Team-BHP - My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/38261-my-ford-fiesta-1-6-sxi-completes-13-7-years-dies-drowning-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 2007498)
The so-called pollen filter which is inside the cabin - right side of front passenger leg, IMO, need not be changed. Anyways, it can be removed,cleaned & replaced on our own..did this myself when the a.s.s guys have forgotten to fit one of the screws properly and it was giving some noise post the 2nd service...Just pull out the cover and you will know how to get the thing out...since the area is dark, you may need some light to see properly. It is square in shape, just like a regular home window a/c filter but smaller.

Sanjay - pls do a favour and post some DIY pics to access the Pollen filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2008488)
Sanjay - pls do a favour and post some DIY pics to access the Pollen filter.

Yes, that would be very helpful to all of us. Please post them if you get time.

got the input, but as per the techical specs i found that Honda City has pollen filter and fiesta does not, but it seems that even the fiesta has a pollen or are we refering a different unit as Pollen.

I forgot to update on the rear power window that was replaced under warranty. I mostly travel alone so I did not pay enough attention to it. After replacement, it was going up smoothly and not getting stuck midway as before.

But when I was traveling with MileCruncher to a bhpian's wedding reception a couple of weeks ago, MC noticed that the window was rolling up much slower than the other windows.

I discussed this issue with the SA from Mody Ford a couple of days ago, and he said that the newer models wind up slower. I am not sure if this is correct and whether I need to escalate the matter.

Any suggestons, guys??

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 2089885)
I forgot to update on the rear power window that was replaced under warranty. I mostly travel alone so I did not pay enough attention to it. After replacement, it was going up smoothly and not getting stuck midway as before.

I discussed this issue with the SA from Mody Ford a couple of days ago, and he said that the newer models wind up slower. I am not sure if this is correct and whether I need to escalate the matter.

Any suggestons, guys??

@vnabhi

Till date I have not seen any issues with the rear power windows coz I am always in the drivers position.:D

The rear power windows do roll up smoothly enough for me hence gave lesser attention ot the speed with which the window rolls up. The fact that my son sitting at the back plays with too often than neccessary ensures the smoothness of the roll up. I dont think that the newer models have a slow operating motor for the windows. BTW newer models implicates to which year ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2090081)
@vnabhi

Till date I have not seen any issues with the rear power windows coz I am always in the drivers position.:D

The rear power windows do roll up smoothly enough for me hence gave lesser attention ot the speed with which the window rolls up. The fact that my son sitting at the back plays with too often than neccessary ensures the smoothness of the roll up. I dont think that the newer models have a slow operating motor for the windows. BTW newer models implicates to which year ones?

I'm not sure what he meant by 'newer models', but I guess he was referring to replacement kits.

It's been nearly a couple of months since I got the car serviced and wheels rotated and balanced. I did not get a chance to see if there were steering wheel vibrations at speeds over 100 till now.

I had to drop my wife at Taramati Baradari near Golconda Fort today, so I had to hit the ORR to reach office. It was pure bliss on that 6-km stretch upto Gachibowli. Could easily hit 150 kmph for a few mintues, with the tacho hovering a little over 4100 rpm. It was fun to see an Indicab gawking at me when I whizzed past him.

What delighted me was that there was absoutely no vibration on the steering wheel. I am happy that the Ford guys did a good job at balancing and alignment.

I am waiting with bated breath for the return journey in the evening, and 3 more days next week of the same routine. The ORR is a bliss to Hydeez, and is better now than before.

The only gripe with the car is the left rear window not rolling up as fast as the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 2098757)
I am waiting with bated breath for the return journey in the evening, and 3 more days next week of the same routine. The ORR is a bliss to Hydeez, and is better now than before.

I can identify with that, the Duratec snarl (with foot flat on the pedal) is unmatchable & kinda indescribable ;)

Was returning home from dinner day before yesterday at around 10.15 pm - deserted roads which had just been tarmaced so I couldn't resist flooring it from second gear & redlining through third, man what a rush :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 2098792)
I can identify with that, the Duratec snarl (with foot flat on the pedal) is unmatchable & kinda indescribable ;)

Was returning home from dinner day before yesterday at around 10.15 pm - deserted roads which had just been tarmaced so I couldn't resist flooring it from second gear & redlining through third, man what a rush :D

Exactly--that snarl is pure nirvana! The sudden rush one gets when the pedal is floored is absolutely thrilling.

It might be difficult to adjust to another car that does not offer this sort of Josh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 2098823)
Exactly--that snarl is pure nirvana! The sudden rush one gets when the pedal is floored is absolutely thrilling.

It might be difficult to adjust to another car that does not offer this sort of Josh.

Well said vnabhi, I will second that without any doubtagree:. This kind of thrill I have experienced on Mum-Pune expressway quite often. Put the foot on the pedal and the beast simply zooms ahead, pure andrenalin rush. The icing on the cake is the look on the other car driver's face.

Darn, I missed the evening trip because wifey found someone to drop her near my apartment:Frustrati

And I had to rush home to attend to the plumber. As the saying goes 'one can't have the cake and eat it too'!!

Anyways, I am waiting for next Wednesday when the odyssey will begin again.

I started my trip to office last morning , and was waiting at the gate for my wife to join, when I noticed a vertical line on the left upper corner of the windscreen (over and below the Hanuman sticker). When I went out and tried to wipe it off, it was not going at all. I ran my nail on it but could not discern a crack.I did the same from the inside of the car, but no luck. The sunfilm was also looking ok.

A creeping sensation came to me that someone might have run a sharp edged object on it, but could not find out why someone would do that. Moreover, the car was parked in the usual slot at home for the past 4 days, as I'd worked from home on Friday and Monday.

I'd also inspected the car on Sunday, as I normally do, when the cleaner does his work. I'm pretty sure I'd not noticed it. This mystery kept haunting me till the return trip in the evening. Only then did my wife point out that the line was now longer----it was around 6 inches in the morning, but now around 9 inches. A brief stop at the accessory shop near my house revealed that there was indeed a small crack at the top left corner of the glass, about a centimeter below the roof. It looks like a pebble hit. I raked my memory and remembered that I'd heard a distinct sound of a stone hitting the car on the ORR 2 weeks ago, but could not spot any damage. Little did I know that it had left a crack that was tough to spot

With a heavy hear, I decided to get it changed under insurance. Darn, no matter how hard I try, the NCB for insurance seems to be a distant dream. This kind of mishap takes the cake.

I took the car to Mody Ford today and was promised to be returned tomorrow, as the insurance companies are closed today.

Here are a few pics of the 'mysterious' crack:-

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-nov2010-066.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-nov2010-067.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-nov2010-068.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-nov2010-071.jpg

Will keep you posted.

That looks nasty & apparent..how could you have missed that earlier? Or did the change in weather conditions aggravate the damage suddenly?

How much it costs to replace the windscreen? Is the cost covered fully by insurance or you need to share some dough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 2143841)
That looks nasty & apparent..how could you have missed that earlier? Or did the change in weather conditions aggravate the damage suddenly?

Yeah, but the line was only an inch below the Hanuman sticker when I spotted it first. Look how big it is now!

I am not sure how I did not spot the small crack before. Maybe getting old !

There were several hits of small pebbles to the windscreen over the past few years, but never this serious. I am not sure if the rainy weather aggravated it. My pal who owns an Embera had a similar experience a year back, and he was told that he might have left the car in the hot sun with the windows fully rolled up. This was not the case in my car, as it was always parked under shade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 2143841)
How much it costs to replace the windscreen? Is the cost covered fully by insurance or you need to share some dough?

The dealer said it would cost around 9500 in all, if I don't claim insurance. Insurance covers glass 100%, and 50% of the beading and consumables. I'd also have to pay Rs 500 for the claim. So I guess my share should be around 2000 to 3000 rupees.

@vnabi,

Thats really bad. Could not imagine how could a small pebble cause such a grave damage. I need to start closely looking at the glasses in my Fietsa too then, lately have been hearing a lot of unwanted sounds.

BTW do you recollect trailing a dumper carrying construction material/debris lately, coz on a couple of occassions I had trail a dumper and could see a lot of small stones travelling like missiles when the dumper guys is going at break neck speed. Have been avoiding since then going behind such trucks.