Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 14:57   #1

Shady's Fusion 1.6 - 8000kms report!!!

ah....8000kms in 9months! traveled a lot on this mean machine. mumbai-a'bad-mumbai(600kms oneway), mumbai-pune-mumbai(140kms one way), mumbai-jawhar-mumbai (160kms oneway-hills-3times)and of course mumbai traffic everyday

at the time i bought this car i wasnt so sure about the it. i was more worried as i hardly use to see any fusion on the mumbai streets. but i loved the car so much after the test drive and i booked it within 2 days after the test drive. each person sits in my car for the first time and says wow, what a spacious car. and each person traveled with me on highways, said wow, good choice. so now, i am pretty sure that i didnt make a mistake buying this one.

its been 9months and had no problem till now(touch wood). changed my fuel guage once, that too in warrenty period and i doubted it wasnt working properly. nothing to lose. not a single puncture has happened till now. i was just worried once when i turned off the engine and got out of the car, there was still something on inside the bonnet. i still dont know what it was. but for a sudden problem like that i didnt have any option but to turn the engine on again and then turn it off. it was fine then. (plz let me know what it could be if any one of you know).

so anyway, its 8000kms and the way is wide open for the mean machine to follow the light.

Cheers
SlimShady
Old 21st August 2007, 16:40   #2
BHPian

Hey Slimshady,

Nice going. What are the FE figures? How would you rate the car in terms of ride quality?
Old 21st August 2007, 16:42   #3
BANNED

Quote:
i was just worried once when i turned off the engine and got out of the car, there was still something on inside the bonnet.
Probably the radiator fan and thats pretty normal - same reason that you have to be careful when fiddling around under the bonnet of a warm engine.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am a BIG fan of Fusion.Now i am having a WagonR.
I planned to buy a Fusion Diesel.But it's around 6.59K.
Is it worth ?I am much confused.
or i go for Fiesta Diesel or Verna Crdi
Old 21st August 2007, 17:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Shady bro,

Could you share more details? Like this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...km-report.html
Old 21st August 2007, 17:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please post the details i.e. service details,cost of running so far(service+parts+fuel),top Speeds,Handling etc etc
problems faced so far

it will be beneficial for other people aspiring to buy Ford Fusion
Old 21st August 2007, 18:37   #7

@ palio_2005 : i would rate it 8.5/10. may be more as per the time passes by riding it.

@deepakvrao : ah. thanks bro. really needed that word. "normal"

@aks karthik : well fusion diesel must be more interesting. and as per the cost, fiesta and verna would cost you almost the same. if you really like the car buy it. its definitely worth buying it.

@phamilyman : dude i really appreciate that you are interested in more details about the car, but i really dont get much time to write so much details like the link you have sent. but i'll tell you the overall feedback about fusion 1.6 is that its really gets stuck on the roads at high speed and i have pushed it to 173km/h on baroda-a'bad express way and believe me it feels like you are goin @100. i didnt push it more than 2mnts. as i was also worried about the quality of roads we have here. but it was fun,(for sometime).

@simply_sunny : well overall i've been faced 0 problems till now and hope it stays that way for the rest of its life. which is not possible i guess. my 3 free services are over and have spent 0.00 money for the service till now. as per the parts, i have replaced fuel gauge , which was under warranty.so no expense for that too. and for fuel, dont have exact amount how much i have spent in fuel. but it gave me 16km/L average on highway with a.c. and it gives around 10km/L in mumbai traffic.

thank you all for your kind replies and do ask me if you have any particular detail i can help you with. sorry again for a short written review as i hardly get 10 to 15mnts of time in studio to surf internet. i will try my best to give you as much details as i can next time.

cheers
Shady
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Fusion Group 317 Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Please post the details i.e. service details,cost of running so far(service+parts+fuel),top Speeds,Handling etc etc
problems faced so far

it will be beneficial for other people aspiring to buy Ford Fusion
Hai,

Just thought I'd give a linky to a Fusion group for what it's worth:

fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts

There are 317 members discussing only the Fusion.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

============
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:44   #9
BHPian

What's the FE that you get?
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:56   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
my 3 free services are over
In 9 months? So the car is out of standard warranty already?
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

congrats man , we almost got a fusion here but the price put me off and went for palio. and it seems to be doing well lately since i am seeing more and more fusions on the roads here in chennai
Old 23rd August 2007, 01:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
In 9 months? So the car is out of standard warranty already?
Free Services have nothing to do with warranty IMHO.
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:33   #13

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i love the fusion .its a realy nice car but wasnt marketed well.now with the launch of the fusion with a diesel engine,im sure atleast the taxi cab operators are going to buy them as you have a lot of luggage capacity,its cheaper than the fiesta tdci.
can we atleast have some pics please.
Old 23rd August 2007, 03:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Fusion was always the true successor to the Josh machine, the real problem was pricing. Ford always gets it wrong.
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
my 3 free services are over and have spent 0.00 money for the service till now.
I thought ford offered only 2 free services. One at 5000 Kms or 2 Months and another at 10,000 Kms or 6 months. Also the consumables like engine oil, air filter, tyre alignment, balancing were Free?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks