Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 14:46   #766
BHPian

Hi everyone.

I am planning to go for a Fuel Additive in my Swift Petrol, clocked 74k. I have gone through the throttle body cleaning and clutch assembly replacement but see no difference in the shuddering when the idles or gears are engaged. I am hoping that an additive would do no harm even if it does no good, but somehow I am not able to figure out the best brand and where I could get hold of a genuine product.

Any advice ?
Old 29th March 2017, 12:01   #767
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Hi everyone.

I am planning to go for a Fuel Additive in my Swift Petrol, clocked 74k. I have gone through the throttle body cleaning and clutch assembly replacement but see no difference in the shuddering when the idles or gears are engaged. I am hoping that an additive would do no harm even if it does no good, but somehow I am not able to figure out the best brand and where I could get hold of a genuine product.

Any advice ?
I have used Bardahl, Valvoline, IOC in my Swift DZire (P). IOC Adon P is better than the rest in my opinion.
Old 29th March 2017, 12:35   #768
BHPian

@DeepeshKarnik.
For any fuel additive to take effect you need to run it for at-least a tankful.
You could try System G and its a choice of fuel additive i stick to, besides that even OWS is great but availability is a issue.

I suggest you try any of these two and drive with some high speed driving, usually driving on the highways at speeds over 80 tends to clear up the carbon to some extent with additives.

One primary reason i like system G is when i opened my engine head i found it to be clean,this was after using system g regularly for more then 4 months. Even my mechanic was surprised with the clean head.

Go ahead and give it a try.
Old 29th March 2017, 13:04   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone.

Any advice ?
Hi Deepesh,
I would suggest initially use liquimoly fuel injector cleaner,this should be added for full tank of petrol ,you will find the difference after 10 to 20 kms ,after about 1000 kms start using servo adon p regularly 1ml for 1 litre .
This helped me a lot .you can buy liquimoly from amazon.in or landroverlab.in hope this solves your problem too all the best
Old 5th April 2017, 18:39   #770
BHPian

Thank you for all the inputs ! I tried ordering Liquimoly via Amazon but got a leaking bottle so had to return it. Drove around a few gas stations and all I could find was a 100ml bottle of Adon P.

Since it said 5ml for 5 litres, I drove until the "reserve" light went on, then filled up 15 ltrs of petrol and emptied Adon P into the tank.

I do notice a very slight change in the engine noise and the pick up. I am guessing as I keep using it, things should get better

By any chance, would someone know what gas stations stock System G ? I put up in Rohini, New Delhi and couldn't find anything at all so I wouldn't mind driving a bit if I can get something.
Old 6th April 2017, 09:44   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Drove around a few gas stations and all I could find was a 100ml bottle of Adon P.
Since it said 5ml for 5 litres, I drove until the "reserve" light went on, then filled up 15 ltrs of petrol and emptied Adon P into the tank.
If you are happy with Adon P, stock up. Bunks do not carry them in large bottles and they are more easy to sell to bikers (pouch and small bottle variety). Car guys give a damn.

Find out from Neo Petcon guys about your local dealer and get a box. It costed me approx Rs.2K a year and half back for a box full (20 bottles). I carry it only when I do a full tank every alternate month and avoid keeping it in car due to fumes.

Happy driving.
Old 14th May 2017, 14:02   #772
eko
BHPian

MPFI maintenance

I am using STP fuel injector for my Nissan sunny petrol every 5000 km. I mix it with full tank fuel every 5000 km.The first time i used it was when odo reading was 125000. I felt that the engine became smoother after first use.Later started using for Zen '03. Felt the same smoothness improvement.

Would like to know the experience of TBHP community on MPFI maintenance.Your experiences will be a pointer to others. I believe that prevention is better than cure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-imag1222.jpg  

Old 14th May 2017, 17:32   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MPFI maintenance

I use the same product (STP injector cleaner) every 6 months in my cars. The cleaner is poured into a tankful of petrol generally just before a long distance run. As a result of this practice I do not fill 'premium' fuel or any other additive like System G.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 14:30   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By any chance, would someone know what gas stations stock System G ? I put up in Rohini, New Delhi and couldn't find anything at all so I wouldn't mind driving a bit if I can get something.
System G and System D are easily available in Naharpur Car Market, Rohini. Check with Kumar Motors and Rajesh Motors.
Old 15th May 2017, 14:46   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
System G and System D are easily available in Naharpur Car Market, Rohini. Check with Kumar Motors and Rajesh Motors.
Yes I bought System-D last week from Naharpur Car Market, Rohini @280 (from the shop in basement).
Old 15th May 2017, 15:28   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Yes I bought System-D last week from Naharpur Car Market, Rohini @280 (from the shop in basement).
i.e. Kumar Motors..
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 16:25   #777
BANNED

Yes, additives do work. However, they are nowhere as effective as they were in the BS-II or earlier years. Our petrol was notorious for gumming up the injectors, but then the refining process was, shall we say, 'refined'. occasionally using additives does work. Alternatively you can try out the Premium fuels for a couple of tankfuls. Equally good and the costs are also about the same.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 12:58   #778
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Just thought il share my experience with Wurth engine flush, just used this yesterday on my zen done 90k kilometres, the mechanic from my home is about half a kilometre so i warmed the engine poured the contents and drove sedately till the mechanic,kept it on idle for five more mins and switched off the engine.

We then placed a clean tray to drain, and we were amazed to see mud like color oil coming out,secondly the oil was very thin, it had water like consistency.
This is 3500 kilometres old oil.Since i had a long drive coming up so decided to change the oil.

Post the engine flush,the engine sounds so much crisper,and pulls more eagerly.
Can surely say the wurth engine flush does seem to work pretty well.

Am now eager to use the same on my recently acquired 88k sx4ddis. I can see carbon while i open the oil filler cap and i think it definetly needs a flush, Am only worried about whether it is ok to use on a MJD engine, have no experience with this engine.

Please do suggest.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 14:02   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Am only worried about whether it is ok to use on a MJD engine, have no experience with this engine.

Please do suggest.
I don't think you will have any issue. But avoid driving the car with flush in it albeit short distance or sedate speed. Too much stress on engine and its just not worth it.

Keep your car running stand still with warm engine for 10 min with flush and it should give you same results without any possibility of damage.

I take my car to garage and then pour the flush contents when having a friendly chit chat with the mechanic. Allow the car to run for 5 more minutes while I debate with my mechanic as to why I chose the flush brand.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:56   #780
Senior - BHPian

Question to Bangalore residents. The HP fuel pump on old airport road near Manipal hospital is where I fill my fuel regularly. Would any of you know if they stock system D or any other diesel additive?

Most Viewed