Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Re: My pre-owned Toyota Innova with 175,000 km on the odo

Updating this thread after a long time!

The Innova has run 1,84,400 Kms on the odo as of today and did a shade more than 5000 Kms since the last update.

There is not much of update with this car as it is hardly used these days and my dad is preferring to use the City over the Innova these days.

And, since I'll be moving out of the country soon, we are planning to sell off the Innova soon and get a Creta or Seltos Diesel AT as we don't require a 7 seater anymore as our family trips got reduced off late and since we are the family of 3 (actually 4, but my 80 year old maternal grandfather hardly travels with us) and might get reduced to 2 as I'll be moving out of country soon.

We thought of getting the Crysta ZX AT initially, but, since the car is mostly driven within the city limits and occasionally on highways, we will be going for a Creta Diesel AT mostly as it fulfills our requirements for now. Will be saving rest of the money for my City's replacement as it'll be due for the replacement soon.

Coming to this car, the car is due for 180k Kms service, which I couldn't get it done due to lack of time and felt that the tyres might need replacement as well as the present set of tyres has run close to 60k Kms and present tyres were bought when the car's odo was at 126k Kms in early 2019. But, since we are planning to sell off the car soon, thinking whether to spend money on new tyres or not.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 29th September 2021 at 12:46. Reason: Did some changes in the post
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Re: My pre-owned Toyota Innova with 175,000 km on the odo

Here is the last and final update on this car!

On 19th of this month, we had finally parted ways with the Innova after nearly 6 years of ownership and 1.2L Kms of running (odo at the time of selling was around 1,96,750 Kms).

The reason for selling off the Innova was we wanted to go for AT car this time and being a 11 year old car, the maintenance/expenses were piling up off late. For instance, this car required new tyres, suspension overhaul, etc. which was costing us close to Rs.1.5L and we weren't in a mood to splurge money on this car anymore.

And, later we realised that our usage doesn't warrant a 7 seater anymore since the car is mostly driven within the city limits and our highway trips got reduced off late.

BTW, this is the car, which we had retained it for more than 5 years. We generally sell our cars within 4 years of ownership, but, due to covid and other reasons (our house purchase is one of them), we had to retain this car for a bit longer period.

The replacement for Innova is already booked and will arrive in another few weeks as told by my dealer.

For now, as a stop-gap arrangement, we are using the VW Taigun, which we had borrowed from a friend.

A final shot of Innova taken on the day of selling
My pre-owned Toyota Innova with 175,000 km on the odo-25d25434f8a442c79784427da0e5e01c.jpeg

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 30th April 2022 at 17:22. Reason: Uploaded the picture of the car
car_guy1998 is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks