Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2015, 00:49   #631
BANNED

Been thinking of posting here since long.

As I have bought 2 bottles of IFTEX D, I have been using it regularly since the past 6 full tanks traveling over 4K kms.

Before I started using it, there used to be black smoke at and above 2300 RPM in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.

As of now since the last full tank, I haven't noticed the smoke coming at these RPM's. All I notice some smoke after 3500 RPM. It gives me mental satisfaction as I used to ease the throttle everytime I noticed smoke but now it is a halt engine. Feels every to revv.

Also the FE had gone up by 0.1 kmpl

Wish I could have taken some pictures of the engine internals before the test and after the test to see if anything good has happened or no.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th November 2015 at 00:50.
Old 7th November 2015, 06:28   #632
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Thanks prithm for the information.

I visited the Indian Oil website. I could not locate this product ADON on their website. Is it IOCL product or they just sell this product on their bunks?
That's the problem with those guys. No costly ad, media management or PR. Visit Any big COCO to get this product. If in Hyderabad, visit Krishna Nagar IOC bunk next to Green Bawarchi hotel or Hitec city COCO opposite to Lemon Tree hotel.
Old 7th November 2015, 09:09   #633
BHPian

Just a word of caution for those who intend to use fuel additives. My WagonR's cat con went kaput after using System G for 3 months in the recommended quantity. This was confirmed by the MSIL engineer as well. Since then am using HP's "Power" version of petrol and noticed significant performance increase in terms of pick up and overall smoothness.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 7th November 2015 at 09:10.
Old 7th November 2015, 11:38   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Just a word of caution for those who intend to use fuel additives. My WagonR's cat con went kaput after using System G for 3 months in the recommended quantity. This was confirmed by the MSIL engineer as well. Since then am using HP's "Power" version of petrol and noticed significant performance increase in terms of pick up and overall smoothness.
Hello Munnabhai,
Was the catalytic converter affected only due to System G?
What symptoms did you notice?
Old 7th November 2015, 12:30   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Munnabhai,
Was the catalytic converter affected only due to System G?
What symptoms did you notice?
Yes, to begin with, my car was just 10 months old, had been filling petrol from HP's factory outlet since the beginning. Post 3 months using System G, could hear weird noises from the tail pipe, car had also started losing pick up, so checked the mountings and all other relevant pieces at MASS. After diagnosis, they came to the conclusion that additives caused Catcon's reduced functionality and replaced it under warranty. They also informed me that they had witnessed such cases earlier and additives were the root cause.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 12:50   #636
BHPian

Here is what one can do. Most cars that do not go much on highways do not get to high RPMS. That's not good for the cars . They have to be whipped once in a while . Honda cars in fact like to be whipped. Once in a while after putting SystemG I rip the engine . If on highway keep the car in 5000 + RPM 2nd / 3rd gear for 10 to 15 seconds. Doing this two to three times cleans things up and makes the car run smoother.

I have been doing this since some time on my City . However if you car is old and has not done this for 70-80 K kms then this kind of cleaning can cause clogging is what my FNG told me.

The 3 Cylinder EON 800 in family seems to run a lot smoother on premium petrol. It feels less 3 cylinderish and seems to have a better pickup. So we use power petrol only on that car.
Old 8th November 2015, 09:19   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Has anyone tried Adon-D for Scorpio Mhawk engines.
Is there a procedure for using these diesel additives like Quantity per ltr ?
Yes I have used ADON-D on Mhawk engine in my XUV.
Quantity to be used is o.4ml per litre of diesel.
I have found it extremely useful and you can read my posts here:

Link1

Link2

If you have any further questions, feel free to write.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:14   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, to begin with, my car was just 10 months old, had been filling petrol from HP's factory outlet since the beginning. Post 3 months using System G, could hear weird noises from the tail pipe, car had also started losing pick up, so checked the mountings and all other relevant pieces at MASS. After diagnosis, they came to the conclusion that additives caused Catcon's reduced functionality and replaced it under warranty. They also informed me that they had witnessed such cases earlier and additives were the root cause.
I am not entirely satisfied with the explanation of MASS. I am a Maruti owner and have no intention to question your analysis.

As far as what I know Catcon failure is highly likely only when there is a thick coating of "substance" on the mesh inside, physical damage from undercarriage hit, burnouts. I am sure you are aware that Catcon get activated only after we drive them for a considerable distance and they operate only when they are really heated up.

I am not sure of the additive you used, but

1. Did you get a chance to look at the Catcon after they dismantled the exhaust system ?
2. Did you observe any gooey substance oozing out of your tail pipe ?
3. What type of noise did you observe ? Rattling, hissing, backfire, humming ?

I am very much surprised that they offered to replace the part under warranty after diagnosing the issue as "Additive Caused". Their action is entirely suspicious cause MASS do not replace parts so easily especially under warranty. They always put blame on the customer even if customer is not to be blamed.

Think for a second. Its like, we offering to replace a broken window glass of our neighbor by saying all kids are naughty.

My gut feeling is that this was a genuine part failure and they are covering up.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:18   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Yes I have used ADON-D on Mhawk engine in my XUV.
Quantity to be used is o.4ml per litre of diesel.
I have found it extremely useful and you can read my posts here:

Link1

Link2

If you have any further questions, feel free to write.
Yup. Agree. One of the best products that I have seen in recent years. I use it for my Petrol Dzire and pep is still there. Same with my motorcycles.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 15:32   #640
BHPian

Quote:
I visited the Indian Oil website. I could not locate this product ADON on their website. Is it IOCL product or they just sell this product on their bunks?
ADON is a product manufactured by Neo Petcon Pvt Ltd in Hyderabad. Their website is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I use it for my Petrol Dzire and pep is still there. Same with my motorcycles.
I found the petrol additive not good at all for my Honda City. The engine just lost it's rhythm, unlike with the Diesel additive on my XUV where the engine really quietened down and the mileage improved.
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 09:22   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
I found the petrol additive not good at all for my Honda City. The engine just lost it's rhythm, unlike with the Diesel additive on my XUV where the engine really quietened down and the mileage improved.
I agree with what you said cause I heard same from a Activa user. But in his case it was a beat up horse.

Did you try increasing the concentration in your fuel ?

This is what I did to my Bajaj Pulsar when I added 10 mL / Litre. The reason being, there was too much of clog and caughing. The more it ran, the more it burned the clogs and almost half way the fuel tank things got smooth and no more tough kick starting.

For car, the crank time came down to under 3 seconds. I drive very passively and never go beyond 2.5K rpm in any gear. This made my engine go very very soft and in turn lead to poor pickup and delayed cranking.

I poured in half bottle for a 20 Ltr fillup and got back original pep after about 120 Kilo.

Lets see, I will observe more and keep you updated.
Old 29th November 2015, 11:32   #642
MSC
BHPian

I needed a clarification with regards to fuel additives.
My Santro Xing just had its 60K service couple of weeks ago. During service, the mechanic emptied a bottle of fuel additive in to fuel tank. Now, if I am not wrong, one bottle additive is scheduled to be mixed in a full tank of fuel. As is the norm for any service, the car was having less than 20% of fuel left. I didn't got chance to tank up and the car ran for 50 or 60 odd kms with this additive rich fuel mixture.
Now after this instance, the car ran really rough and didn't smoothen up till atleast 7 or 8 tankfuls. Presently the car is back to its normal smooth nature.
Is running car on this additive rich fuel mixture harmful?
Any inputs will surely be helpful.

Last edited by MSC : 29th November 2015 at 11:34.
Old 29th November 2015, 15:38   #643
BANNED

@MSC; Most additives should be added as per specs, typically at 1ml/litre or so. STP used to be 5ml per litre. But then they recommend about twice the dosing for a badly messed up system.

What I may have done is to tank up asap to dilute the fluid. If the system is badly gummed up then in the beginning the engine may go rough, and smooth out a bit lter.
Old 29th November 2015, 17:03   #644
BHPian

Quote:
I really don't get this claim that they are making. How did they identify that it was due to System G? It could be due to a number of things including but not limited to adulterated fuel, excessive ethanol in petrol, etc. System G is nothing but a detergent additive which is also present in branded fuels like Speed & Power. So what was the differentiating factor which led them to identify System G as the culprit?

Been using System G with all my cars and bike since day I bought my Ford Ikon for which System G was officially recommended by Ford for use in the same.

This as rediculous as the instructions that I was given every time I took delivery of a new car; 'please use sada petrol sir, don't use branded petrol like speed. It will spoil your engine'. I was like; ya, .
Old 29th November 2015, 17:18   #645
BANNED

Quote:
After diagnosis, they came to the conclusion that additives caused Catcon's reduced functionality and replaced it under warranty.
Hey,

Is there any kind of report or diagnosis data given to you by Maruti engineers for informing you that the CatCon has gone kaput due to the System G?!

I find it hard to believe if the additive was used as per recommendation.

I have just used up 250 ml of the additive over in around 4300 kms (8 full tanks of 32-34 litres each giving me a range of 700 kms on average per full tank) covered and I can sense that the car is quieter as compared to earlier. I have another bottle left of it.

Pretty happy and the puzzling part after reading your post is, the SA @ Sai Service was appreciating me when he spotted the System D bottle in my car (Though I use System D - 1ml per litre).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks