Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 20:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

You seem to have had more than your fair share of issues - dont take it lying down. Contact your local Tata Motors office (not the dealer) and demand a full checkup and resolution of all issues. Else threaten to ram the vehicle into (yes, INTO) their office and leave it there.

This is not on.
Old 19th February 2007, 09:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sumit, congrats once again & I must compliment you on an excellent review, it made real good reading! Few comments -

1) Headlamp fogging means that moisture is accumulating inside; they need to REPLACE the full unit.....as simple as that
2) This bit about the engine cranking over & not starting - happened twice to me, it was apparently a common problem and it was the cam sensor playing up. They changed it post the second incident & it hasn't happened again. Did they hook up their laptop & show you the error?
3) Hissing sound on turning steering - yah, its the power steering pump that makes this noise, apparently a common problem from what I was told.

Anyway, I think its important not to take any "defects" lying down as Steer suggests so you need to make your displeasure felt very loudly as far as the dealership is concerned. I think, as time goes by, you will (hopefully) find more pros than cons

Last edited by suman : 19th February 2007 at 09:23.
Old 19th February 2007, 11:27   #18
BHPian

Great review mate. I am sure all prospective Safari buyers (including myself) will find this review very informative. I guess the Safari is a vehicle that grows on you as you keep driving it. Will look out for more from you as put more miles on the odo.
Old 20th February 2007, 09:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey Sumit, congrats once again & I must compliment you on an excellent review, it made real good reading! Few comments -

1) Headlamp fogging means that moisture is accumulating inside; they need to REPLACE the full unit.....as simple as that
2) This bit about the engine cranking over & not starting - happened twice to me, it was apparently a common problem and it was the cam sensor playing up. They changed it post the second incident & it hasn't happened again. Did they hook up their laptop & show you the error?
3) Hissing sound on turning steering - yah, its the power steering pump that makes this noise, apparently a common problem from what I was told.

Anyway, I think its important not to take any "defects" lying down as Steer suggests so you need to make your displeasure felt very loudly as far as the dealership is concerned. I think, as time goes by, you will (hopefully) find more pros than cons
Thanks Steer and Suman, I had taken the vehicle to the workshop on saturday and they sorted out the steering and said the left light would be replaced in warranty. They didn't have lights in stock so the I'll take this when it is available. With regards to the engine cranking and not starting, they did hook up the computer in the Noida workshop to assess and resolve the problem. I hope I am nearing the end of the niggling issues. Once I get over these niggling issues, I hope the upgrade and modding process can begin ( minor ones ) and will seek the groups inputs once that starts.

I just love this forum and thank you all for making this a wonderful place.

With Regards,
Sumit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks