Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:11   #1
BHPian

From being a BULL Dozer to a scorpio aka BLACK BEAST....

hi
I am just back from a 2500km trip TO NORTH INDIA in scorpio CRDe ......
Firstly the story begins like this .....
I am a regular reader of all the posts put on teambhp & currently i have a WagonR (2004 model) & i also hav a rivera RED Thunder bird (2003 model)....
In my friend circle we have 2 scorpios , first one is the turbo DI (2003 model) & the second 1 is the new CRDe model, with the older model scorp we all friends were very much impressed which is returning a handsome mileage of 14KMPL even now & has completed 77,000KMS which is still going strong.....
All the trouble started when we decided to go for another scorpio , we had gud experience with Vijai auto , Blore so we purchased the Black beast on september 5, 2006(CRDe DX).we got alloys & some stickering to it and it really lived up to its name(Black Beast) in the looks my frnd was very careful while driving in the initial runin period ,he was getting a mileage of 7-8KMPL witout ac(he uses it mostly on highways) after the 1st service. once friends decided to go to tirupathi (it was around 5months after buying it) then they came to know abt its mileage it was a stagerring 5-6KMPL wit ac on 90% , it was a real shocker to us , what was even more shocking was the very owner of the beast was unaware of its mileage so after the trip they went back to Vijai and explained the problem (still i have not come into picture) even after numerous efforts the problem was not rectified .so the owner (my dear friend ) left the beast to gather dust in his garage(he didnt give a damn abt it for a while).
one accident bought me into the picture ....
My brother had arrived from kolkota (doing his Mtec in aerospace) he usually uses my car whenever he is in blore .one fine day he happened to meet the lovely laura(skoda) on the way and just hit her from the back & my wagonR was in pieces with chassis getting damaged ...
coming to the topic (sry for the deviation)
so my friend offered me to try the beast for sometime(he told me tat it has some mileage problem) i taught it must be giving 8KMPL (in city something like tat) after using it for a while to my astonishment i was in a dilemma ??? am i driving
a scorpio or a BULLDOZER (Even busses give around 5KMPL in the city ) i cant even say how much it left me frustated so asked him what all the things he did to rectify the mistake but no use & my older scorp friend also was not of any help ..
so turned to teamBHP,Mr.W12 (i would like to call him as Mr.Saviour) came to my rescue & suggested me to visit INDIA GARAGE near white field , when i took the beast there the service manager recieved us with great hospitality (when i said w12 has sent us) he personally checked the cars performance & test drove it twice and asked me to leave the car now n take delivery tommorow .. i gave a firm no no& told him i would stay with the car no matter how much time it takes...
The journey began .............
They took the car inside & started to do the preliminary checks there within half an hour they caught the culprit it was a faulty fuel line which was leaking the nozzle manufactured was defective .....
after tuning the engine etc manager assured me that the culprit was indeed the faulty fuel line so he replaced it under warranty & under FOC ......

After a couple of days driving the beast around i am kinda addicted to it now so i told this gud news to all my friends that the problem is solved but nobody was ready to listen so they came up with a plan to put the beast to test .(condition apply*)
Condition - if the beast returns less than 10KMPL(highway no ac) i must take care of the beast's diesel expences for the entire trip ....
so on 24th of july we left to shirdi (and also to few other places) with lot unprepardeness & finally returned on 1st of august...
THE BLACK BEAST RETURNED A HANDSOME MILEAGE OF 11kmpl (even after driving it above speed limits ) so i was on cloud nine & thanks to W12 & Mr hemanth manager of india garage..

Guys please pardon me if there is any gramatical or any other mistakes .
i hope u ppl liked it .....
Old 2nd August 2007, 22:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats good experience so India garage solved the problem, I heard few telling scorpio return bad FE, every story like this because of people visiting wrong place. Its good you visited right place under right expert's advise

Ravi.
Old 3rd August 2007, 07:49   #3
BHPian

When i came to know about this problem i took it to Vijai they hooked a laptop & showed me that everything was fine & they started to discuss on my the driving style (according to them this was the only reason they could find) .........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks