Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:16   #856
mxh
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Both are the same thing, as far as I know. The key ingredients are poly ethyl amine or poly iso butylene. PIB happens to be one of the main ingredients of 2 stroke oil. This is info that i just googled.
Which additives in India contain PEA? I don't think any of the cheaper ones in the range of Rs 300-400 do. BTW, I tried using Gumout (bought from Amazon) with my Honda City in the correct proportion - 1/2 Bottle measured into full tank of fuel. The result: Huge performance drop, 1.5 KM/lit less mileage. Performance and mileage was restored in the next tankful. Never going to buy that crap again.

Last edited by mxh : 3rd May 2018 at 11:19.
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:51   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Which additives in India contain PEA? I don't think any of the cheaper ones in the range of Rs 300-400 do. BTW, I tried using Gumout (bought from Amazon) with my Honda City in the correct proportion - 1/2 Bottle measured into full tank of fuel. The result: Huge performance drop, 1.5 KM/lit less mileage. Performance and mileage was restored in the next tankful. Never going to buy that crap again.
No manufacturer will provide the ingredients on the bottle. Many tbhp members have had good experiences with servo addon p and system g. You can try either of them.
Old 5th May 2018, 13:47   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Check the IOC bunk on St Marks Road for System-D.
Thanks to your inputs, I finally managed get AddonD at this place. Got couple of bottles for now, manager was all praises for this product and he assured good supply should I need more in future.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 14:29   #859
BANNED

As the fuel quality has improved the need for additives has decreased. Hopefully, with BS-VI we may not need them at all.At one time India petrol was notorious for gumming up the works. Remember the early Cielos.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 14:59   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As the fuel quality has improved the need for additives has decreased. Hopefully, with BS-VI we may not need them at all.At one time India petrol was notorious for gumming up the works. Remember the early Cielos.
But the gumming issue is still evident in two wheelers more than 4 wheelers sg.

I have this issue with my Pulsar 150 (carb tuned for lean spray) and still I get to see the clogging happening within a time of 4-5 days of stand still.

In car though, sluggish pickup if I leave it in parking for a week or so. I fill up in IOCL COCO and recently moved to Essar. But there is a marked difference in pickup and smoothness with additive that I use every ~2500 Kms or if situation demands.

But have not faced it with Shell or Reliance. My motorcycle in Chennai stands still for nearly 6 months at a time (filled with Shell Super Unleaded) and with just few kicks it purrs to life.

Might be due to pre added additives or lack of it, that might be causing this observation.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:07   #861
BHPian

Hi,

Can Add-onD be used in a 2010 Ford Fiesta EXI TDCI model, is it readily available in pumps in trivandrum or around?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 12th June 2018, 13:35   #862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Can Add-onD be used in a 2010 Ford Fiesta EXI TDCI model, ..
Yes, it can be used. For availability, you can check the bunks - or TBHP-ians from TVM can answer that.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:24   #863
BHPian

Hi, I have a few concerns regarding diesel additives. Can someone help me understand on the following queries. TIA.

Will the use of diesel additives can have any effects on the:(I) Engine sound and smoothness, (II) Smell of the exhaust?

Once an additive is added to the fuel tank, how long will it have it's effect on the engine?
(i.e. Duration or till how many refuels?)

What are its negative effects on the longevity of the engine?

Will adding additive really improve mileage?

Last edited by Flyer : 6th August 2018 at 22:41.
Old 7th August 2018, 12:49   #864
BHPian

@Flyer
Engine sound and smoothness---YES
Exhaust Smell---Maybe yes,never actually smelled the exhaust and i don't think its a good idea too.

Usually the effects depends on how clogged your system was or is at the moment. I usually just pre-load the additive before every tank full. Recently i managed to get some sachets of indian oil ad-don,they contain 100ml each.I use it @1ml per liter.

Over the last many years never have heard of additives causing any damage to the engine etc,maybe other members can chip in with their experience.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 12:41   #865
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone.

My SX4 Zxi completed 100k km recently. I am thinking to use System G for a 1 or 2 tankfulls. But I could not get it in Pune. It is out of stock on Amazon.

Also I noticed that the petrol pumps do not keep any fuel additives now.

Where can I get System G in Pune?
Old 8th August 2018, 13:01   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Where can I get System G in Pune?
Check for Addon-P at IOC bunks. Usage is similar as Sys-G.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 13:51   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Check for Addon-P at IOC bunks. Usage is similar as Sys-G.
Thanks, but I observed that the petrol pumps do not keep fuel additives now. I asked at many pumps.

There are some other brands available online but I do not know how much to trust these.
Old 8th August 2018, 14:33   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I observed that the petrol pumps do not keep fuel additives now. I asked at many pumps..
Check in the IOC COCO bunks. This is an IOC product. Some one here actually requested the bunk manager to get some stock, and he actually got a bunch of the additive packets.
Old 8th August 2018, 14:44   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I observed that the petrol pumps do not keep fuel additives now. I asked at many pumps.

There are some other brands available online but I do not know how much to trust these.
Hi Rahul,

Which pumps have you tried till now? A few that I can suggest off the top of my head are:

For System G: BP pump next to Bank of Maharashtra on Shastri Road, BP pump opp. Ranka Jewellers on Karve Rd, COCO BP pump opp RTO, BP pump opp. Symantec on Baner Rd.

For Addon-P: IOC COCO pump on road leading to Pune station from Juna Bazaar, IOC pump opp. Ranka Jewellers on Karve Rd, IOC pump on Sinhgad Rd about 1 km before the Katraj-Dehu Rd bypass flyover, IOC pump in Ambegaon on road leading to Katraj from Sinhgad Rd.

If you've already tried all these, please ignore my message.

Another option is to try spare parts shops in Nana Peth. Quite a few of them do store additives like System G and Addon-P.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:03   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Rahul,

Which pumps have you tried till now? A few that I can suggest off the top of my head are:
Thanks Vikram.

I tried in Satara road, Market Yard, Kondhwa and on Kulkarni Petrol Pump on Laxmi road. Even in Mumbai or on the Expressway I could not get it. Tried at many pumps in MP few months back but in vein.

Will try on the BP Pump on Shastri road. Thanks once again.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks