Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
WHAT??? The car is still not registered? That means no insurance as well. You still don't have a permanent driving license and doing speeds of 90 KPH. Sounds like a recipe for trouble.

What if there is an accident however minor, the blame will be on you and you'll have to pay everything from your pocket.

Don't the dealers in Hyd register the car before delivery? Get the registration and insurance done ASAP. I can understand your excitement with your first car and all but try focusing on getting a proper license first. You can have as much fun with your car after that.

Drive safe
- Jag
1. I have got my permanent driving license on 13th oct itself and I took the delivery on 16th. So no problems on that front.
2. I have been given a temporary #. And we can do registration and get the permanent # within 1 month. Thats how it is in Hyd be it a 4 wheeler or two wheeler. Infact, you can yourself go and get your car registered within 1 month. The dealer told me that I can roam anywhere in India with that temporary #, Invoice, delivery challan for 1 month.
3. I have the insurance. It is from HDFC. Again the dealer has given Form 52 to me and policy will be delivered to my home address.The form 52 clearly states that Insurance is effective from 16/10/07 11.30 AM to 15/10/08
4. And I did 90 kph on the road where everyone else were way above 90. I was in the leftmost lane to let them pass me. Car manual says not to exceed 80 kph for first 800km though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks