive.jpg

Had emptied the bottle in a nearly empty tank and filled up about 35 litres (car is about 15 years old, nearing 60,000 kms); due to COVID-19 restrictions, car was used only for travel from home to office & back i.e. less than 10kms a day.

Completed about 400 kms yesterday and nearing the bottom third of fuel in the tank. The engine seems and sounds slightly smoother. On paper, the FE seems to have improved - but as said earlier, it could also be due to limited run and sparse traffic on the road.

Cost of the bottle is Rs. 330/- (invoice attached). I have one more bottle with me, which is planned to be used for a long trip to test the efficacy in continuous driving conditions.

The Fuel Additives Thread-roger-oc10-petrol-additive-invoice.jpg

I had regularly used System G earlier and intermittently ADON as the former was not available. No perceptible difference between any of them - however, it feels that the engine sounds gruff when I don't use any additive.

One more point which needs to be considered - the petrol filled now is BS6 compliant; don't know what is the impact of that on the engine....
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 05:10   #1007
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Hello Everyone.

I drive a Swift ZDI 2017. It’s clocked 70,000 kms on the ODO. It’s due for service and I service it at the regular Maruti Dealership. Of late I have been experiencing low fuel efficiency and a lot of NVH. I read about the liqui moly diesel additive. Now the confusion is should I use Liqui Moly - LMSD Super Diesel Additive or Liqui Moly 1811 Diesel Purge? What is the difference amongst both? I’m looking out for better fuel efficiency in the long run and less NVH.

Also, is there anyone who can guide me where I could purchase this over the counter in Pune? A retailer or a distributor? I have tried Gyani Auto agencies located in Nana Peth and they are out of stock. I also plan to use regular oil and not synthetic as I have found no difference. Post the regular oil change, I intend to use an oil additive to keep the engine smooth. Any leads on that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
acestormtrooper is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 15:20   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acestormtrooper View Post
Hello Everyone.

I drive a Swift ZDI 2017. It’s clocked 70,000 kms on the ODO. It’s due for service and I service it at the regular Maruti Dealership. Of late I have been experiencing low fuel efficiency and a lot of NVH. I read about the liqui moly diesel additive. Now the confusion is should I use Liqui Moly - LMSD Super Diesel Additive or Liqui Moly 1811 Diesel Purge? What is the difference amongst both? I’m looking out for better fuel efficiency in the long run and less NVH.

Also, is there anyone who can guide me where I could purchase this over the counter in Pune? A retailer or a distributor? I have tried Gyani Auto agencies located in Nana Peth and they are out of stock. I also plan to use regular oil and not synthetic as I have found no difference. Post the regular oil change, I intend to use an oil additive to keep the engine smooth. Any leads on that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Just use the LM Super Diesel Additive OR try the Amsoil Diesel Injector Cleaner. Both are great. I just scooped the LiquiMoly from Amazon from around 380 bucks. If you want to procure Amsoil can help find a dealer in Pune. But I'd play safe and order it online. Amazon is trust worthy. Along with these I'd also suggest using Amsoil Cetane Boost. It's a beautiful product.
coolmel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 19:43   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Just use the LM Super Diesel Additive OR try the Amsoil Diesel Injector Cleaner. Both are great. I just scooped the LiquiMoly from Amazon from around 380 bucks. If you want to procure Amsoil can help find a dealer in Pune. But I'd play safe and order it online. Amazon is trust worthy. Along with these I'd also suggest using Amsoil Cetane Boost. It's a beautiful product.
Thanks so much. Ive just got my can of LM Diesel additive. will be adding that tomorrow when i go to refuel. I got mine from Amazon for 360! Could you please share some details about the Amsoil Cetane Boost? Thanks so much.
acestormtrooper is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 01:30   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much. Ive just got my can of LM Diesel additive. will be adding that tomorrow when i go to refuel. I got mine from Amazon for 360! Could you please share some details about the Amsoil Cetane Boost? Thanks so much.
No worries mate! That's an even better deal than mine haha!! I shall message you about the Amsoil. Mind you, the Liqui Moly is good for upto 2000 kms. The Amsoil cleaner range is 4000 kms or so I've heard.
Old 19th August 2020, 10:57   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone.

I drive a Swift ZDI 2017. It’s clocked 70,000 kms on the ODO. It’s due for service and I service it at the regular Maruti Dealership. Of late I have been experiencing low fuel efficiency and a lot of NVH.
Thanks.
STP! Hands down the best i have tried,even better then amsoil. You can try it out and order from amazon, its usually at 311 odd rupees a bottle.
STP 200559J Diesel Fuel Treatment and Injector Cleaner (236 ml) this is the product name yo search on amazon.
Using this made my ddis engine super silent and much better pick up.
scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:39   #1012
BHPian

Posting a review on Meguin additives which I recently used on my Tata Safari.

MEGUIN Diesel System Cleaner :
Till now System D had given the best results and now this is even better.
Engine clatter has reduced, smoother acceleration and less noise.
Bought it off Amazon, link below :

https://www.amazon.in/MEGUIN-Diesel-...8373434&sr=8-1

MEGUIN Motor Safe Engine ADDITIVE :
Changed the oil with Shell Rimula 15w40. Also added this additive.
This made a lot of difference in Engine noise, better mileage.
https://www.amazon.in/MEGUIN-Motor-S...items&sr=1-109
Old 26th August 2020, 03:07   #1013
BHPian

BG44K for petrol and BG245 premium for diesel.
Old 28th August 2020, 19:36   #1014
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
STP! Hands down the best i have tried,even better then amsoil. You can try it out and order from amazon, its usually at 311 odd rupees a bottle.
STP 200559J Diesel Fuel Treatment and Injector Cleaner (236 ml) this is the product name yo search on amazon.
Using this made my ddis engine super silent and much better pick up.
For how long will its effect last? Liqui Moly's effect lasted for about 5K KMS when I used 3 bottles in succession.
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:49   #1015
BHPian

I have always had this query on how long the petrol/diesel filled in our vehicles retain their purity and quality before deteriorating (if at all they deteriorate).

Not sure in which thread to post this question in, hence chose this one.

Yesterday I had my bike service done at home and the guy when cleaning the spark plug and carburetor asked me if the bike had been left unused for days together as there was a foul smell from the petrol.

Though the bike is regularly used, the running has reduced since March due to obvious reasons. I only fill from Shell and the last fill was on July 25th.

However, there are no issues as per him, just suggested to run it down fully and then refuel.

Any thoughts?
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:39   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I have always had this query on how long the petrol/diesel filled in our vehicles retain their purity and quality before deteriorating (if at all they deteriorate).
Any thoughts?
I have had fuel in my bike and car that was around 11 months old, this was when I met with an accident and had multiple fractures in my left leg.

Once I could drive/ride all I needed to do was get the battery charged and both fired up with no issues and never faced any issue with the old fuel.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:11   #1017
BHPian

Based on posts in this thread, I used Iftex System G for the first time in my car just before the last fuel fill. There is a perceivable smoothness in the engine thrum. Also NVH at higher RPMs has improved noticeably .

Vehicle: Tata Zest Petrol
Odo: 43,300 kms
Fuel tank size: 45 litres
Fuel topped up in last visit: 35 litres
System G quantity added before fuel fill: 30ml

Will observe the long-term effects in subsequent fills and update here.
Thanks folks!
Old 16th November 2020, 20:23   #1018
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently used Liqui Moly Super Diesel additive after filling the tank in my 2019 i20 Asta (O) CRDI which is running at around 25000 kms.

I saw a huge difference in mileage after this. I drove my usual in Bengaluru and before the car mileage never exceeded 15 kmpl, but after adding the additive I am getting around 17-18 kmpl which is way higher. I filled diesel in my regular Indian Oil petrol bunk, hence I am surprised seeing this huge difference. I am aware that Indian Oil moved its fuel to BS6 recently but I am not sure what is the reason for this huge gain in mileage.

And please advice me on how to add this additive, should I pour the additive before filling the fuel or after?
prabhu.reddy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 20:45   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu.reddy92 View Post
Hi All,.

And please advice me on how to add this additive, should I pour the additive before filling the fuel or after?
Preferably empty the can before filling fuel. Either ways, it will mix with the fuel while driving.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 18:29   #1020
Senior - BHPian

I notice most of the additives add a few rupees to the per litre cost of fuel. Why not simply fill a premium fuel (Speed/Power) and do away with the bother of adding it at the time of refill? Some of them have to be measured as so many ml/litre which is messy, unless one pours in an entire container. Especially while refueling bikes.

Filling Speed or Power will add a couple or three rupees per litre, same as or may be even less than what the additives will do.

I was a regular user of additives till about the mid 2000's when the premium fuels became available. After that I switched and stopped buying the additives completely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks