Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 11:42   #16
BHPian

Easier than driving a Santro?

It is interesting to know that someone pointed out that a lady found it easier driving an indica than a santro. I do not know much about santro. My wife drives an indica and she does not find it any difficult. Yes, initially she tried learning on a non power steering indica and she found it very difficult to handle. . Indica is not really a difficult vehicle to drive. If someone has driven a decent sedan or intends to drive one the definitely indica is not difficult for such a person. High mounted dashboard, invisibility of the bonnets' end, ability to park in 3/4th parking places are the complaints that typically come from a nation that learnt driving on a Maruti 800. In western countries you see many women driving very large cars and SUV. Let me assure you not all those cars are extremely comfortable to drive.
Old 17th July 2008, 09:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

the turbo encourages you to keep the revs above 2k all the time , and i suppose it does decrease mileage a bit.

For one , the indica has a big car feel , both inside and out, and people usually give way to fast white Indicas (maybe its the rash taxi effect) , as I keep finding out

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th July 2008 at 09:53.
Old 17th July 2008, 14:19   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the turbo encourages you to keep the revs above 2k all the time , and i suppose it does decrease mileage a bit.
Overall, the turbo is more fuel-efficient than the N/A Indica.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

I know it is supposed to be more fuel efficient , and yet even i get only 13~14.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:57   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

my dad has been using this Turbo DLG Indica since april 2006 - it has crossed about 18K kms so far.
The car is giving him (in city with AC - 13-14 and on highways also with AC 18-20)
He drives very normally with a lot of care and caution.
No one other than him drives that car except me once in a way when I reverse it or park it for him.
Therefore I think it must be a pretty normal mileage return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I know it is supposed to be more fuel efficient , and yet even i get only 13~14.

Most Viewed