Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 18:17   #646
Senior - BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I am very much surprised that they offered to replace the part under warranty after diagnosing the issue as "Additive Caused". Their action is entirely suspicious cause MASS do not replace parts so easily especially under warranty. They always put blame on the customer even if customer is not to be blamed.
Ditto.

Manufacturer's are usually finicky about warranty claims and are usually looking for ways to shift the blame onto the customer.

It is strange that they narrowed down the cause of the failed CatCon to usage of additives by the customer but were "graceful" enough to replace it under warranty anyway.

Not a convincing answer IMO.
Old 29th November 2015, 18:47   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Ditto.

Manufacturer's are usually finicky about warranty claims and are usually looking for ways to shift the blame onto the customer.

It is strange that they narrowed down the cause of the failed CatCon to usage of additives by the customer but were "graceful" enough to replace it under warranty anyway.

Not a convincing answer IMO.
Yup.

Actually, they do not support the concept of additives at all. They would crucify the customer for everything going wrong if they find out we tricked our rides in anyway possible.
Old 6th January 2016, 20:20   #648
BHPian

What would be suggested for an Innova Diesel? - It has run 160K. I've read that in some cases when you uses these additives, they end up loosening the seals and could cause more issues than good.

Also any suggestions for a BMW petrol? I google and see STG, Abrol and System G. However globally people seem to be using Redline S1 and Techron (both don't seem available here)
Old 6th January 2016, 20:36   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
What would be suggested for an Innova Diesel? - It has run 160K. I've read that in some cases when you uses these additives, they end up loosening the seals and could cause more issues than good
After going through this thread, I recently used Adon-D from Indian Oil on my Scorpio - initial recommended dosage of 40ml in about 40 Ltr of fuel. Used it for 2 consecutive fills, skipped on the 3rd. Will use again in the next fill.

The engine felt smoother after adding it. Got better FE too, but that might be due to the longer highway distance I did on the tankful.

These are easily available for around 160 bucks for ~150ml bottle on IOC pumps.

http://neopetconindia.com/pro_AddonD.html
Old 11th January 2016, 13:48   #650
BHPian

Quote:
What would be suggested for an Innova Diesel? - It has run 160K. I've read that in some cases when you uses these additives, they end up loosening the seals and could cause more issues than good.

Also any suggestions for a BMW petrol? I google and see STG, Abrol and System G. However globally people seem to be using Redline S1 and Techron (both don't seem available here)
My suggestion is ADON-P for Petrol and ADON-D for Diesel. Good reviews from my colleagues on whom I thrust these products forcibly to get a product review. Diesels seem to getting the benefits slowly and on long run, but Petrols were showing up mileage and pickup difference in short duration.
Old 11th January 2016, 13:56   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMO - you can try it for the Innova. Reg the BMW, that's beyond my red-line

About loosening the seals - was that in relation so synth oil vs mineral oil ?
Old 11th January 2016, 18:41   #652
Senior - BHPian

I had been meaning to open a new bottle of System D after my old one finished - ended up running a few tankfuls without adding it. The car got noticeably more cranky with very rough and erratic accelerator response & idling.

Added a 4 capfuls while tanking up the next time, and the response was magical. For an indica, this is the best thing you can do!
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 18:55   #653
BHPian

Guys, any idea which IOC bunks around HSR layout, Bangalore have stock of system d/p bottles?
Most of them have pouches and no bottles. Using pouches is a cumbersome job.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:19   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

We have been discussing the additives from IOCL - the Adon P / Adon-D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Indian Oil has also entered the Fuel Additive space. Spotted this poster at an IOC COCO last week.

The Fuel Additives Thread-iocfueladditive.jpg
A few years ago, I had found one additive from Elf, the EMDFA-200. I had posted it back then.

Quote:
Check out ELF's EMDFA 200. This product apparantly is the Elf Desol 243, which increases the cetane rating of diesel, and has the usual detergent properties to clean the injectors.

The Fuel Additives Thread-elf-emdfa200.jpg
Today, I tried to google for this product from Elf. But found that the same company that manufactured / or re-packed the EMDFA 200 is now manufacturing the additives for IOCL. The company is Neo Petcon, based in Hyd. So I am wondering if Adon-D is the same as EMDFA 200.

btw, the EMDFA 200 was quite good.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:26   #655
BHPian

Quote:
The company is Neo Petcon, based in Hyd. So I am wondering if Adon-D is the same as EMDFA 200.
btw, the EMDFA 200 was quite good.
Very receptive bunch of people. Call them up if you are in doubt. They helped me get in bulk after I complained that bunks don't stock bottles in Hyderabad.

Very courteous too.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:00   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very receptive bunch of people. Call them up if you are in doubt.
For which product ? ADON_D is available at the IOCL bunks..

I would like to get hold of some EMDFA 200. ( I had tried to get stock thru the lube oil shop here, but couldnt.
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:07   #657
BHPian

Quote:
For which product ? ADON_D is available at the IOCL bunks..

I would like to get hold of some EMDFA 200. ( I had tried to get stock thru the lube oil shop here, but couldnt.
In Hyd, IOCL stock only sachets. I visited all major COCO in Hyderabad side and each one of them irritated me with their useless reasoning.

At last got in touch with Neo Petcon team and got bulk within a week's time. They actually arranged for the product to be kept in stock for me at a non-COCO bunk close to my house.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:26   #658
BANNED

Quote:
In Hyd, IOCL stock only sachets. I visited all major COCO in Hyderabad side and each one of them irritated me with their useless reasoning.
I'd like to try this on my Swift ZDi. I have used two bottles of System D till now.

Do let me know where I can source it?
Old 22nd January 2016, 12:28   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Once upon a time I used to fill Speed and additive enhanced fuel. But that's stopped and I've shifted to adding a bottle of STP injector cleaner into a full tank of fuel every 4k-5k kms. That suffices IMO.
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:02   #660
BHPian

Well let me share my experience with System G as I have a Swift Petrol and I believe it should be helpful to most out here. I started using it around 3 months back after reading positive reviews about it online. My car has done more than 1 lakh kms and yes its a bit late for me to realize and start using this, so how was my experience. Well it is a great product and I find remarkable difference in my car after using it for over 3 months, the throttle response is very crisp and earlier I use to experience a lag during low end and now I am happy to say there isn't since I started using this product. I am very happy with this and I am using it on every tank fill and I can feel the engine response to be way better than what it used to be earlier. Great product 5 stars from my end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks