Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 11:41   #241
Senior - BHPian

A further update, after a little while, my idling became strange. it would shoot up to about 1100 rpm without ac, and slightly less than 1000 rpm with the ac on. When I tried switching the AC on and off ( earlier this would result in the rpm switching between 850 and 950 rpm) the rpm just fluctuated, and did not settle at any particular value.

Either way, I gave my car for service today. They claim its a fuel pump issue. would set me back ~7k ( they usually pad their estimates anyway). Since I had extended warranty, the advisor said that he would check if a claim would be authorized under the warranty. I said not to work on the pump without my confirmation.

I know I could probably get this done by a pump mechanic from outside, but I don't know any. Either way, if the extended warranty claim comes through, I won't be set back much.

Is there anything else I need to know
Old 16th November 2009, 18:23   #242
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the advisor said that he would check if a claim would be authorized under the warranty. I said not to work on the pump without my confirmation.
The fuel pump IS covered under the extended warranty.

The fuel pump would be the last thing to be suspected.

As suggested elsewhere, the FICD would be the primary suspect.
Old 16th November 2009, 19:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

the idling is not the main issue.
I will ask them to check on the FICD, but the main issue ( and i made that clear to the advisor more than once) was the loss of pickup and engine roughness above 80kmph/higher rpm's
Old 17th November 2009, 13:41   #244
Senior - BHPian

still no update on the claim. I asked them to check the FICD

They are optimistic that they will get approval.
However, they say that the pump work will take 3 days after approval.

They have to send it to TVS, and then get it back. I guess I'll take it directly to TVS next time, when the warranty has expired.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:05   #245
BHPian

Quote:
still no update on the claim. I asked them to check the FICD

They are optimistic that they will get approval.
However, they say that the pump work will take 3 days after approval.

They have to send it to TVS, and then get it back. I guess I'll take it directly to TVS next time, when the warranty has expired.
During 2005, a diesel leak was detected in the fuel pump of my Uno and TVS Trissur undertook work. I was billed nearly Rs.7000/- for the same, but later on the mileage came down drastically and all sorts of pump related problems began to surface. Only later on, it was known that they outsource fuel pump works elsewhere. And above all everybody knows the standards of TVS. I had been a victim. So I suggest to consider alternatives.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:13   #246
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The warranty would have been honoured even if you have taken it directly, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
And above all everybody knows the standards of TVS. I had been a victim. So I suggest to consider alternatives.
You are mistaken here. The fuel pumps are serviced by TVS LUCAS centres. Irrespective of which service centre you give, they send it to the nearest TVS LUCAS centre for checking / repairing / servicing.

And they do a good job.
Old 18th November 2009, 13:22   #247
Senior - BHPian

Finally they recieved claim approval, and the pump has been sent.

When I asked If I would get the car by saturday. the advisor said " let me see..."

and so the wait begins
Old 18th November 2009, 22:33   #248
Senior - BHPian

Oh Dear, fuel pump issues!

Greenhorn, I hope they did a thorough check with the scanner so that they are sure that its the Fuel pump. Any idea about the cause, bad diesel?
Old 18th November 2009, 22:48   #249
Senior - BHPian

nah, he just simply said that it was an FIP issue off the top of his head when I was describing the symptoms

Yes, I'd been suffering from bad fuel. System D had fixed matters partially, but not quite there.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:24   #250
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... I guess I was remembering Tata taking everything apart and replacing them back again under warranty just like they did with Tanveer's white elephant just to solve RPM fluctuations!

I must say that your TASC is really sharp to diagnose it so quickly!

OT: does your Indica Turbo have an Intercooler? Are all Indica "TDI"s also "TCIC"?
Old 18th November 2009, 23:37   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Hmmm... I guess I was remembering Tata taking everything apart and replacing them back again under warranty just like they did with Tanveer's white elephant just to solve RPM fluctuations!
This time its not so simple. That was when Tata's own warranty was in place. now that it has expired, and extended warranty has kicked in, things are a bit more complex.

Quote:
I must say that your TASC is really sharp to diagnose it so quickly!
Actually this diagnosis was made before i told him I had extended warranty. When I told him, he became a bit hesitant, but said he'd do it anyway.

Quote:
OT: does your Indica Turbo have an Intercooler?
yes it does.
here's a pic from teknophobia's image gallery to give you an idea of what it looks like

Quote:
Are all Indica "TDI"s also "TCIC"?
In tata's parlance, TDI stands for Turbo Diesel Intercooled, unlike for VAG cars where it stands for Turbo Direct Injection
The only indicas which are TDI are the new vista's. They have TCIC engines.
Among the first gen indicas, DLS&DLX turbos , as well as all Dicor models have intercoolers. The DLS turbo doesnt have an intercooler
Old 19th November 2009, 00:07   #252
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, I have never been able to keep track of the engine variations of the Indica/go series.
far as the lights and bumpers and grilles are concerned, I am only slightly better.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:05   #253
Senior - BHPian

i just had a *** moment. There was a rattling noise in the back which dad finally traced back to a Loose Rear glass. Yes, the entire rear glass is coming unstuck...
So much for the quality of work at my TASC....
Old 4th December 2009, 19:09   #254
Senior - BHPian

I have three body panels with the wrong paint. You want to meet up for misery sharing this Sunday?
Old 4th December 2009, 19:11   #255
Senior - BHPian

I'm supposed to be transporting 3 ladies to kovalam & back tomorrow. ow the shame...
Of course we can meet. bring the "stuff" along. I' rich

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks