Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 17:10   #16

Re: Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review

Thank you Arshad, Challenger has a cool factor to it. Cant have all of it
ssadasiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 19:46   #17
BHPian

Moderator note: Please go through the Announcement section to understand Team BHP etiquette better before proceeding. Post edited for excessive smilies and dotty .... posts. Thanks.

After reading your review, I remembered a comment I posted my friend's FB wall when he shared a pic of his red C-Class -"Love the car and the color"
Same goes for your car

Congratulations on your ride Wishing you many more 0-60s.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th March 2021 at 19:53.
Old 8th March 2021, 20:21   #18

Welcome to the brotherhood of muscle! I can tell you the 6.4 hemi is a different beast and you made the right choice. The last 4 years with my scatpack has been nothing short of amazing. It never fails to put a smile on my face. I have taken it on the track, drag strip and I've even driven it on gravel roads and on the snow (with snow tires). I do recommend you get the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 as your next set of tires. They are really good on rain too and reduce the road noise as well. Since you have wider rims on the SRT I believe you can go up to 275s all around. Enjoy the car!

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_3617.jpg
prakyath89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 21:02   #19
BHPian

@ssadasiv - Congratulations on the ride. Looks very nice in red.

I currently reside in Qatar. I had helped pick a 8 Speed auto Charger R/T+ for a close friend. Another friend has a 5 speed transmission Charger R/T

There is an option to move the remove the number plate and make it into a sticker as shown in photo. It will look better in my opinion.

With great power comes great fuel and maintenance bill. If you are not aware, the parts on SRT are very expensive. Like QR9000 for the brake rotors compared, to like QR 2000 for R/T.

There is a known issue on the black trim around the front windows above the alcantara. It starts bending inward after a few summers. Watch out on this before the warrenty expires.

So far my friends are happy with the service at the agency.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20201229_185506.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20200127_182049.jpg  

RacerByHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 21:16   #20
BHPian

I quite agree with you on this GTO. Nothing beats an American Muscle.

I had this great pleasure of driving these beasts in USA(All were rentals, so I didn't mask the license plates).
- Black Charger V6 in 2011 at Detroit for a week(I lost pics on one of my crashed HD)
- Red Charger V8 HEMI in 2017 at Dallas for 2 weeks
- Black Challenger V8 HEMI in 2017 at Dallas for a week
- Black Mustang GT in 2018 at San Francisco for 4 days
- White Chrysler C300 V6 in 2018 at Dallas for a week

Attaching few pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170409_161315.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170409_161329.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170409_161410.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170513_113549.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170513_113557.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20170513_113650.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180203_125256.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180203_125439.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180302_171043.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180304_074402.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180304_074646.jpg  

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-img_20180304_094909.jpg  

DCharger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 00:08   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Woah! That would be the best dream come true. Here's wishing you a many more happy miles with this beast.

This takes me back to the fond memories of my three days with a Charger SXT (3.6 V6, ~300 bhp and 350 Nm). With a careless right foot, I was able to step the rear out a couple of times. I could only imagine what a fun would it be with your red beast. Next time I am in the USA, I will try to drive one.
Thanks NTO . In US I believe there will be so many options, maybe the hellcat even
ssadasiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 00:19   #22
BHPian

Nice review OP.

One very good PLUS about the charger is also the legroom and comfort of rear passengers. It’s a very practical family car actually. A few friends own these and I always found it comfortable riding in them. I also quite like the suite of features you get.

A new two door stang is just not comfortable for rear passengers at all. For the driver, that’s another story ��.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

We’ve a DOM Toretto in the house thats one crazy looking eye smacking beautiful looking car! I love muscle cars and mustang was one of my favorites. But looking at how beautifully this sedan oozes that character of a muscle car while still being family friendly is something that tickles me to love the car even more! Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 9th March 2021, 18:49   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi6.2 View Post
Man!! What a ride!
Dodge makes some of the sweetest cars on the planet.
Regarding the AWD setup, Dodge sells AWD Chargers to American Police Departments but they are likely out of reach for private owners unless someone heads to Police Department auctions.
Also V6 Challengers come with AWD.
Thanks Hemi6. Yes, Dodge SXT and GT i.e V6 models have AWD. Wish they can carry this to other specs as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Congrats on your new ride mate! Quite the entry into Team-Bhp.

I must say, you make the right choice going used. The resale values for all cars except Toyotas are terrible in the GCC, this is especially the case with V8s.

Also, you made the choice going American, no other country gives you so much power, performance and all those glorious decibels from the good ol' V8s for the such a low price.
Thanks dragracer. Yes, cars don't hold their value well here. Quality of American cars have improved well

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguru4ever View Post
Moderator note: Please go through the Announcement section to understand Team BHP etiquette better before proceeding. Post edited for excessive smilies and dotty .... posts. Thanks.

After reading your review, I remembered a comment I posted my friend's FB wall when he shared a pic of his red C-Class -"Love the car and the color"
Same goes for your car

Congratulations on your ride Wishing you many more 0-60s.
Thanks Coolguru .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakyath89 View Post
Welcome to the brotherhood of muscle! I can tell you the 6.4 hemi is a different beast and you made the right choice. The last 4 years with my scatpack has been nothing short of amazing. It never fails to put a smile on my face. I have taken it on the track, drag strip and I've even driven it on gravel roads and on the snow (with snow tires). I do recommend you get the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 as your next set of tires. They are really good on rain too and reduce the road noise as well. Since you have wider rims on the SRT I believe you can go up to 275s all around. Enjoy the car!
Thanks Prakyath. Nice color there, you seem to be maintaining your car pretty well. Don't have the variety of Terrain here like US, will remember the suggestion on the Tyres when due for replacement. Enjoy your scat pack

Last edited by ssadasiv : 9th March 2021 at 18:56. Reason: Missed a response
Old 9th March 2021, 19:06   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerByHeart View Post
@ssadasiv - Congratulations on the ride. Looks very nice in red.
===
So far my friends are happy with the service at the agency.
Thanks RacerByHeart. Yes thats a good suggestion on the Number plate. Spare parts are expensive here and no offense but dealers rip you off as well. I was quoted 1300$ for brakepads and was told that i have to replace rotors because there is a scratch blah blah.. cost is 3500$ . I didnt fall for this and got the brakepads replaced outside, 5k on odo after that and touchwood car is just fine.
Headliner of my car is cloth, i couldn't the black trim you are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCharger View Post
I quite agree with you on this GTO. Nothing beats an American Muscle.

I had this great pleasure of driving these beasts in USA(All were rentals, so I didn't mask the license plates).
- Black Charger V6 in 2011 at Detroit for a week(I lost pics on one of my crashed HD)
- Red Charger V8 HEMI in 2017 at Dallas for 2 weeks
- Black Challenger V8 HEMI in 2017 at Dallas for a week
- Black Mustang GT in 2018 at San Francisco for 4 days
- White Chrysler C300 V6 in 2018 at Dallas for a week

Attaching few pics..
Woah.. you seem to have driven all the muscle cars except Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Nice review OP.

One very good PLUS about the charger is also the legroom and comfort of rear passengers. It’s a very practical family car actually. A few friends own these and I always found it comfortable riding in them. I also quite like the suite of features you get.

A new two door stang is just not comfortable for rear passengers at all. For the driver, that’s another story ��.
Thanks Pankajkara, yes its a practical and comfortable car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
We’ve a DOM Toretto in the house thats one crazy looking eye smacking beautiful looking car! I love muscle cars and mustang was one of my favorites. But looking at how beautifully this sedan oozes that character of a muscle car while still being family friendly is something that tickles me to love the car even more! Enjoy and drive safe.
Thanks gururajrv, iam just an average joe who got lucky
Old 9th March 2021, 21:10   #26

In the 15k service, brakepads had worn out and had to be replaced. But OEM brakepads (Brembo) quoted by the service center was very expensive around 1300$ and was told about Rotor to be replaced which would cost 3500$. This is one of the biggest drawback in ME, all parts are imported and huge markups added by dealers.
All engines with 6.4 litre and above have to be serviced every 5k unlike v6 which is every 10k. I started thinking if i made the right choice at all in getting the car.

Spent a while searching for alternate options and questioning the service engineer. Checked with Brembo US for brakepads which were like 150$ per piece but due to covid there was no visibility of shipment. Found good review and recommendation from charger owners for a third party Ceramic brake pads and ordered from Amazon. Total cost including shipping and installation was 400$.

Old Brembo brakes
Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-brembo.jpg

I was looking to get mechanical and replace the breakpads myself, thanks to some online videos. Good that i decided against it. Workshop guys spent 2+ hours to replace the brake pads

Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-wip.jpg

Brembo brakes are known to produce lot of break dust and the wheels become very dirty. Ceramic are supposed to be better. I didnt notice any difference and brakes are as powerful as they used to be.

<Image sourced from internet>
Red Muscle | Dodge Charger SRT 392 6.4L V8 | Ownership Review-powerstop-z26.jpg

Have completed 5k since the last service and brake pad replacements. Next service is due, dont know whats in store this time from the service center . So far cost of Maintenance and spare parts is 1050 $ approximately.
ssadasiv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks