Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 13:10   #691
BHPian

Re: The fuel additives thread

one of my old comment : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2881536

one of my recent comment: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3786281

Currently, my Xylo is currently run ~143700 KM (1.43 Lacs) over 5.5 yrs. Off-late, I have noticed of using more frequently these additive, maybe as the engine age/mileage increased, I tend to be more fussy & experimental ! I usually have one bottle of System-D and Addon-D in my car. Infact yday purchased 3 bottles of Addon (and poured 20ml x 2 pouched in full tank, the subsequent long drive was quite smooth).
Two months back got a 3-pack of Abro DIC from online, one was used; this I use every few months, not regular.

I would like to summarize:
- System-D / Addon D / Abro DIC : all are quite good, and vehicle responsiveness increases (you/vehicle feel having bit more power to be unleashed, though this could be psychological!). These stuff has not always resulted in FE increase, but ride is good. All of these slightly lessen the engine noise. During my Spiti trip in May'15, few local taxi drivers noticed me pouring System-D, and they vouched for better performance in hilly areas, that boosted my confidence.

After even using Addon D for multiple times now, comparing as I feel: Addon D is slightly better than System-D, as sometimes I feel System-D tends to make engine bit harsh / rough. Though there could be many factors. I have 2-3 times even tried mixing 50:50 of Addon-D & System-D - results are mixed.

For now, I will continue Addon-D as dont see any -ve performance.
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:51   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
... I feel: Addon D is slightly better than System-D, as sometimes I feel System-D tends to make engine bit harsh / rough. Though there could be many factors.
Can you track each the response with diff brands of fuel - HP / IOCL / BP / Shell / Others ?
Will give a better idea.
Old 8th February 2016, 15:38   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Can you track each the response with diff brands of fuel - HP / IOCL / BP / Shell / Others ?
Will give a better idea.
Many years back, I had a habit of recording every fill-up in a sheet, but I left that good habit long back!

For fillings in local drives, mostly I try to refill at a particular bunk for longer period to observe the changes, then try another one. The reasons to change the bunk in the local area has been mostly for convenience / ill-experience. Very few times do I land up filling at random bunks when in the city. During outstation trips, the refueling is done at many times at unacquainted bunks.

My regular local bunk in recent months has been one by BPCL, though I had stopped using it earlier because of two bad experiences: two times I had a warning of "water in fuel filter" and changed the fuel filter to sort it out. These two incidents happened over many months (including one time in the monsoon), but that memory stayed with me for long. Just recently I started reusing it, hoping nothing bad will happen!

So, my experience with fuel additives in kinda average across the regular and random bunks by various companies. Also, I'm sure there would be change in fuel quality of the same company at their different bunks.

Mod Note : Post edited. There were several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2016 at 10:40. Reason: Grammar
Old 8th February 2016, 20:04   #694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Will give a better idea.
What I can definitely state is that Petrol from a Reliance Pump gives both smoother running, and a better economy in my Civic and also the previous Accent. Unfortunately, the pump on the Lucknow-Kanpur highway had been shut for quite some time. I saw it working yesterday when I drove to Lucknow so now I revert to my habit letting the tank get a but low, and tank up on my way! Unfortunately, no Reliance pump in Kanpur!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 10:48   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
While filling up diesel at my regular pump that I have been visiting since 4 years (Indial Oil), noticed the pouches of Adon-D hung near the fuel dispenser unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
After even using Addon D for multiple times now, comparing as I feel: Addon D is slightly better than System-D, as sometimes I feel System-D tends to make engine bit harsh / rough. Though there could be many factors. I have 2-3 times even tried mixing 50:50 of Addon-D & System-D - results are mixed.

For now, I will continue Addon-D as dont see any -ve performance.
I am using this for the last 2 tankfuls. It gave me a best ever mileage of 14.5 on the last tankful! 100% city with no AC. I will monitor and see if it comes down once the AC use increases. The "smoothness" factor sure has improved a lot from the time I was not using it. Vehicle in question is a 2013 Scorpio 2.2, 22k run.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 7th March 2016 at 10:52.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 13:48   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I think you are mentioning to filling moped (not even Motorcycle) with that quantity. It hardly does anything beneficial at that quantity or noticeable change in a motorcycle.

For car, forget it. Good luck finding a person who has the patience to open every single sachet and pouring it in for the quantity of fuel.

Bottles work best for car owners. Quantity in sachet will not even wet the inlet tube of fuel tank, leave alone doing anything good for the engine or the fuel pump.
And I think you have been fleeced big time by whoever provided you that wrong information.

More than any quack, I would trust what experts recommeds(that's the beauty of TBhp, isn't it?). Also read the manufacturer recommendation, since they do the most R&D, usually they are right.

Pardon for the washout content of the picture owing to flash, but let me write it for you (even Anurag's Addon-D bottle image has identical instructions):

The Fuel Additives Thread-dies2.jpg

The Fuel Additives Thread-dies1.jpg

Recommended Dosage:
"Clean Up" dosage for foul injectors - 20 ml in 20 liters of diesel for the first 10000 km
"Keep clean" dosage for regular use - 20 ml in 50 liters of diesel

My Swift's diesel tank is 40ish liters, so one sachet suffice for one refill and about 700 kms.

My heart goes for your ride and the humongous quantity of additives thatit has been bearing despite not needing them.

Anyways, how you pour (sachet/bottle) is one's prerogative, but what quantity you pour shall be strictly monitored because at the end of the day, its your ride.

Hope you'll take the information constructively.

Regards
Old 7th March 2016, 14:51   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
And I think you have been fleeced big time by whoever provided you that wrong information.

My heart goes for your ride and the humongous quantity of additives that it has been bearing despite not needing them.
All decisions are mine, so no one to blame here.

There is nothing to feel sorry for anyone or anybody. I have been using additives without any issue in oodles and have seen excellent results when NOT following advice as printed on them cause I did not see any significant change when followed.

Every man for himself.
Old 21st April 2016, 14:09   #698
BHPian

After a lot of searching, finally got hold of Adon-D Sachets from an IOCL Pump here in Pune. Most of the Pumps did not have it in stock. Purchased a Box of 10 ml X 30 Sachets for 450 /-. Would have ideally preferred a Bottle or a bigger quantity Sachet for ease of filling.

Have been using Iftex System D for the past few months. Did not notice any considerable difference. Mileage also has been fluctuating. So, giving Adon-D a try since it has more positive feedback than System-D.

Since i am moving from System D to Adon D for the 1st time, what should be the Adon-D : Diesel filling ratio ?

10 ml per 10 Ltrs OR 10 ml per 25 Ltrs OR any other recommended tried and tested Ratio ?
Old 21st April 2016, 14:11   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
After a lot of searching, finally got hold of Adon-D Sachets from an IOCL Pump here in Pune.
Hi,

Which pump did you buy these from? Did they have stock of Adon-P too?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 21st April 2016, 14:21   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi,

Which pump did you buy these from? Did they have stock of Adon-P too?

Cheers,
Vikram

Adon-P is easily available where i checked. I purchased Adon-D from Bharat Service Center IOCL Pump, Bhairoba Nala, Pune-Solapur Road.
Adon-P should be available here as well as at IOCL Scooter Service Station at Pool Gate.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 21st April 2016 at 14:22. Reason: Edit Text
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 09:29   #701
BHPian

@abhi3284: I think the sachets are better - the bottle is prone to leaks: poor quality material.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 09:53   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Since i am moving from System D to Adon D for the 1st time, what should be the Adon-D : Diesel filling ratio ?

10 ml per 10 Ltrs OR 10 ml per 25 Ltrs OR any other recommended tried and tested Ratio ?
The recommended ratio is 400 ppm which translates to 0.4 ml per litre of diesel. So for a 50 litre diesel fill, add 20 ml of ADON-D.

Google ADON-D for their website. Lots of details available there.

Hope this helps.
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 12:01   #703
BHPian

Guys, is it recommended to use additives such as System G or Adon P for a K series engine of Swift run 13k kms. Couldn't find any post regarding the same.

I have used a full bottle of System G in my F10D Wagon R and it the results were good.
Still in double mind whether to use additive in Swift or not as Bhpian Munnabhai in previous posts said his cat con gone bad due to System G in his K series WagonR (As per the diagnosis of his MASS).

So any first hand experience in using these addiditives for this specific engine will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:22   #704
BHPian

At one of the bunk, saw this new stuff - Addon D-Super. I didnt purchase it. Anyone tried it ??

(I think my first post from the mobile app, hope it goes well!)
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-1464018652556.jpg  

The Fuel Additives Thread-1464018689766.jpg  

Old 6th June 2016, 17:40   #705
BHPian

Hi,

came across Mahle Diesel Treatment additive :

The Fuel Additives Thread-20160605_115118.jpg
The Fuel Additives Thread-20160605_114820.jpg

yday added to my Xylo (full tank diesel), will see if any effect and report.

regards,
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks