Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2005, 11:44   #16
BHPian

oh yeah, my battery also konked in 2 years...thats because of my music system..my old amp used to suck a lot of power..at least thats what that guy told me...got myself an amaron now...very happy.
Old 14th February 2005, 15:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Man! That's depressing...

Every time I make up my mind on the Petra, I see one of these articles which scares me from owning a Fiat. My current car and my last two cars never broke down on me even once. If Palio can break down so many times, will Petra be any better.

The quality of Fiat spares must be really bad. I thought only the Fiat India company and their dealerships were bad. However, if the product quality itself is bad, that creates a major inhibition against purchasing Fiat cars.
Old 14th February 2005, 22:33   #18
BHPian

wow,

not something to look forward too, since i will be getting my new palio d in a few days - (yes there are a few buyers around!!!)

though, i must say, that you seem to have had a spot of bad luck (maybe many spots) - because a few of my friends who own a palio are really very happy - yes exp to maintain - but acc to them, requires no major maintainence!

hope i have good luck
Old 14th February 2005, 23:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey Salil,
and why did ur 44951 oilc change cost u 1768 rs instead of the usual 440rs taht u mentioned.
cheers,
satya
I think in this service all the oils were changed .
Engine, Power steering oil, brake oil, coolant , etc
Old 15th February 2005, 08:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

no i dont think its these oils as he has mentioned it as engine oil.and immedaitely after this service he has changed the gear oil and brake oil.

so salil ,
can u plss explainnnnnnnn
Old 15th February 2005, 12:41   #21
BHPian

hey speedsatya,

will be able to check up on the difference in prices only once i go to the service centre, cos the guys are not capable of handling my queries in person most times, so im sure they wont be able to help me with my questions on the phone. :P
Old 15th February 2005, 13:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salil_kulkarni
hey speedsatya,

will be able to check up on the difference in prices only once i go to the service centre, cos the guys are not capable of handling my queries in person most times, so im sure they wont be able to help me with my questions on the phone. :P

:WTF: means even you did not ask the reason for the difference in price.
and whats the reason behind adding the Motoreco oil additive.

satya
Old 15th February 2005, 14:02   #23
BHPian

the motoreco is an engine treatment given to the car after it crosses 40,000 kms.
I hadnt asked about the oil prices cos the bills normally go to the office directly when the driver collects the car.
Old 15th February 2005, 14:09   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The problem with Fiat is inconsistent quality from batch to batch, and the Palio 1.6 was most affected by this.

GTO
Old 15th February 2005, 14:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well, one thing i can think of is that during a normal service, when they say engine oil change they actually mean engine oil topping. But, during a major service such as the 40K or 45k (depending on the car), they bleed the engine completely off it's oil and replace the whole system with new oil.

Shan2nu
Old 15th February 2005, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have had a Palio 1.2 NV ELX for a little more than a year, but till now, I haven't spent a rupee other than the oil changes, etc that have to be made during service. Looks like you might have got a real bad piece. That shows the inconsistent quality level of Fiat India.
Old 15th February 2005, 15:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Indeed, this is the first case I have heard of GTX giving out problems. Couple of my friends own it and they are very happy with their cars.
Old 16th February 2005, 00:06   #28
BHPian

yes. i enquired with the dealer and he said that the oil is normally topped up at every service, and only at the 1st big service interval(after 40,000 kms), they bleed the engine and refill it with new oil.

bad piece or no bad piece, the bad behaviour of the people at the dealership and the inability to help a customer is completely unjustified. i will soon be emailing the very same report that i have put on here, to the main PR guy at Fiat. Although im not expecting much, i just want to know his point of view on my whole problem.
Old 16th February 2005, 07:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

guys,

what engine oil does Fiat use.is it fully synthetic oil.as 40km is too long an interval for any oil.and from the 1800rs it looks like a fully synthetic oil.
but if you use a fully syntheitc oil,i dont think u need to use Motoreco.

what say ????????
Old 16th February 2005, 18:44   #30
BHPian

Hi guys..I too wanted to post a longterm report on my S10 purchased in Sep03..and as the discussion is on the "experience", let me tell u that it is a mixed bag of feelings. To summarise : Car-excellent Quality-lousy and inconsistent..my running is not much..just 6000k over the last 11/2 yrs which includes a long drive to Sakleshpur(via Mangalore on Mangalore-Bangalore NH48). I had no problems at all the drive was a dream and there can be very few cars as good on the highway. Now I am saying lousy because..during this period, the car has been to the Shaman w/s 9 times i.e once in 2 months(right now it is at the w/s for suspension work at 6000km???). Cost estimated at 3000/-. I had just given my car for regular servicing and brake work etc on Jan 20..bill 4000/-(includes polishing 850/-). But you wont believe when I tell you that I got the car through someone very senior in Fiat which they are aware of but still care a ****...Most of the time the problems that crept up were repetitive which shows that either the technical ability of the w/s personnel is useless or the spare parts quality is bad..so I would say after sales-bad.
I too know many Palio owners(1.6 & 1.2) who are very happy with the car..so its just that the quality is inconsistent. I hear that the new cars are much better and hence Fiat has moved up in the JDPower IQS. They should have put up a new factory at Ranjangaon and closed down Kurla. I also heard that some of the service staff are hand in gloves with the dealers in putting false warranty claims etc. The people too need to be changed. But I think things will improve after the just concluded deal with GM...and hopefully there will be a management change here. So there isnt need to panic as India is key to Fiats longterm strategy.But yes there is a long way to go and the journey will be hard for Fiat. I think those who love Italian cars should continuing patronising Fiat. I think I have written too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks