Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2004, 13:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Shan2nu, worth considering synthetic oil? Especially after 40k run? Cost, as I understand is an issue though.
Old 15th July 2004, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Wow. Thats cheap for a 40K service! Although I noticed you went for the cheap stuff when it came to the oil. Which oil did they use anyways? I hope not that stuff they get in bulk and pump out from a barrel!
No Rtech, these oils were specially made for Honda engines, certified by Honda. They were even badged as "Honda". The oil is made by Idemitsu, "15W-40" for Honda cars.

Honda engine oil

Regards...
Shan2nu

Shan2nu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2004, 14:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Actually, after running a car on mineral oil for such a long period of time, they say its not advisable to switch over to synthetic. So I guess its better to use what Honda recomends at this stage.

Rt
Old 15th July 2004, 14:59   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Nice to see such a low service cost at a major 40000 km service. I maintain entire service histories of all my cars - documented and in an excel spreadsheet format. The Vtec should cost less to service/repair over 100000 kms than my Esteem. Thats for sure.

This the true beauty of a Vtec. Despite offering so much to the heart, its also really appealing to the head. Relatively inexpensive maintainence, extremely high reliability, great fuel economy and a very very low level of wear and tear.

GTO
Old 10th September 2004, 16:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys am new here, was goin thru the conversation, is this low maintainance cost just for da VTEC or for all city's ??
Old 10th September 2004, 16:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

well ,well,, one of the best moderators of xbhp,has finally started posting here!!! welcome techno,and an intro please!
Old 10th September 2004, 16:45   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hi guys am new here, was goin thru the conversation, is this low maintainance cost just for da VTEC or for all city's ??
Correct. In fact not only the City, even the Accord is incredibly inexpensive to maintain and service compared to others in the D-Segment.

GTO
Old 18th June 2009, 10:07   #23
BHPian

We bought a 2001 VTec. And boy it feels better than our civic. Like GTO said, the 7k Shift, It is something to be experienced. Comparatively,Civic has too much of a linear power delivery for me. The jump in accelaration after 5500 rpm is something I enjoy every time I take it out. The car just transfroms into a totally different bieng.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We bought a 2001 VTec. And boy it feels better than our civic. Like GTO said, the 7k Shift, It is something to be experienced. Comparatively,Civic has too much of a linear power delivery for me. The jump in accelaration after 5500 rpm is something I enjoy every time I take it out. The car just transfroms into a totally different bieng.
Man, even after 8 years, i still look forward to driving the VTEC each n every day.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 02:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
My car was the first Honda in family and we don’t hesitate to but another one OHC VTEC if we get a best car with value for money deal. Trust me it’s like a RD in cars I believe.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Heh, it is a funny thing, the VTEC kick. Honda has been working more and more towards a seamless VTEC change-over and enthusiasts still crave the 'kick'.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:38   #27
BHPian

I brought a 2002 Honda City vtec(BLACK) yesterday. I brought it from my relatives very neatly used one. It has done 1,35k on the odo, very good service background, and in very mint condition. Its fully stock apart from 15" HRS RIMS and K&N conical airfilters.
I had no plan to buy another car, but everything just happened.
Now am planning to retain this and sell my Zen. Thinking of getting some mild mods on my engine like FFE ..
Guys please help me with the vtec tips and tricks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks