Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 14:23   #1
BHPian

Maruti Swift -Vxi (ABS) 1000km ownership report

Bhpians,
Its been a month since I got my Swft VXi (ABS) - Silky Silver. I have driven the car on very few occasions as I was on and off the home town for some personal reasons.
Here are the few things which I would like to share for the fellow buyers.

1. Car provides you with excellent confidence when you drive esp @ >90kmph.
2. Very good seating position as I drove continuously from Bangalore to Shimoga non stop in 41/2 hrs.
3. Decent suspension not so very great but still manageable.
4. Did not like the incabin noise as I felt it would have been little better than what it is.
5. Hghway FE I got was 16.5kmpl(Shell) and on my way back 17(Reliance).
6. City around 11.5kmpl with 100%A/C on not very accurate as my car was driven mostly on highways so far.
7.Lack of rear viper and defogger even in vxi-abs model is big problem when it starts pouring. You end up driving assuming there is no one tailgating.
8. Great pickup and superb handling with good breaks.
9. ABS kicked in when it mattered the most (rain).
10. Gear change in the city is too frequent as it did not live upto my expectations may be I will get used to it.
11. My door opening handle is already not working poor maruti build I have to get it repaired.
12. Went is for first service with Bimal and It is fine see no issues with their service and they were very courteous.
13. A/C is superb in the car.
14. Parking is an issue as the view is not very good. Again I need to get used to it.

My Recommendation for new car buyers.
If you like driving the car yourself then buy the Swift as it gives overall good feel for a driver in that segment along with good FE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks