Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Honda Woes

Ok This is too much of a coincidence.
  • Company Car / NHC CVT 2003, 47k km : All fourdoor locks replaced, entire electrical steering control replaced (wash / wipe, Headlight controls, indicator controls). Left front window channel broke. (To be replaced) Expenses incurred around Rs.5500/-
  • Personal Car / NHC GXI 2006, 21 k km: Wash / wipe controls sudenly stop functioning. Might need replacement Expenses I've been told around Rs.1200/-
  • Collegues Car Accord V6 2004: Entire electrical system faliure. Expenses incurred. Rs.45,000/-
Whats with these cars and their electricals,..is it just us or are there more out there. Keep in mind that I have only considered non-scheduled maintainance expenses here. All cars are stock with "no" aftermarket fitments, including ICE.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

This is quite surprising...currently own 6 Hondas and have never had any electrical problems....German cars are more prone to electrical glitches.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:30   #3
BHPian

May be I sould contact the Honda company reps. !!
Relaibility was on top of recall when I got myself a Honda !! Its shattered never the less.
Old 26th November 2007, 18:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

We've got one at hand, nothing is invincible in this world, be it Honda...or Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This is quite surprising...currently own 6 Hondas and have never had any electrical problems....German cars are more prone to electrical glitches.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:03   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
We've got one at hand, nothing is invincible in this world, be it Honda...or Toyota.
...or Tata. No, I am not actually trying to put in a pun. The fact is, as dadu said, any mechanical thing can face problems. Probably also depends on the vendor. And even the big auto marquees can fall to such wayward components. Only difference is that a Toyota (or a Honda) gets a response like "What, a Toyotaaaa?" whereas a Tata always gets the sneer "Tata, eh!"

I think you should get in touch with Honda and present all three cases together so that they can not try those "hota hai... too bad... but you gotta pay for this" trick. Let them understand that this is a one-off case thingy will not work in these cases.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Only difference is that a Toyota (or a Honda) gets a response like "What, a Toyotaaaa?" whereas a Tata always gets the sneer "Tata, eh!"
Very well said!

A power window failure in a Swift is not considered a big deal. People take it with 'oh! its common'! However, if the same thing happens on a new honda/toyota, its considered a big deal. Thats human nature.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:44   #7
BHPian

Quality is considered a big deal on these cars (Honda specially) as you pay as high as a 25% premium for these brands !!

Hoping that their QC would be tighter,..hoping they would ensure their vendors would'nt cut corners,..and give you a more reliable car. Not really true always,..is it !!
And then there is the all too infamous authorised service center who deliver substandard jobs in most cases, especially if you're getting a paint job !! You expect a clean room and no moisture in the paint (Bubbling) when its 12 k you pay to repair a nick.
Old 27th November 2007, 16:43   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Torque-ative

Your personal car (2006 NHC) should be in the warranty period, right? Why would you be asked to pay for a faulty part then?

I am surprised to hear about the complete electrical system replacement in a 3 year old Accord.
Old 27th November 2007, 23:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Torque-ative

I am surprised to hear about the complete electrical system replacement in a 3 year old Accord.
... And I'm surprised to see a bill of jus 45K for entire Electrical System replacement in a Honda!!
Old 28th November 2007, 10:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why expenses on 2006 NHC. I suggest instead of getting fobbed off by the dealer, write directly to Honda via their website, detailing all your problems and alongwith your lament about the quality. I have done that earlier and the response to me was swift (in hours) as well as the retribution to the dealer. I think wash/wipe controls should be under warranty, and a strong letter to Honda should do the trick and save you money.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

3 different model years, 3 different models...so it can not be a problem with a particular batch of cars/components.

I think Honda will also be interested to study these cases.

Any peculiar usage/storage pattern common to the 3 cars that comes to your mind, @Torqu-ative?

No offense meant to anyone, just trying to debug. Any problem, once fixed, looks so easy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks