Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:28   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do let me know where I can source it?
hi Anurag, you should be able to get ADON-D at the IOCL bunks.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:30   #662
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Anurag, you should be able to get ADON-D at the IOCL bunks.
All that I have seen in the bunks are pouches and not the bottles hence searching for stock.
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:11   #663
BHPian

Quote:
All that I have seen in the bunks are pouches and not the bottles hence searching for stock.
Anurag since you are also in city of nizam's, visit IOC bunk at Krishna nagar. Its exactly at the spot where granite/marble stones are sold.

Go there if you need in bulk. Else, I can get you if you are visiting Hitec City/Madhapur/Sheikpet area for your office commute.
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:12   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anurag,

I found ADON pouches to be much more convenient.

You need not measure, they come in 40 ml and a larger packing, you can just open the pouch and pour the entire contents for a tankful.

Pouches are much more convenient as no hassle of measurement and leaking bottles.

Regards
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:50   #665
BHPian

Off late I am not finding any difference in Speed petrol hence one day while filling my bike in IOCL petrol bunk at Narsapur x roads (Balanagar, Hyd) got one sachet of ADON mixed with the fill (Costs just Rs.10/- per 40 ml sachet).

Bike response has improved a lot and I could feel the pick up and smoothness increased. I have been adding this since then and this is my third sachet (one sachet every fortnight). There is definitely an improvement compared to Speed petrol.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:40   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag, pouch may be better here .. the recommended dosage for diesel is 20 ml for 50 lit of diesel.
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:48   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
..... got one sachet of ADON mixed with the fill (Costs just Rs.10/- per 40 ml sachet).

Bike response has improved a lot and I could feel the pick up and smoothness increased. I have been adding this since then and this is my third sachet (one sachet every fortnight). There is definitely an improvement compared to Speed petrol.
Thanks for posting the information.
You felt that the pickup and smoothness increased. Do you feel that the engine note (sound) is little rough or little loud? Or is it same?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:07   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Thanks for posting the information.
You felt that the pickup and smoothness increased. Do you feel that the engine note (sound) is little rough or little loud? Or is it same?
Ah !!! This skipped my mind. Yes, the exhaust note has become little loud but not in an annoying manner. Feels little bit like an R15 v2 (mine is a Honda unicorn).
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:26   #669
Team-BHP Support

Any additive from BPCL? No major bunks of IOCL here, so ADON might not be available. Used to spot System G back in '04/'05, not any longer.
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:53   #670

You could try Wurth additives I've used it on my 2005 Opel Corsa 1.4 Gsi. Its available in Chennai not sure about elsewhere. Check for Wurth dealers around your area.
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:13   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any additive from BPCL? .
BPCL bunks used to carry System-G / D. Some still do. Else buy online.
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:18   #672
Senior - BHPian

Total Oil owns ELF. I had recently got a few sachets of Adon D for my mom's Swift Diesel and on the back it says Manufactured by Total, France and repacked in India by Neo Petcon. So it is quite likely to be the same Elf additive that is now being sold as Adon
Old 23rd January 2016, 01:18   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

http://fleetowner.com/site-files/fle...e%209-1-12.pdf

Some points in favor of using additives, even in CR engines. While the article covers additives that are useful for cold conditions (to reduce wax formation etc), it also indicates that suitable additives can be used in our CR engines too.

Some instances when additives can harm enignes are covered here:

http://www.mycleandiesel.com/pages/A...Stability.aspx.

Looks like it would help to use fresh stock of additive.

The quantity we add is not much. So there should not be a problem on the fuel delivery system. Definitely not on the combustion system.

Last edited by condor : 23rd January 2016 at 01:23.
Old 25th January 2016, 10:33   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Hey Anurag,

I found ADON pouches to be much more convenient.

You need not measure, they come in 40 ml and a larger packing, you can just open the pouch and pour the entire contents for a tankful.

Pouches are much more convenient as no hassle of measurement and leaking bottles.

Regards
Actually its the other way. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way. I bought the sachets for my motorcycle and it was a pain usually when you have to open them using your fingers instead of anything to cut it open. There was one time when I applied so much pressure the contents sprayed from the sachet and all over my helmet (luckily). One time, the plastic cover was about to fall into the tank, but luckily got stuck on the side of the tank mouth. One time, I did not wash my hands and rubbed the ends of my eye, it stung like ant bite.

To fight this ill luck, I spent half day opening each pouch ( Got a box full ) and pouring them into a old Bisleri water bottle only to be thrown out of the house for spoiling the breathable air.

Its only then I moved to large bottle. And there is no doubt that the quality of plastic used is of good quality. Not the usual thin variety which expands and contracts to heat. I keep it in my car at driver side and never have I see any distortion due to heat from parking under sun. The bottle also has measuring unit at the neck and calibrated with self suction tube to avoid over spill. The neck is long enough to reach well into the mouth of the tank to pour and no hassle of spilling on your hands whatsoever.

To people who are asking about the change in noise, response you will not feel it immediately. For Petrol you will hear the note change to more sharp within the first 100 Kms. For Diesels, you will see change in next 200 Kms. the engine temperature will not raise quickly as before for petrols, and pickup will be much smoother and consistent. If you are trying this in highway, you will feel that throttle response go from peppy to more smooth acceleration. Cranking will be much less tiresome and engine will not whine.

My colleagues who used it in their diesels, said they will stick to using this every 6 months. I use it every month since I keep my car parked for 5 days a week.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 21:52   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Actually its the other way. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way.
Well, that is such a bad luck.

The methodology I follow: you anyways have to visit a petrol bunk to get tanked up. With the labor so cheap and cooperative, I get the pouch poured by the filling guy.

Yes, the pouch is of very high plastic quality, hence the guy cuts it with a sharp razor blade and pour it very tactfully.

Yet to understand the point why people would want to pour it themselves when you anyways get it readily available at the petrol bunk near you (atleast we do in Delhi). But then, to each, his own.

Be very careful with all these chemical concoctions, they are nothing but solvents, carcinogens and what not.

Happy Motoring!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks