Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2005, 15:27   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any plans to sell of your car in the next 15 days?
umm no.

Waiting for the new Octi to arrive to upgrade.
Old 10th March 2005, 17:43   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

What happened to the 8 year thingy?
If i buy an octy i will surely put 100K km on the odo before selling it?
And if you do bu the new octy, be sure to get the looks modified..
Its plain ugly and that is a fact.
Old 10th March 2005, 19:04   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Rudra, i talk about the bike in much the same way to talk about your dream digicam!
Rtech darling I agree with you. Only one small difference...You have the money to buy a bike of your choice and I don't have the money to buy that camera...Unless price drops. Which I don't see happening in near future.

So mine will be a dream only
Old 10th March 2005, 22:43   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
What happened to the 8 year thingy?
Hahahaha! Exactly what i was thinking!
This is why i was shocked to hear Rtech saying at the begginging that he planned to keep the TDi for 8years especially looking at the way the indian car scene is and will be zooming ahead!

cya
R
Old 10th March 2005, 23:16   #35
BHPian

Great review.The 1.9Tdi has managed to convert a lot of petrol heads to the stickier fluid.Trust a european car to manage something like that!Czech your rear view mirror.........
Old 10th March 2005, 23:18   #36
Team-BHP Support

Well, the speed at which Skoda introduces new models in India, it will be after 8 years!
Old 12th March 2005, 12:12   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol Rtech.
Maybe you are right.. after all it took them 4 years to launch the octy out here (well it seemed that long).
Old 14th March 2005, 14:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ahaa, can i put my bit on the octavia too please. I got mine around mid april last year and it has 20,000 kms on it after 10 months, and there is no doubt about that fact that this is definitely one of the best value for money cars ive ever got.

I wont be able to give any inputs about dealer service coz i havent sent it to them at all. We take care of the car's service needs ourselves. Simply dont trust the dealers to do a good job. Moreoever delhi ones have a very bad reputation for switching parts.

I have the 1.9TDi as well, and inspite of the 90hp its still awesomely quick off the pedal. Ive taken the car almost everywhere, from the interiors of potholed rural punjab to the swanky NH8 delhi- jaipur highway. Hell, we even did our recce of the delhi INRC round in my octy (if rtech remembers that!) hehe But all said and done it was worth it, totally. I did Jalandhar-delhi 420kms in 5hrs mostly cruising at 120kph with ocassional bursts to 150kph. still returning me 18kpl at the end of the day. Id reckon if i drove it soberly i could have managed 22kpl atleast.

Recent upgrades include a piggyback chip (claimed upgrade = 20bhp) and it surely feels like it. Rtech would have experienced that the octy slows down a lot after 3800rpm, but with this chip the transition to 4500 is almost linear and the surge in power is very very evident, infact u can very much pull the car up to 5000revs but thats unnecessary. and surprisingly i havent had any major change in FE. first calculation would happen in a few days from now. Also the xenon headlamp conversion kit giving it the pure white bright light feel. I sat in a normal octy recently and although i was using the high beam i felt as if i cant see anything... so bright and addictive are the xenons. Also added was a 3D carbon fibre interior dash kit for the center panels, ac grilles and door locks etc. Looks pretty chic but too expensive. European stuff is definitely very expensive. The bodykit is under progress right now so another 10-12 days i guess then ill put up the final pics in the modded section once its done.

Cheers,
Arush
Old 14th March 2005, 14:51   #39
Team-BHP Support

Nice stuff auto.

Quote:
Recent upgrades include a piggyback chip (claimed upgrade = 20bhp) and it surely feels like it.
More details please. Where did you get it? What changes needed? Do I need to send my ECU to get this done? Finally, how much?

As you know, my car runs out of its warranty period in exactly 1 day (hint hint..!)
Old 14th March 2005, 17:19   #40
BHPian

All rights,here's my questions:
1.Where did you get the performance upgrade chip from?I'm thinking Europe.And the cost...
2.Are you aware of such chips being availabe for other Indian models?What a silly question!Of course,you do!If so,which cars?
3.All the above questions for Xenon lights too.(Yeah,I'm lazy)
4.Why on earth haven't you given your car to a dealer for service?Isn't your car under warranty?Is Skoda service THAT bad?
5.Last but not least,can I be your driver?(Okay,that was corny.sorry)
No,you won't get a coffee hamper (what's that?) or anything if you answer them fast enough.I'm just curious,that's all.After all,that's what T-BHP is all about right?We're all car-crazy!
Old 14th March 2005, 22:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing buddies! OK ill let the cat out of the bag, i have plans to pushmy skoda upto 160bhp atleast in thr next couple of months. Ill keep u updated on the upgrades that im doing for fellow enthusiasts.

there are 2 kind of chipping options: 1. Upgraded eprom chip in the ecu, 2. piggy back tuning box which connects in series to the injector pump.

Im using the latter which is a 5minute fitment job... just unplug the injector pump connector and push the module in between and reconnect it on either sides, thats it u have 20hp right there! Its available in UK for around 495 pounds or austria around 700 euros. Im offering it here for roughly the same price, Rs.37,500, ill ship it to you the very next day

For the ecu chip youll have to disconnect it from the car and send it all the way to europe to get it reprogrammed which is something silly to do as of now. but thats another 25hp upgrade... very tempting though. Should cost approximately 50k. But your car would be stranded for a couple of weeks.

Xenon light system Korean kit (high beam plus low beam) is for 29k comes with complete wiring and ballasts modules and wires and holders etc etc, fitment time is about 15mins. (taiwanese kits are about 25% cheaper but not that reliable so theyre not worth the risk)

Jasi: ecu upgrades are available for all european descent vehicles on indian roads but the same thing, the ecu will have to be shipped there and back. and yeah u can be my driver, but u shall not be allowed to drive, you can take the passenger seat
Old 15th March 2005, 00:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
and yeah u can be my driver, but u shall not be allowed to drive, you can take the passenger seat
In that case,I'll sit in the back seat.I'd love to be your back seat driver......and annoy you like hell!
More seriously,thanks for the excellent information.I'm being real pessimistic here,but aren't these upgrades kind of expensive?At least by Indian standards.I know we all want more bhp,but are there people serious enough,in India, to spend that kind of money?You should know,right?
Old 15th March 2005, 00:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

jasi, mods on jap cars are so much cheaper yeah. its only the european cars that are insanely expensive. the same ecu chipping costs the same wether its a skoda or a ferrari ! and yeah although the number of ppl who go in for such mods are very limited, im here to provide services to the very hardcore ones like myself hehe! Im sure if i dont mind spending 40k on a chip to get that punch, im sure theyd be others too...
Old 15th March 2005, 02:58   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
guys guys...gimme a break will ya!

Rudra, i talk about the bike in much the same way to talk about your dream digicam!

NC, an offer has been made, but the other party has to accept as well! To repeat a statement I made in a different post...its not like I can go into a showroom and ride out on a bike like that!

dude what bike did you make an offer for ?

manson .
Old 15th March 2005, 10:03   #45
Team-BHP Support

hey manson, lets not get off-topic here. Will PM you the details.

Arush, that piggyback is the type of thing I was looking for. Simple, no fuss and a good, usable power increase. Do you have any hp/torque charts to show the increase (usualy from the chip manufacturers website)? Which make is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks