Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 17:15   #226
Senior - BHPian

yup, just sent dad. He got it.
thats a relief. Lets just hope they dont lose the mounting bracket
Old 12th October 2009, 12:54   #227
Senior - BHPian

update. the car was given on thursday, and supposed to be delivered today ( 4 days for the schedule)
There are 2 service advisors involved. 1 guy from claims, and 1 guy from regular service.

I called the regular service SA. He said the SA in charge of claim repairs had not released the car till now. Called up the Claims SA. he says that it took some time because they had to take apart the dashboard to fix the stuff, and this took more time than expected, hence the delays he claims he will deliver the car to SA for regular service today. SA #2 is still not convinced, and I'm not either. I asked the regular service guy to call me after he has actually gotten the car. He wants 2 days once he has recieved the car, which means day after tomorrow.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt - that they have actually done something about it.

If the car does not look good, I swear I'll ask the mods to change the thread title to Kulathunkal <expletive> <round objects>, and probably a nice polite chat with the lady who calls from mumbai, and customer support, not that I think this is some sort of threat, or that it will make a difference, but I gotta vent it somewhere, somehow.

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th October 2009 at 13:00.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

2 days and still no word. I wonder if i will get my car back at all, or if they have actually done something in the first place.
Old 14th October 2009, 21:54   #229
Senior - BHPian

managed to get hold of SA #2 on the phone after a while. seems SA#1's folks have dismantled the interiors, and SA#2 himself has gone on sick leave and not returning any calls, so nothing is happening from his side. SA#2 pleads helplessness.
Another day gone to waste
Old 15th October 2009, 14:41   #230
Senior - BHPian

okay. Got fed up and decided to pay them a visit. Got hold of SA#1 , and got to see the car. I'm actually surprised , no, make that stunned to see that my interiors look just like they used to. The SA claims that it was not the regular guy who did the painting, and the dude who did was fired ( apparently they got a few more complaints too). ( I dont like getting people fired, but hey, if they did something about it - well and good)

They couldnt do anything about the power window switches and are waiting to get a replacement for them. He says they were supposed to call today about the availablity, still no update - he said he'd call me later today.

SA#2 meanwhile, is nowhere to be found. I hope I'll be getting my car tomorrow EDIT: just got him on the phone. He says there is nothing left from his end. all is good to go - waiting for the power window switches for SA#1

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th October 2009 at 14:55.
Old 18th October 2009, 08:18   #231
Senior - BHPian

My car must be cursed to remain scratched. Just hours after taking delivery, a friend of mine reversed one corner into a wall and scratched one side of the bumper, wheel arch, and a bit of the body and lost a mudflap. I give up. I think I'll just make do with this for a while. If i have to take this car to a TASC in the next one month, I might as well commit suicide, or get fired, or something. I've wasted enough of my life running behind my car. There is a popular line among linux critics, that Linux is free only if your time is free. I think the same thing applies to tata cars as well. Tata cars are VFM only if your time is free.

OK, now the good news. the interiors are all fine. as good as new, trust me on this, will post pics soon - some of the center console and switches replaced, rest cleaned ( or restored or whatever, but looks good) took a week though, instead of 5 days.

Anyway, I'm satisfied. they did the best they could , and they've done everything I asked them to. didnt screw anything else up ( that I've found out as of yet).

well, except for a funny noise which comes in at near 80ish speeds when the turbo kicks in at 4th, and the car didnt go much faster beyond 120 on a stretch of road where I used to hit 130 easily.

I dont mind. Probably will ask them to look next time.

My rating of them is back to 5 stars. I suppose if they want to, and if you can get them to , things can get done.
Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 15 years & 114k km up-picture-029.jpg
Interesting Observation - Interior wash is now a 'polymer coating wash with wuerth products, and is still cheaper - was 615 before

and the cable they changed got stuck in a day. I'm not gonna break it. going to show it as stuck in the next service, and ask them to find the root cause of it. This thing has plagued me since I bought this car, and I've still not found why.

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th October 2009 at 08:26.
Old 20th October 2009, 21:45   #232
BHPian

[
Quote:
greenhorn;1536950] If I have to take this car to a TASC in the next one month, I might as well commit suicide, or get fired, or something. I've wasted enough of my life running behind my car.

There is a popular line among linux critics, that Linux is free only if your time is free. I think the same thing applies to tata cars as well. Tata cars are VFM only if your time is free.
Hi greenie,You can ignore some small scratches.Please think of what I had to go through with a pre V2 Indica(1999) for ten years.I had to replace driver side power winder 8 times in initial 2 years.When the warranty was over, I solved the issue by making it manual !But I never considered my car a lemon.Tried hard to make it trouble free.But the problem is that people at TASS are capable of inventing troubles in a good car .

I know a local mechanic(ex-TASS) in TVM who could handle almost all issues of Indica..Please PM me if you need his number.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:43   #233
Senior - BHPian

yup, I dont consider my car a lemon either. in fact, I love it. its just that these small issues bother the heck out of me.

Agree with the bit about TASS too.

Thanks for the PM, much appreciated!
Old 25th October 2009, 15:53   #234
Senior - BHPian

got the scratch painted at a shop in the city dad recommended. finish was ghastly. all bubbles and drips. the guy was apologetic and didn't ask for the whole amount. He asked me to come back on monday to polish it

was just checking under the hood when I noticed that the coolant tank was empty. filled it up. no idea how it became so empty.

and there was some acid splashed around the cap of one of the cells. wiped it off. lets see if these things recur
Old 25th October 2009, 16:33   #235
Team-BHP Support

GH, dont bother about the scratches too much. They are somehow bound to occur. You can also think they stop other bigger ones from appearing.

What exactly is the cable you're referring to, which is stuck? Sorry if i missed it earlier.
Old 25th October 2009, 18:53   #236
Senior - BHPian

@ benny the cable linked to the HVAC knob ( the blue->red dial)

I managed to wax two door panels today. lets see if they still look better than the untreated dashboard at the end of the week
Old 25th October 2009, 19:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

So green you managed to restore all that LED work you had done on the back of your car?
Old 25th October 2009, 19:51   #238
Senior - BHPian

nope, lost in the crash. need to redo for the hatch area and the numberplate stuff. Kinda short on time these days. Lets see
Old 14th November 2009, 08:42   #239
Senior - BHPian

just 1500k, and noticed that the car has dramatically less power and noticeably rougher at speeds >80kmph and revs above 2500 rpm. There is absolutely no black smoke, not even a hint of it. I guess that rules out turbo / air supply issues.

Fuel problems ? I hope its just a clogged fuel filter, and not related to the FIP. Things had improved slightly when i started using system D.

And there is some noise coming from the underbody when acellerating/falling into ruts.
Can't believe issues are cropping this early
A service has been booked for monday.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:21   #240
Senior - BHPian

Was experiencing lack of power in My Indica 2 weeks back and took to the Fuel Pump Service station nearby.they cleaned the nozzles and there is a dramatic change in power!check this out as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks