Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2024, 20:28   #466
BHPian

Re: Experience with XtraGreen diesel, Mangalore Trip and Dent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
Your car seems to be the bs4 diesel and the xtragreen fuel is bs6 diesel which has less sulphur and thus provides less lubrication and harms in the long run. I've returned to BP Diesel from the COCO pump and have been using Cetane-X as an add-on for Verna 1.6D 2018.
I don't think this is true. Refer to this thread for a detailed explanation: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4757704 (Why I think BS6 / BSVI diesel won't harm BS4 / BSIV engines)

Quote from the above thread:
The most reassuring thing about BS specifications is that they mandate that the lubricity of fuel supplied in the market meets a minimum benchmark. BS-4 mandated diesel lubricity of 460 microns and BS-6 also mandates the same (460 microns). In other words, oil companies are duty bound to ensure that the lubricity of BS-6 diesel is same as that of BS-4 diesel, if not better. So the doubts in the minds of the lay public about the imaginary ill effects of using BS-6 diesel in BS-4 cars is entirely misplaced.

Last edited by guruji : 8th January 2024 at 20:29. Reason: Added additional info
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 11:31   #467
Senior - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
Your car seems to be the bs4 diesel and the xtragreen fuel is bs6 diesel which has less sulphur and thus provides less lubrication and harms in the long run. I've returned to BP Diesel from the COCO pump and have been using Cetane-X as an add-on for Verna 1.6D 2018.
The normal diesel available country wide is BS6 since April 2020. If there were detrimental effect, we should have seen them by now.

In general BS4 diesels throw significantly less tantrums than BS6 diesel to any fuel related experimentation. It took my 48000 km to be brave enough to fill outisde COCO in my BS6 diesel, given there wasn't a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is exact opposite impact when compared to my experience . Is it a BS4 Tucson or is it BS6?
There are varying degrees of experience with Xtragreen even within the same car engine and transmission.
Old 9th January 2024, 12:57   #468

Re: Experience with XtraGreen diesel, Mangalore Trip and Dent repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
I don't think this is true. Refer to this thread for a detailed explanation: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4757704 (Why I think BS6 / BSVI diesel won't harm BS4 / BSIV engines)

Quote from the above thread:
The most reassuring thing about BS specifications is that they mandate that the lubricity of fuel supplied in the market meets a minimum benchmark. BS-4 mandated diesel lubricity of 460 microns and BS-6 also mandates the same (460 microns). In other words, oil companies are duty bound to ensure that the lubricity of BS-6 diesel is same as that of BS-4 diesel, if not better. So the doubts in the minds of the lay public about the imaginary ill effects of using BS-6 diesel in BS-4 cars is entirely misplaced.
Thanks for sharing the link, it's an interesting read.
In my personal opinion, the pumps play around with the quality of diesel much more than that of the petrol.
Especially where the pumps are at the highways which cater to more trucks than cars. There are countless times that I've noticed the diesel to be poor in quality at various pumps. This is NCR - Jaipur area that I'm talking about. Last year, I had to get the engine redone and the SA's personal reasoning to the cause was related to the fuel and how rough the engine has gotten and that they have seen an increase in 1.6D engines with this issue lately. Post rebuild, I've been using the additive and it has brought the vehicle performance back to BS4 fuel days with respect to NHV levels and the pull.

Last edited by pratyush997 : 9th January 2024 at 13:06.
Old 9th January 2024, 13:02   #469

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The normal diesel available country wide is BS6 since April 2020. If there were detrimental effect, we should have seen them by now.

In general BS4 diesels throw significantly less tantrums than BS6 diesel to any fuel related experimentation. It took my 48000 km to be brave enough to fill outisde COCO in my BS6 diesel, given there wasn't a choice.
BS6 engines have their take with the DEF / Adblue stuff.
It has been around 2 years since 2020 if you consider there was comparatively less running for a lot of drivers during the 2 year covid phase and there were a lot of Diesel engines which may or may not be perfectly supported with the use of BS6 fuel.

I can recall in early 2021 when they switched over the fuel the harshness and tendency to stall spiked for me, but ofc, it got better with time.
Old 11th February 2024, 12:47   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Glow plug replaced at ARAS Jeep Service – Madurai

Glow plug replaced at ARAS Jeep Service – Madurai:

During a recent drive, I started getting a glow plug error and I assumed that one of them would have gone kaput. Since I was out of station, I called the Bangalore service center and asked if its ok to drive with this warning. They suggested to get it replaced if there is any service center near me. If not, I can wait to get it replaced once I am back to Bangalore.

During my return to Bangalore, while crossing Madurai I decided to stop at ARAS Jeep Service as it is on the highway. Even though I reached ARAS during the lunch time, they attended to my vehicle and confirmed that one glow plug is gone and needs to be replaced. However, they said that this is not covered in extended warranty but I was sure that this gets covered. Thankfully they verified it quickly and replaced it under extended warranty. Also, since it will take time for approval, they let me go without taking any payment. Overall, it took just 30-40 minutes.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20240211-12.38.34-pm.jpeg

Apart from this nothing much to update for now.

ODO has crossed 1,39,000 Kms.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20240211-12.38.35-pm-1.jpeg

Some random pics during a recent drive

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20240211-12.38.32-pm.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20240211-12.38.35-pm.jpeg
arun_josie is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 21:11   #471

Re: Odo at 90,000 Kms and Wiper replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Wiper Replacement (Size 18/24):

As mentioned earlier, ther wiper had started leaving lines and also was not smooth in action. So, I decided to replace these Bosch wipers with another set of the same kind. These wipers are cheaper(900/-) and naturally, their life is less too. The factory-fitted wiper gave a life of 68K Kms (5000/-) but these Bosch ones could withstand only 20K Kms. Planning to try Valeo wipers next time.

Hi arun_josie

Have been seeing your posts on my Google feed for quite some time and as a fellow Jeep compass owner, i couldn't appreciate it more. Lately I have been looking into wiper blades online but have not been able to find a decent option. The ones a found turned out to be 3+ years old defeating the point of getting new ones. Can you share from where do you get yours and if you have any links to share, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by ampere : 19th February 2024 at 04:43. Reason: cleared dead sections from quoted post
AyushK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 22:31   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Odo at 90,000 Kms and Wiper replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyushK View Post
Hi arun_josie
Have been seeing your posts on my Google feed for quite some time and as a fellow Jeep compass owner, i couldn't appreciate it more.
Lately I have been looking into wiper blades online but have not been able to find a decent option. The ones a found turned out to be 3+ years old defeating the point of getting new ones. Can you share from where do you get yours and if you have any links to share, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Have you tried at Shell fuel station? I got the bosch wipers from there only.
Old 20th February 2024, 16:59   #473

No. Unfortunately no Shell outlets are here in NCR. NCR is a blessing and a curse for us diesel car owners.
Old 14th March 2024, 21:12   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO has crossed 1,40,000 Kms.

ODO has crossed 1,40,000 Kms.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1.jpeg

The ownership of Scarlett is getting closer to 5 years which means the extended warranty will come to an end. So, I am planning to get a service done. Some issues that needs to be addressed are,

1. Rattling sound from the inside rear view mirror. This is random.
2. The rear door doesn't gets unlocked under few scenarios. I will have to use the key to unlock.
3. Clutch seems to be fine but will get this checked.
4. Steering rack needs to be checked, there is an occasional humming sound (while taking extreme right/left, not always though). During the last servicing they said its normal. Planning to check this in another Compass before going to service center.

Regarding fuel, I am back to my favorite, BPCL. It was bit difficult to get Xtragreen on the highways, so I went back to BPCL.

A pic during a recent drive to Nagercoil

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-2.jpeg

During a quick stop for Madurai famous Jigarthanda, much needed during this hot summer.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-3.jpeg

And a stop for coconut flower, it was very delicious

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-4.jpeg

Overall trip details. Happy with fuel efficiency as this includes some short sprints, city traffic in Bangalore, Chennai and Trichy.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-5.jpeg

An unplanned meet-up with paragsachania

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20240314-9.15.02-pm.jpeg

Last edited by arun_josie : 14th March 2024 at 21:16.
arun_josie is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 23:04   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Major Service @ 1,41,500 Km

Major Service @ 1,41,500 Km – Replacement of Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission-Mount, Oil Sump Repair Work, Regular Service (Engine Oil/Filter, Air filter, AC filter, Fuel filter Replacements, Brake cleaning etc):

With Extended Warranty coming closer to an end and ODO at 1,41,500 Kms, I decided to get a complete checkup done and do the regular Oil/Filter service. Along with this there were few issues to be attended too.

Issues:

1. Rattling sound from the inside rear-view mirror. This is random.
2. Passenger doors don't get unlocked under few scenarios. I must manually unlock.
3. Clutch hardness, this is manageable though.
4. Steering rack needs to be checked, there is an occasional humming sound (while taking extreme right/left, not always though). Couldn’t reproduce this issue during the test drive with the technician.
5. A mild vibration than usual felt at idle and randomly while changing gears.
6. During the last service the technician pointed out a very mild seepage in the oil sump, so I asked them to fix this issue as well
7. Regular checks and Oil/Filter changes to be done.
8. Brake Pad disc to be checked and cleaned

PPS, Bangalore - As usual, I got the servicing done at PPS, Electronic city itself.

Service Details:

After a thorough test drive and check-up, approval for below work was undertaken,
1. Replacement of Flywheel under Extended Warranty
2. Since flywheel was getting replaced, I agreed to replace the clutch as well
3. For the oil sump seepage, the sealant to be replaced under Extended Warranty
4. There was a crack in D-Mount (Transmission Mount), so this had to be replaced.
5. Brake oil to be replaced
6. Oil/Filter, AC filter, air Filter, fuel filter to be replaced (part of regular servicing)
7. Wheel Alignment/Balancing to be done at Madhus

Here are some pics,

When I dropped for the service

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1_a.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1_b.jpeg

The old and new flywheel - There is a design change

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1_flywheel.jpg

Clutch Plate – I could have pushed this further but with flywheel being replaced I decided to get the Clutch replaced as well. There is a design change when compared to the old one.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-2_clutch.jpg

Oil Sump – The seepage can be seen. They replaced the sealant which was covered under Extended Warranty

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-3_oil-sump.jpg

Transmission mount – It’s a big crack and probably the cause for some of the vibrations.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-4_dmount.jpg

AC Filter

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-5_ac-filter.jpg

Air Filter

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-6_af.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-7_af.jpg

Fuel Filter

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-8_ff.jpg

Brake Pads – Its 40K Kms since it was last replaced

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-9_bp.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-10_bp.jpg

The Rear discs and brake pads are still on stock and they are good.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wam3.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wam4.jpg

Impression after the Service:

The difference was felt the moment I cranked the engine, the NVH has gone down and its more silent than before. The clutch is super light and the driving experience took me back to day 1 of this ownership. The pickup has improved majorly. With better NVH, the smoothness can be felt when we accelerate little aggressively. Its only after the clutch change, I was able to feel the level of hardness of the previous clutch.

The lock issue was fixed and the humming noise from the steering is not coming anymore. As per the technician this sound was from a cut in sheet inside the wheel arch that was hanging and was rubbing the tyre when I take extreme right/left. They cut this damaged part so that it doesn’t rub the tyre anymore. I have not faced this issue so far after taking the delivery after the servicing.

They have fixed the IRVM rattling noise as well.

Dent to my pocket:

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-pricing.jpeg

Clutch Plate: 21784/- (Labor charge was covered as a part of Flywheel replacement)

Clutch Spring: 7278/-

Flywheel – Covered under Extended Warranty (Parts + Labor charges)
Oil Sump sealant replacement – Covered under Extended Warranty (Parts + Labor charges)

Transmission Mount – 4100/-

Brake fluid – 830/-

Regular Service (engine oil/filter, air filter, ac filter, fuel filter, brake cleaning + Miscellaneous) – 19,355/-

Total: 53,347 /-

My biggest service bill till date. However, considering that I was able to extract some good life out of these stock clutch and flywheel, I am satisfied. Also, the extended warranty came in very handy.

My experience with PPS for this service:

Considering that this was a major service + a new team at PPS, I didn’t push for any aggressive timeline to get my Jeep back after the service. Sometimes, the approval for Extended Warranty itself takes time. So, from the time EW items got approved, they took two days to complete all the work. Due to my work schedule, I couldn’t collect the vehicle immediately after the work was done. I went after a day to pick Scarlett.

I did a thorough test drive and confirmed that all the complaints were attended and fixed. They kept me updated with the status during the service period. They didn’t push me for any unnecessary work.

Overall, they did a very good job.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-11_cd.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing @ Madhus:

As usual, I got the road force balancing and wheel alignment done. After balancing the tyre rotation was done. I noticed one TPMS had gone kaput. This required replacement but they didn’t have stock. So, I ordered one directly via Sensairy website.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wam1.jpg

40K Kms done with these tyres and they are still good.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wam2.jpg

Breakfast Drive:

After this service, I was looking for a short drive on the highway and got a chance to drive with few of my friends for a breakfast at Hotel Dhruvathare on the Hassan route. As mentioned above, the flywheel, clutch and transmission mount replacement has shown a big difference in NVH and pickup has improved a lot too. It was a fun drive with varied speeds and a quick sprint. I enjoyed the drive.

With this major service out of my way, I am looking forward for many more fun filled drives.

Some pics during the breakfast drive,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bf1.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bs5.jpeg

With paragsachania, speedsatya and my friends

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bf2.jpeg

ODO @ 1,41,764 Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bf4.jpeg

With this major service out of my way, I am looking forward for many more fun filled drives.

Last edited by arun_josie : 24th March 2024 at 23:24.
arun_josie is online now   (68) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 09:32   #476
BHPian

Crisp detailed update Arun Sir, Love your writing style. Happy to see the compass munching kms like anything and more over the time to time maintainance the car gets. Keep em coming !

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:14   #477
BHPian

This has been one heck of a detailed update and very happy to see the car serve you well...when I first got this car (petrol automatic), I thought the service bill was too high but considering what it is and the same car in it's segment would probably cost much more. So now made peace with it and prefer to give it only to Jeep themselves for any work.
rosh_aveo1.4 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 16:52   #478
BHPian

My 3.5 year old Jeep Compass Limited Plus (4x4 Auto) was making some noise last year when we accelerate above 60 kmph. It is a loud growling noise. We sent it to Landmark Jeep in Moti Nagar for inspection and they reported a faulty wheel bearing and replaced it under warranty. The noise was absent after that for more than an year. Now the noise has returned and it is even louder. The SA is now saying that it is a PTU (Power Transmission Unit) issue and has quoted Rs 1,80,000/- estimate to repair. He took more than 2 days to check the same and I suspect he is still not sure if it is actually this problem or something else. My car has done 52000 kms only and mostly driven on highways.

Has someone faced it before and what is the problem?
I have asked him for a detailed estimate and will share the same once it is received.

Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 02:16   #479
BHPian

Hi Arun, have been following your posts for a while now. Very detailed and informative. I could never do that.

So what I understand is that flywheel is covered under warranty +extended warranty. Also is this the first time you have changed the clutch plates?
AW1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 10:34   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
Also is this the first time you have changed the clutch plates?
Yes, this is the first replacement of clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1972 View Post
So what I understand is that flywheel is covered under warranty +extended warranty.
Yes, its covered both in warranty and extended warranty.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks