Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 14:02   #31
BHPian

Re: 10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
Wasn't tata fined for not making parts available in the open market? Honda should sell you the parts over the counter no quesitons asked!
Honda is notorious for not giving customer freedom to source parts from them and get the work done from FNG. As per the feedback from Vsh06 in few posts above. Have dropped an email to Hondacarsindia, hopefully they will provide positive feedback and help out with sourcing of parts from one of there HASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Saint View Post
If you do not mind, can you share the detail of your FNG?
Sure Brother. Have shared you the details by message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
Hi Silver-Arrow,

I have a Aug 2017 Jazz V-CVT and need some work to be done on Suspension of the car as it tends to pass on even the minutest of the undulations in surface to the passengers in the car. Could you please help me with the contact details of Shiva bhai or any other trusted FNG so that I can get in touch with him for my requirements as going through HASS is a very time consuming and tedious process. Thanks a lot.
Building trust with a FNG is hugely dependent on how the individual builds rapport with the Mechanics. As requirement/expectation of every individual is different. Sharing you the details of the FNG. Give him a call and check him out. You wont be disappointed with the honesty and attention to detail.
SILVER-ARROW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 20:22   #32
BHPian

Congratulations on owning this gem! My honda city 3rd gen 2011 VMT also completed 1.1 lacs without any sweat. Infact changed my OE brake pads at1 lac under preventive maintenance. Stock suspension and all other parts. It has been a wonderful ownership of this gem. Now since I bought Kona in January, looking for selling this gem but with a heavy heart . Always serviced at HASS and washed by me only with mineral soft water. Looks as good as new , both inside and out. This was the finest honda petrol sedans in the country in its time and may be ever. Cheers for fellow owners and enjoy this power of dreams.
sheelRP is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 08:50   #33

Nice to see people holding on to cars for such a long duration. I wonder if today's turbo-charged 3 cylinder engines will last that long.
Sheogarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-ARROW View Post

Car ready and raring to munch more miles in year ahead. Will keep the Thread Posted.
Hello! Good to see the update.

I have the same model - 2012 V AT purchased second hand in 2020.

I recently repainted the car, along with sorting the issue of heavily rusted doors (all four of them) which overall was a very average job done.

The doors still need some touch up rust wise, from the insides.

The suspension is creaking, there is some water leakage in the cabin, and some minor niggles here and there. There are a lot of accessories I want to install as well - dash camera, some ambient lighting, look for some VFM headlight upgrades, to name a few.

I want to spruce up the interiors as well a little, add some piano black or wooden finishes to the panels around the HU and armrests.

I searched the used market for some other options - preferably diesel auto but none come to mind as a worthy replacement.

So I am guessing I would be keeping this car with a major overhaul after the rains possibly, and keep her for atleast till her fitness certification is due.

Would need your help with the do and don't please.
Old 1st August 2023, 10:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post

Would need your help with the do and don't please.
Hi Manas. Check you Inbox. Have shared the details.

It would be a wise decision to retain the car till fitness certificate. Get some upgrades done and car will feel like new for another few years.
Old 15th August 2023, 23:14   #36

Thank you for initiating the thread, Silver Arrow, I literally signed up on Team BHP to get access to you! I have a 2013 Honda City as well, has run 1L kms and I want to get it serviced at a place where I can trust the mechanic. I have had a poor experience with the Authorised Service Dealer - they literally scared me into replacing the Suspension, Breaks etc. Would you be kind to share the coordinates of your go to mechanic for the job in Mumbai? Appreciate your input.
100Miles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Miles View Post
Would you be kind to share the coordinates of your go to mechanic for the job in Mumbai? Appreciate your input.
Hey buddy,

Apologies for delay in replying. Find below details of the persons.

Mr. Shiva ( 9892602072) - Owner of the FNG.

Mr. Joshy Krishnan ( 9820524484) - Owner of Music Point. Go to guy for any accessory and infotainment system requirement. He was the one who directed me to Shiva.

Refer Google Maps location below for garage location.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sh...9p3s?entry=ttu

Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 23:07   #38
BHPian

Passion for a car is like a burning love affair on wheels. It's a deep and intense connection that transcends the mechanical and becomes emotional. The car isn't just a machine; it's a reflection of one's personality, style, and aspirations. Every detail, from the engine's purr to the feel of the steering wheel, is a source of joy and excitement. It's the thrill of the open road, the pride of ownership, and the countless hours spent customizing and caring for it. This passion drives enthusiasts to learn about every aspect of their car, and share stories with fellow enthusiasts. It's a profound and enduring love that can't be easily explained to those who haven't experienced it.

The 11th anniversary is a milestone in any relationship. Having this milestone for your car makes it even more special. It is a time to celebrate the love and commitment that has been shared for over a decade. It is also a time to reflect on all the good drives you have had in the past decade.

Car is still in excellent condition except for two issues. Cruise control wasn't engaging and clutch seemed to have got hard.

Last two services on the car were carried outside HASS which were more than satisfactory. Thought of giving the car for a quick overall check at HASS as 11th year completion was round the corner. General check was quoted at about 900 Rs and labour another 600 Rs. Went for the offer package of 3000 Rs which included
  • Complete car diagnosis check.
  • Engine Oil check
  • Oil Filter check
  • Clutch Check.
  • Washing and cleaning.
Results of the Diagnosis were positive, car is mechanically sorted with no major signs of alarm. Clutch is in good condition and could last for atleast another 10K kms. No slippage in gears were noticed. Bushing was replaced to get the cruise control problem resolved.

Got the car delivered on the same day and took it straight to Diwan Autocare for balancing and alignment which was just few minutes from the service Centre.

This was my first visit to Diwan Autocare and was pleasantly surprised to find them being one of the authorized dealers for MOMO alloys.
One particular design which caught our attention was MOMO Hyperstar Evo.
10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-momo-alloys.jpeg

When the car was restored at the 10th year mark, changing of alloys was also part of the list of things to do, went through a host of alloy options, but none of them were particularly enticing.

Criteria was clear, it had to be MOMO Alloys and size shall be stock 15". Had contacted Sai Mag Wheels(Delhi) and Bombay Tyres (Mumbai) about availability and different options. The only options available in the 15" size were Massimo Concave and Screamjet Evo Concave. Was particularly interested in Massimo Matt black alloys, but those were out of stock. Idea of changing the alloys was deferred to a later date when the right option is available. Waited for the right option and design.

Thoughts of changing the alloy wheels which were put to rest one year back started ringing in our minds again.

Enquired about the price and available offers. Checked availability of same alloys at Sai mag wheels, they only had 16" and above in stock for Hyperstar Evo.

As wife was also along with me, she could see the excitement and thrill in my eyes which were reminiscent of a 5 year old wanting his favorite toy in a Fair.

Wasn't difficult to convince her that it would be a wonderful gesture changing the alloys and giving the car brand new look on its 11th Anniversary.

She smirked at me and agreed to go ahead. We were there to get wheel alignment done and now were buying new set of Alloys for the car.

Discussed the details with the owner Mr. Yagnesh and finalized the Deal.

Car was taken up the Ramp to get the alloys changed.

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-1.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-2.jpeg

Stock Honda Alloys

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-3.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-4.jpeg

Checking the gap between the wheel's center bore and the vehicle hub. Installed Hub centric ring to align the center of tyre and wheel assembly.

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-5.jpeg

Getting the Tyres swapped from Honda Alloys to MOMO Alloys

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-6.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-7.jpeg

Doesn't it look Beautiful

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-10.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-11.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-12.jpeg

Car Ready for Delivery after Balancing and Alignment

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-13.jpeg

Few more pics Upclose of the Alloys

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-14.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-15.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-16.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-17.jpeg

10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen)-18.jpeg

Changing your car's alloy wheels is a rewarding process that can breathe new life into your vehicle.

The car looks Fabulous in the new alloys, no amount of gazing is able to satisfy my urge to keep staring at the car.

There is marked improvement in handling and vibrations have minimized. Unsure whether this is due to the changed alloys or its my mind playing tricks on me.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th October 2023 at 11:16. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
SILVER-ARROW is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 12:12   #39
BHPian

Wow. That looks really cool. There's something elegant and classy about a 5 spoke. Really matches well with the city. How much did it cost for a set?
venukrithish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 15:15   #40
BHPian

These are expensive. Invest in anti theft bolts as well!
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 16:23   #41

Woah. Those looks amazing. Literally makes your car more aggressive.
How much does these alloys cost you ??
Old 17th October 2023, 22:28   #42
BHPian

Congratulations! I may be in the minority but i still kind of prefer the stock multi-spoke alloys or something similar as this facelift 3rd gen has a elegant look, and multi-spokes complement it well. It probably looks better in real life i guess.
UMXR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 08:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
Wow. That looks really cool. There's something elegant and classy about a 5 spoke. Really matches well with the city. How much did it cost for a set?
Thank you buddy. Yes 5 Spoke really look good. There were other options as well in MOMO Screamjet Evo and MOMO Massimo. But 5 spoke design caught our fascination.
The Alloys costed us 42k excluding the Hub rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
These are expensive. Invest in anti theft bolts as well!
Yes Buddy. Anti theft bolts were out of stock, have been ordered will be available in a weeks time. Will share the pics once installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashram View Post
Woah. Those looks amazing. Literally makes your car more aggressive.
Thanks Mate. Yes it enhances the stance and makes the car standout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXR View Post
Congratulations! I may be in the minority but i still kind of prefer the stock multi-spoke alloys or something similar as this facelift 3rd gen has a elegant look, and multi-spokes complement it well. It probably looks better in real life i guess.
Completely agree with you mate. Stock Alloys are really good.
However we intend to keep the car for at least another 4-5 years so to spruce up things we decided to do some modifications to satisfy our cravings. This decision was more heart over mind.
SILVER-ARROW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 10:47   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-ARROW View Post
Passion for a car is like a burning love affair on wheels. It's a deep and intense connection that transcends the mechanical and becomes emotional. The car isn't just a machine; it's a reflection of one's personality, style, and aspirations. Every detail, from the engine's purr to the feel of the steering wheel, is a source of joy and excitement....

...When the car was restored at the 10th year mark, changing of alloys was also part of the list of things to do, went through a host of alloy options, but none of them were particularly enticing....

Criteria was clear, it had to be MOMO Alloys and size shall be stock 15". Had contacted Sai Mag Wheels(Delhi) and Bombay Tyres (Mumbai) about availability and different options. The only options available in the 15" size were Massimo Concave and Screamjet Evo Concave. Was particularly interested in Massimo Matt black alloys, but those were out of stock. Idea of changing the alloys was deferred to a later date when the right option is available. Waited for the right option and design.

Thoughts of changing the alloy wheels which were put to rest one year back started ringing in our minds again.
Enquired about the price and available offers. Checked availability of same alloys at Sai mag wheels, they only had 16" and above in stock for Hyperstar Evo.

As wife was also along with me, she could see the excitement and thrill in my eyes which were reminiscent of a 5 year old wanting his favorite toy in a Fair.

Wasn't difficult to convince her that it would be a wonderful gesture changing the alloys and giving the car brand new look on its 11th Anniversary.

She smirked at me and agreed to go ahead. We were there to get wheel alignment done and now were buying new set of Alloys for the car.

Discussed the details with the owner Mr. Yagnesh and finalized the Deal...

...Changing your car's alloy wheels is a rewarding process that can breathe new life into your vehicle.

The car looks Fabulous in the new alloys, no amount of gazing is able to satisfy my urge to keep staring at the car.

There is marked improvement in handling and vibrations have minimized. Unsure whether this is due to the changed alloys or its my mind playing tricks on me.
Hey buddy! By any chance have you retained your older alloys? I own an etios, it has steel wheels and I'm having trouble finding 15' inch Toyota alloys or any other good looking OEM alloys. My pocket isn't allowing me to spend too much on aftermarket options right now, so looking for anyone who could sale off his OEM alloys if retained we'll. Will appreciate your response ��

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th October 2023 at 11:15. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 25th October 2023, 13:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelburner_21 View Post
Hey buddy! By any chance have you retained your older alloys?
Hi Fuelburner_21,

Alloys got sold within few days of posting an advert on OLX.
The guy who bought the alloys, replaced his steel rims on Honda Jazz.

Thanks
SILVER-ARROW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks