Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2006, 20:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Time for a 65,000 km update.

I have noticed a couple of things gone wrong in the car -
1 - the clutch needs to be replaced or re-set because a couple of times when i had to move the car ahead or behind in the building, it would always stall unless i revved it to around 1.2K +. This is something that has never happened to me in any other car.
2 - When the driver drives, the car gives quite a few jerks in the first and second gear which is quite frustrating and irritating. Its been there for quite some time now.
3 - Rattles have begun to show up which are quite irritating too.

Apart from these 3 flaws, the car is running pretty much the same, with amazing ride quality, handling and there have been no faults so far.
The CD player still doesn't work and since my mom doesn't listen to music that much, we haven't gotten it repaired.
Also, the bumpers need the be replaced and a mysterious scratch has appeared on the car and no one is taking responsibility for it.
The car is also showing its age and the exhaust has to be replaced again along with some other things and in 2007, when the CRDi sonata comes out, we may bid goodbye to this car and get either the sonata or the camry (though i doubt that our driver will be able to look over the wheel of the camry).
Cheers.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2006, 23:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
(though i doubt that our driver will be able to look over the wheel of the camry).
The new Camry has one of the best seat position,you can raise the seat up really high and I found it easier manouvering the Camry coz of it's high visiblity as compared to my accord.You truly feel like the king of the road in the new Camry.
Selling the accord for a sonata would be an insult to it
Old 30th May 2007, 16:44   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
writing this with a very heavy heart.
The car has covered 70Kkm by now and we are going to be selling her off soon.
She's going to be replaced with a new Civic A/T soon.
Old 6th June 2007, 18:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lambo, very old thread this is but I still liked reading it, I know how it feels to sell a car when you have spent so many miles with it ... buy the new civic V .. it comes with leather / side indicators on mirrors & fog lamps.... now i can call a civic fully loaded !!!! cheers
Old 6th June 2007, 22:18   #20
BHPian

Sorry to see that you are changing cars but I guess thats inevitable. I used to have the same model while I was in the US. I'd bought it pre-owned with close to 80000 miles on it. Change of tyres, battery and brake pads was all it needed and it was perfect and good as new. On my return to India, I boucht a 2003 A/T and just love it. The car is so comfortable that I don't think I'll switch to any other vehicle now. Anyway, all the best with the Civic and hope to see your ongoing review of the same in future.
Old 23rd July 2007, 08:53   #21
BHPian

congrats for deciding on civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hey guys,
writing this with a very heavy heart.
The car has covered 70Kkm by now and we are going to be selling her off soon.
She's going to be replaced with a new Civic A/T soon.
dear laborghini,
i think ur car gave the best shot and now that u hav decided for an excellent car civic AT, i thought i must congratulate u on ur decision.looking forward for ur views /reviews on civic as i am also buying in another months time,ciao
Old 29th July 2007, 12:29   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually guys,
some good news.
This car isn't going now. Decided to replace the corolla instead.
So more reviews coming up!
Old 14th April 2009, 22:33   #23
harpreet928

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2009 at 10:33.
  Received Infraction
Old 28th November 2009, 23:31   #24
Team-BHP Support

Hey - I enjoyed reading this thread. I accidently stumbled upon a seemingly immaculate condition feb '03 2.3 L VTi - L (manual) with about 51K on the ODO. I'm extremely tempted to buy this with the intention of keeping it for at least another 50K kms so am hunting through the threads for any gremlins. I'm frankly quite sold on the vehicle.

Lambo: do you still have this accord? any advise or anything in particular i should watch out for? Reading the thread I think I should in particular check out the brake pads and clutch for condition.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Labmo: Its almost 2 years & no updates no your thread.
Do you still have the Accord?
Have you purchased Civic?
How many kms did the Accord clocked till now?
lot more questions.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:49   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ramsagar - Sorry for the late reply. Just saw the thread after almost a year.
The Accord was sold off in May 2008.
It had done around 75Kkm of trouble free driving till we sold it off to a Doctor for around 4.5L.
Also, we didn't buy the Civic. Since my sister got married, and I was out of India for majority of the time, we didn't need an extra car.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:11   #27

Hi Guys
Been following the thread and ultimately bought a 2002 end accord from Kolkata for 3.9 lacs its a Auto,done bout 50 K runs very well ,the average on the highway is round 7.8Km/L with the a/c on and with 120 kmph bursts.Is it ok,the silencer is a bit sooty probably the air filter needs to be changed.i stay in a remote location in a tea estate in North Bengal ,and do most of the maint myself,have ordered the Haynes workshop manual ,how much use will it be of?remains to be seen.Any comments suggestions will be appreciated.
aresq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks