Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 12:13   #1
BHPian

2007 Baleno, 5000 kms Report

Many of friends and family members asked me why a baleno? Go fr the new cars ,maruti is closing the production of balenos , they r launching the new car etc etc. But this is the car i wanted to buy since it was launced and finally against all these big questions and doubt i bought this car in feb.
First thing:I replaced the tires and put on the yokohama avs sports wider tires with the Hr rims.the stock tires were too skinny fr this car.
Secondly the ICE : got the pioneer 2150 rear speakers boston front speakers , alpine tweeters and a JVC head unit.. this was the basic requirement .

Now the main report:

Looks:

I always liked the looks of baleno . Its got the classy looks, fat back (i love the back of this car , fr many thats the ugly looking part) and with good tires and alloys on it makes the perfect deal.
I remember once i went to Bimal showroom parked my car and went inside to check something .then i saw the marketing exectutives standing next to my car and explaing the customer that this car is not into production , that customer was so impressed by the car that wanted to buy the same color same rims and tires. Thats a good compliment .

FE:

Initially i was a little upset with the figures , i was getting 10kms/l , but after the second service iam getting 13kms which is very good specially because i take a short cut(no tar road just a mud road) to my office and this short cut is pathetic i need to spend nearly 20minutes on this shot cut to catch the main road .this saves me from traffic atleast. My recent trip to Hyderbad i got 15km/l . all these figures r with 30%Ac on driving situations. Its a little less but i can live with it.

Ride , Handling and Pickup:

We all know this is a drivers car. Driving position is really good.
Suspensions handles the potholes, bad roads with ease. And specially the route i take with some really bad potholes ,the independent suspensions play a big role. except the speed breakers the car can take on bad roads easily. Fr speed breakers i have to be really slow otherwise it scrapes the bottom (when loaded ).

On highways the car feels so good ,and very easy to drive, i have taken it to 180kms speed and the handling was just superb. Though steering gets a little light at this speed which is a problem but then its ok.
Because of the design of this car ,its very easy to overtake other vehicles at a good speed , its totally in control.and the tires play a big role here( Yokohamas avs sports).
Fr city driving the torque plays a big role. I can manage 20kmph in 3rd gear which means less gear shifts. Though i hardly drive that ways ,i constantly try an push the car(i think its meant fr that).
The car pushes very easily which makes it really fun to drive. Theres lot i can talk on Handling pickup etc. but then it will get boring.

Inside :

Interiors r very dull and old fashioned but Very Practical. The car is very spacious, five people can sit comfortably . AC is too good ,it can cool the car quickly and it get really chilly inside, My wife always ask me to switch it off and in Bangalore there is hardly any need fr Ac ,its generally cool.
I drove the Car from Hyderbad to Bangalore covering 600+kms in one day with my Family(i was the only driver).It took us around 12hours to reach with some breaks in between and i must say its very comfortable, though I was tired by the end but not because of the drive. The seats r really comfortable
No backaches neck aches etc.etc. good legroom fr all the passenger seats.

Service:

I have taken the car from Pratham motors and i have no complaints against them. Right from the time Ii contacted them fr the first time fr Baleno query to servicing the car,Generally i get a call from them as a reminder fr my service date , They pick the car from my home and deliver it back which is great help fr me as i hardly get any time in weekdays. Bimal being close to my office,i tried them with my second service,and again i am a happy customer here they checked my car properly and dropped the car to my office.

Karan
Old 19th September 2007, 12:19   #2
BHPian

Pics r taken by Hellcat.The car looks even more beautifull in these pics.

Thanks Hellcat fr the pics.

Last edited by spider77 : 19th September 2007 at 12:34.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

great pics. And the wheels look so cool. Would really think of yokohamas next time i change my tyres. WOuld be good if you could give some info on price of alloys, tyres an some feedback after using the yokohamas.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

@spider77 - great pics. what is price of those alloys?
Old 19th September 2007, 13:05   #5
BHPian

Karan a very well written report. Some more pic...

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 19th September 2007, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Another one from the Bangy Baleno Club. Nice to know about your love. Nice colour, but i am not really sure it suits the baleno though. Happy driving.

P.S. You might want to edit the title of this thread for the spelling of the Baleno. PM a mod.
cheers
Old 19th September 2007, 13:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

nice review mate....My baleno is also the same vintage as yours and I have very similar views

Brilliant drivers car is all I can say!
Old 19th September 2007, 13:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@Spider, thats an awesome report. Can see that you are absolutely loving your car and see no regret in buying a car that was going out of production. I can understand this as i made the same decision of buying the viva crdi knowing well that its going out of prod. Well, when a mind is set on something, we gotta do it

@Hellcat, though my plan is to get it early next year but these pics make me want to buy the 400D badly
Old 19th September 2007, 13:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice car and Sanjay putting that Sigma 10-20mm to full use eh ?

Spider must be having a tough time maintaining this car without a spot.

Mods please do some justice and change the spelling of BALENO.
Old 19th September 2007, 14:21   #10
BHPian

hey spider

nice report, clearly states the sheer love for your car.
IMHO yours is the second best looking baleno over the forum after rjstyles friends white baleno

hellcat great photo's
Old 19th September 2007, 14:34   #11
BHPian

I must say that is 1 neato looking baleno, great car spider77, well maintained too dude,

Love the alloys too,

1 of the best looking baleno's i have seen.

I suggest you rather take your car from a longer route and a tar road than from the muddy shortcut roads as you described.

Enjoy your ride.

cheers cheers:
Old 19th September 2007, 16:33   #12
BHPian

Thats a neat ride. Did not know that the 07 came in maroon. Been seeing a lot of them around.
Old 19th September 2007, 17:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice car and a good color too. And well-maintained too.
Old 19th September 2007, 21:42   #14
BHPian

Lovely colour, really has me drooling, the tyres are to die for.
Of course with those tyres, you can expect a little less FE, but who cares?
Some more pics please! The Photog is to be complimented.
Old 19th September 2007, 21:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey Spider, what an awesome color and tyres.. looks stunning in your baleno..

How much do you get the yokohama tyres for (5 nos.)? Are they 15"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks