Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 18:22   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indica DLG turbo 8,000K report (Update : 40,000 report on Pg 20)

Today I had another visit from our old friend the check engine light. In addition, the AC kept dying when idling. After a TD, the mech referred me to a local tvs lucas place to have the TPS setting done ( since I was in a hurry, and their guy was out to lunch). Lets see what happens tomorrow.
Old 8th July 2011, 21:51   #302
BHPian

My indigo CS is due for it's 30K service and I too have an issue with the check engine light coming on. The last time I'd taken it to the ASC they'd just replaced the air filter and sent me back, but it didn't work. In my case the check engine light comes when I race the engine... and then it goes off as the rpm reduces. Like you'd suggested to me earlier, I finally got System-D! Got it from a BP pump near Spar HyperMarket on B'ghatta road after searching in a lot of places. Corcorde Motors on Hosur road was instead offering me something called Bardahl', but I stayed away from it. I put some in during a tankful I did today and plan to make it a practice.
Old 8th July 2011, 22:37   #303
Senior - BHPian

as long as its a TDI, do use it. Your engine will be a lot smoother, but it will become dependent on it. The moment you stop using it, you'll feel the engine is undergoing withdrawal symptoms. the CEL is coming for me the same way you described. Its probably the TP sensor for you too. If it is, try a Lucas TVS place
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Lucas TVS service centre in Bangalore: (courtesy Mahesh Kale of TIUG)

Standard Auto Service, No. 8 Lalbagh road 080-22218376 (please check the number, there's one digit missing)

Enter LalBagh road from the Corporation side. It is One way from Siddhaiah Circle towards Lal Bagh. This Standard Auto shop is between a Yamaha showroom and Urvashi theatre on the right side.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 17:25   #304
BHPian

Hi,

Did you get you CEL issue looked at? Just want to know what the TVS guys do... do they change the sensor or adjust it or change some code or something like that. The TVS shop you mentioned seems to be 'reachable' from my house since I stay on B'ghtta road. I've booked for service this Wednesday. The AC temp setting knob was tight for the past couple of days and yesterday when I forced it in the desired direction I heard a 'BOINGGG' sound and after that the AC remains at the highest setting. Going by your description of the change in engine performance after your 40K service, I think a lot of the roughness of my engine also might be due to timing issues. I feel very very tempted to switch to synthetic oil but I'll wait and see how things go after the service.
Old 14th July 2011, 02:46   #305
Senior - BHPian

1. havent had an opportunity to get it fixed. will update when i do
2. i have the knob problem too. it works for a few days, then gets stuck and breaks. I usually , if i find it getting stuck, just leave it as it is. When you absolutely need to use to heater, I've found the knob suddenly works. Not really sure, but try it out once its fixed. And leave the knob as it is. Once your car goes out of warranty, the remove/refit dashboard labour charge will become paid, but ultimately futile. Lets just say this is one of many faults you will have to learn to live with your car.
3. nah, timing is too extreme a cause for it. My engine has had some significant abuse (driving over potholed and ruts by friends at very high speeds by some friends) that broke a lot of things. Over the normal course of use, I dont think this issue should show up
Old 14th July 2011, 14:47   #306
Senior - BHPian

Finally had an opportunity to visit the temple of the prince of darkness. Was set back by 2k bringing my this year's maintained expenditure to 25k+
Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 15 years & 114k km up-bill.jpg
turns our the TP sensor had gone bust, and needed a new one. I hope i dont need to spend any more :(. but hey, i heard TASC's charge twice as much, so it can't be all that bad...
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 21:21   #307
BHPian

Great... another 2k down the hole for me as well then. Could'nt keep the service appointment for this week, so will be doing it next week. I'm hearing a 'PFFFT, PFFFT' from the shock absorbers every time I go on the pot holed road to the estate. Not good.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:06   #308
Senior - BHPian

mudmover, the TPS does not always have to be replaced. usually a little recalibration is enough. Just in this case it needed to be replaced.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:18   #309
Senior - BHPian

6 month update. Nothing much. I've gradually come to realize the reason why so many people still buy this car in the second hand market. If you just want cheap, basic transportation, you can't beat this car. Even between the i10's, sparks, and even m800's on campus, I get the lowest running cost with the maximum people carrying capacity. Other than the fabric in the door pads peeling off (not sure why). It's been a rather uneventful 6 months. The indicab has been a very reliable no-nonsense transportation for the cash starved student that I've become, with loads of space to accommodate as many other college students to parties and trips. The record is 9(!).

There are a few travelogues, will update soon
Old 23rd February 2012, 02:55   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Great... another 2k down the hole for me as well then. Could'nt keep the service appointment for this week, so will be doing it next week. I'm hearing a 'PFFFT, PFFFT' from the shock absorbers every time I go on the pot holed road to the estate. Not good.
I had a similar issue on my 2006 DLG turbo till couple of days back. When I had taken it to the Prerana TASS in Bangalore, they said the whole suspension unit on the Left Front side had gone kaput and needs replacement. I was not completly satisfied and took the car to my trusted garage, Sejal Motors in Marathalli. They replaced the bearing holders, cost me Rs. 1k and the sound is no longer present. I suggest you check this option before you change the shocks if that is what is suggested.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:20   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
took the car to my trusted garage, Sejal Motors in Marathalli. They replaced the bearing holders, cost me Rs. 1k and the sound is no longer present. I suggest you check this option before you change the shocks if that is what is suggested.
Will do this. Having a trusted garage is worth it's weight in gold nowadays since these days the various TASS extract the equivalent of gold during the 'paid services'.
Old 8th March 2012, 13:23   #312
Senior - BHPian

Service before long road trip to chennai
Issues
Wiper jets not powerful enough
Water leakage in front and rear
Rear right door lock jammed
Funny Fan belt noise
Jerky clutch release
General Suspension issues
wiper blades change

I've been told that they are out of fan belts(!) and it would take 2 days (!!) to get stock, and it would take a while. given how quickly they try to finish, this is kinda suspicious :|
Old 10th March 2012, 23:37   #313
Senior - BHPian

got the car back, 4k for the bill, paid 550 for a tata 24x7 subscription
19.5k for 5 175/65 apollo aceleres.Couldnt source new rims so am running two tyres with tybes. car floats like a dream now

but swerves to the left under hard braking. Any idea why?
Old 10th March 2012, 23:58   #314
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 10 years & 100k km up

Greenhorn, I know its terribly lazy of me not to glean the information by going through your thread, but you could just give us basic information about all replacements and parts failures in your car and any other work done except regular service and accident repairs.

That ways one can, sort of, tell at a glance what has basically gone wrong (if at all) over the usage duration of this vehicle.

Feel free to decline if its too much hard work.
Old 11th March 2012, 00:51   #315
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLG Turbo. EDIT: 10 years & 100k km up

I put up a more detailed post in the tyre upsize thread.

Relevant stuff ?
Pads were changed at the last service
no braking issues till now (except the tyres locking up)
was told there was caliper noise , and that it was fixed this time around
changed my tyres, but front tyres are running on tubes as the rims are damaged. Getting hold of rims might be a problem :(
alignment was done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks