Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 16:01   #31
BHPian

A great tribute

A great tribute to faithful companion.But as they say 'life moves on'. Sitaro ke aage jaha or bhi he.... (There exist a world even beyond beautiful stars..) Explore it my friend.
-Ajay
PS
A bit OT but I have no clue why MUL discontinued beautiful ZEN and brought estilo. Especially when they still want to continue with 800 and wagonR.
Old 8th July 2007, 20:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajay - Thanks. Yes it was indeed a gem of an automobile.I have never been able to fathom the why of MUL's decision to discontinue the Zen in its original avataar. Though the original Zen shape,styling and the ergonomics with a new engine could have kept it going on for a long time !
Yes life indeed has to move on...and in my case it has - about 40K KMs ! Pls read the review of my Scorp at 40 K KMs titled - Rhapsody in Black in the long term ownership reports !
Old 8th July 2007, 21:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
A bit OT but I have no clue why MUL discontinued beautiful ZEN and brought estilo. Especially when they still want to continue with 800 and wagonR.

Since people who loved those zens started looking for bigger cars & the newer gen car buyers were not interested in an 'old' model. Happens all the time. Only those who have owned the zen will know that there is no other car in the market right now to replace it.

@guderian.. what's with the Heinz Guderian thing ? are you a fan of him ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 8th July 2007 at 21:25.
Old 8th July 2007, 21:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Esteem Lover - Guess you are right about the Zen being dropped by the powers that be ?
And about the Guderian thing ? As I explained somewhere here -I am Guderian !
Old 8th July 2007, 22:09   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian
I have never been able to fathom the why of MUL's decision to discontinue the Zen in its original avataar.
Just look around at a few old threads here. I am guessing TBHP was half the reason why they stopped production of the zen & baleno . With so many of them crying foul over them being outdated, MUL looting us over pricing it etc etc.
Old 9th July 2007, 00:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

I had tears in my eyes when I finally turned around after selling my Zen, never to look back again. The new owner was a nice man who knows how to take care of a car, and it was important for me. My 2 year old daughter refused to ride the new Esteem and cried a lot - for about two weeks. We had to tell her that we had given it to the car doctor and he made the same car bigger. It was not and she never believed this bull ****.
Old 9th July 2007, 14:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha - Good one Sudipto ! If my son was small enough would have tried that on him...he was not amused when I told him that the Zen was crumbling and pat came the response wherein he accused me of not being able to handle the Zen properly and creating a reason for it's departure. He was mighty cut up with the Scorpio when it came in first, though now he's in love with it !
Old 9th July 2007, 21:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Just look around at a few old threads here. I am guessing TBHP was half the reason why they stopped production of the zen & baleno . With so many of them crying foul over them being outdated, MUL looting us over pricing it etc etc.
Somehow feel that the esteem had a lot more to offer & hence stays till now even though it is outdated by a margin & a mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
And about the Guderian thing ? As I explained somewhere here -I am Guderian !
Guderian sinha ? or Guderian Babu ? or bablu ? LOL
Old 9th July 2007, 21:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Somehow feel that the esteem had a lot more to offer & hence stays till now even though it is outdated by a margin & a mile.
I agree with you cent percent.
Old 10th July 2007, 15:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Guderian sinha ? or Guderian Babu ? or bablu ? LOL
Esteem Lover - Heinz - The ketchup !!!

Would anyone here have the Zen classic which came out a few years ago ? And any comments from the group on it ? Looking at a second hand classic (Looks a little weird I know ! Oops hope I haven't ruffled any feathers here...) to keep as a family runabout.
Old 10th July 2007, 15:19   #41
BHPian

Guderian, Nice write up - what/where is the Valhalla of cars? And who receives their souls?

Superavi
Old 10th July 2007, 18:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Superavi...its possibly the souls of the drivers who've left Earth in a hurry after a smash up in their beloved wheels or those who have gently left Earth in a more peaceful manner but loved their wheels...
Or spirits that haunt the scrap yards ?
Old 14th June 2012, 11:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zen - A tribute !

An Ode to the Ol' Boy !

This is truly spooky. Resuscitating a 5 year old thread.
And the reason ? Came across a bunch of snaps of my Zen after so many years, which I forgot ever existed.
And also a sadness that I hadn't put up any snaps of the first vehicle I owned and which had performed exceptionally well on the thread here.
And so here you have it after 5 years of near closure of this thread - My Zen:
Zen - A tribute !-zen-004.jpg

Not too bad considering 8 years of service in 3 states - West Bengal (oops... Paschim Banga !), Delhi and finally Maharashtra and nearly 1,10,000 KMs.

And the last year standing in an open garage with no runing around and just a monthly start up and idling. Didn't have the heart to give it away but finally had to make up my mind.

Snaps taken on the day when the ol' chap was taken away. Had to be jump started.

The engine bay...neglected state. Now feel sorry about it !
Zen - A tribute !-zen-001.jpg

The upholstery looked good even on the last day.
Zen - A tribute !-zen-007.jpg
Zen - A tribute !-zen-013.jpg

Interiors still super. Great quality.
Zen - A tribute !-zen-012.jpg
Zen - A tribute !-zen-003.jpg
You just don't find this amount of robustness of parts and plastics in any vehicle today.

The years had taken its toll:
Zen - A tribute !-zen-005.jpg

And yet it held its ground till the last day:
Zen - A tribute !-zen-006.jpg
Zen - A tribute !-zen-009.jpg

I have no clue finally what happened to it at the Valhalla of cars.
Adios my friend - a real plucky chap I tell you !
Zen - A tribute !-zen-008.jpg

Last edited by Guderian : 14th June 2012 at 11:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks