Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 07:01   #31
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Good the chevy guys responded with prompt service. Hope you aren't facing such issues now. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]BTW, I have my 6 month old Aveo 1.4, and when I was test driving the car, the sales guy kept raving about VGIS and the ability to cruise at 25 km in 5th without jerking or anything. It actually did work but to climb back to speed at that gear [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]from 25 kmph or so was difficult!! It felt like a good idea at first, like, it could be useful in slightly heavy traffic but I think it's a bad idea. It sounds like engine lugging/laboring, although, the car does not jerk or complain of being in 5th [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]in such low speeds. [/COLOR]
Old 14th September 2007, 07:09   #32
BHPian

VGIS useful??

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
I recently brought aveo 1.4. its just 225km done. today morning i had a problem

the gear knob went totally loose ,i was not able to ut the reverse, whenever i was putting it in reverse it was going forward. even the 1st gear felt like i am putting it in 3rd gear .
i had hard time parking my vechile, immediately called the service center , withing half n hour the technician was there to attend,

what actually happened : there is connection between gear knob and the gear boz , the joint part , i think has gone loose.
The technician did some fixing after which car was performing good, but he tok it to workshop for more through check up.

Well it shouldnt hapen like this , but anyway i am happy that service people immediately turned up for help.

beside this issue there has been no issue with my car, i agree with lokesh regarding the fuel efficiency its giving something around 10kmpl in city with AC on always.

Good that the chevy people responded back promptly. Gives us all confidence

Speaking of which, anyone knows what's the real advantage of VGIS? It's like the sales guy told me we can run the car in 5th gear with low speeds such as 25 or 30!! My Accent jerks and shudders at such speed in high gear but the Aveo doesn't feel like that but ofcourse, climbing back to speed would be difficult if I'm still in the high gear.
After reading some post about it, it sounds like engine lugging or laboring, whereby the engine feels more strained to work at such a gear, a bad thing!! Like I said, the Aveo doesn't shudder at all anyway, I thought such a feature might be useful in the city but I'm having second thoughts about it thinking about the impact on FE. Any suggestions/opinions on this?
Any sort of a way to understand when is the best time to upshift/downshift the gears? Usually I do it when I feel the engine can demands a downshift or can handle a upshift and this was also confirmed by another Team BHPian. Any other valuable suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks