Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 15:54   #166
BHPian

Ajmat your thread makes me feel scare of my vRS :-)
Anyways have a query. The seat knob of my driver's seat which moves the seat back and front seems to be stuck and thus i'm unable to move the seat. I suspect the knob's mechanism has gone kaput. Can it be repaired outside or should i take it to the service station?
Old 12th August 2010, 16:27   #167
evo
BHPian

Aha, my car had the exact same issue with the door beading though no water seeped in as the car is parked indoors.

Now some vibrations from the engine. Skoda *** says that its not the ignition coil at fault and they need to keep the car for 2 days to check it.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:05   #168
BHPian

Ajmat,

Your knowledge about the car in discussion, is an absolute WOW.

If, you dont' mind, giving me your contact number, on PM, I just might help myself not getting fleeced by the skoda ppl.

Thanks!

Aditya
Old 29th January 2011, 17:33   #169
Team-BHP Support

re: Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review

Am approaching 50000km

Car had a repray at Sai. They did a goos job but some detail finishing could be better. Car got pressure washed without spoiler. Resulted in a burnt boot lock motor and fungus covered seats. (car was damp, I merely collected the car and parked it and went to China for 2 weeks).

Mechnically, the car is going strong, suspension is getting a little soft.

It completed the 50000 service today. This included oil change, all filters, power steering fluid and brake cleaning. Total damage was 13316. They were to change th power steerng pipe (Rs 10k - yikes) but they fixed it with mSeal.

I can't fault Vinayak service for routine items. All they need to do is install more computer consoles. Most delays are due to service advisors waiting to process jobs.
Old 5th February 2011, 13:19   #170
BHPian

Though a little OT, all the previous post in connection with remapping are pretty old, and this thread looks', still alive.

For some time know, have been toying with the idea of getting my vRS , remapped, and have got quotation from two vendors with a big margin in prices between them.

I need guidance & assistance as to which vendor to go for with, above mentioned job.

The details are:-

PETE's:

For Stage 1 you woud need the following

1. Pete's Performance remap - Rs 38500/-
2. Green filter direct replacement - Rs 5250/-
3. Forge Diverter Valve - Rs 10800/-

KS Motorsport:

For the vrs skoda octavia the prices are below
Stage 1: 200bhp , 46,000 inr
Just a remap for the car
Stage 2: 245bhp , 70,000 inr
Just a remap along with filter( cold air intake )
Exhaust is upto u 30,000 inr other than stage1 and stage2
For further queries call us

Thanks in Advance!

Aditya

Mods: Please move to appropriate thread , if not suitable under this one.
Old 5th February 2011, 15:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

sorry but, it looks like the 'maps' are charged per 'line of code' sort of. Why does one map cost more that the other? as a total setup one must cost more than the other. But just the maps!!
Old 26th June 2011, 20:24   #172
Team-BHP Support

50000k. Car started smelling like a sock due to rains. Got the driver door seal and boot seal changed. Cost 5000 for both. Sounds expensive but those seals are pretty heavy duty.

THe shield under the fuel tanked sheared off. Cost me Rs 11000!. I would have ignored it but realised the fuel and brake pipes and fuel pump were exposed. Had to pay an advance and it came. The technician told me it was different so they had to reorder. I went back with the old one and they compared them and found it was the same
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 00:45   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
50000k. Car started smelling like a sock due to rains. Got the driver door seal and boot seal changed. Cost 5000 for both. Sounds expensive but those seals are pretty heavy duty.

THe shield under the fuel tanked sheared off. Cost me Rs 11000!. I would have ignored it but realised the fuel and brake pipes and fuel pump were exposed. Had to pay an advance and it came. The technician told me it was different so they had to reorder. I went back with the old one and they compared them and found it was the same
5000 for door seals, that too only 2/5. Sounds steep. Any idea what would be the price for let's say a civic or a jetta or a 320d?
Old 27th June 2011, 08:21   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
5000 for door seals, that too only 2/5. Sounds steep. Any idea what would be the price for let's say a civic or a jetta or a 320d?
Actually, I must correct myself, it was around Rs 4500
The door was Rs 1400, the boot seal was 2700. I checked with a UK dealer and costs around the same. These are solid, extruded items. I was thinking of bringing them over on another trip but have seen the weight of them, am glad I did not!

Last edited by ajmat : 18th August 2017 at 12:18.
Old 27th June 2011, 09:00   #175
BHPian

Ajmat,

Have you faced any issues with Ignition Coil?

I have been having a lot of mis-firing in the past few of months resulting in 2 visits to ASC. First time they replaced all the sparkplugs and the issue was resolved. The second time it happened, they replaced all the ignition coil armed with some technical instructions for Skoda to replace ignition coils on RS with a specific part no. ignition coil. Touchwood, I am having no issues since then.

The cover protecting the fuel tank on my RS has come off, but 11K is tad too much for it.

Cheers,
Old 27th June 2011, 09:36   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Ajmat,

Have you faced any issues with Ignition Coil?

I have been having a lot of mis-firing in the past few of months resulting in 2 visits to ASC. First time they replaced all the sparkplugs and the issue was resolved. The second time it happened, they replaced all the ignition coil armed with some technical instructions for Skoda to replace ignition coils on RS with a specific part no. ignition coil. Touchwood, I am having no issues since then.

The cover protecting the fuel tank on my RS has come off, but 11K is tad too much for it.

Cheers,
I initially had one fail on me, I decided to order a complete set and replaced them all. since then - touchwood! Key is to ensure you change sparkplugs before you have a problem. The coils are sensitive to misfires and improper handling.

Always carry a spare one with you
Old 27th June 2011, 09:40   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I initially had one fail on me, I decided to order a complete set and replaced them all. since then - touchwood! Key is to ensure you change sparkplugs before you have a problem. The coils are sensitive to misfires and improper handling.

Always carry a spare one with you
That's exactly what I did.

As per the Tech Info, the part no of the ignition coil to be used is: 06A 905 115 D. Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Old 27th June 2011, 11:57   #178
BHPian

Hey, I guess this under body shield dropping is quite common! Had mine come off last week, tried fitting it back at a local garage but they said it had plastic screws and needed fresh holes, told them a No! Took it to my service guy, and he fixed it back with big washers. Lets see how long does it last now. 11k is surely a rip off, but since it protects brake and fuel lines chances cant be taken..
Also I've been facing a problem lately! My rpm doesn't get stabilized, it keeps hovering at regular intervals when the car is not in motion. Showed it to the service guy and he says its normal.. does anyone know why is this happening??
( Did you guys check the shield?? its says Audi on it!! Maybe the reason why it is so expansive.)
Old 27th June 2011, 12:07   #179
Team-BHP Support

Rough idling = either air leaks or dirty MAF sensor

Try this
Old 28th July 2011, 10:29   #180
BHPian

A very strange issue I faced with my car recently. Two weeks back I did a 2000 km trip.Reaching pondy ,on the 3rd day ,while driving at night I noticed the needle for Temperature & Fuel gauges is not lit.

While,the entire instrument cluster was back-lit , RPM/Speedo needles were lit as well,only these two were dead as night. This got me worried a bit, though it was not fouling with the operations of the vehicle in any way.

Reached , Bangalore last week and was planning to take her to Vinayaka for a scan yesterday, but as I was re-checking if the issue has somehow resolved,and to my surprise, it did.

Anybody has understanding on what might have caused this? I am confident,it was not any loose wiring or fouling of the rotary switch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks