Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 11:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats some amazing mileage. City mileage of 11-12 kmpl is very good for a 1.6 ltr, 100 bhp engine. I've always been a fan of the Palio. Drove a friend's 1.6 long long back (It was called the 1.6 GTX back then) and loved the power, the alloys and the big car feel.

Can we have some pics please? Also a suggestion. If you want the mods to take some action, report the post (red triangle in the bottom left corner of your post) and write your request there.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:41   #17
BHPian

Good to see the 1.6 is also picking up. Today I took a count of Palio that I see while driving to office over a distance little less than 20 KM. Between 7:15 am -7:45 am, I could see as many as 9 Palio on Bangalore outer ring road between Maratha Halli and Nagawara including mine(Not just 1.6 but this includes all versions like MJD/1.1 etc). I felt thats a good number, I seriously would like to see more Palios and Puntos getting on to our roads.

Last edited by varriers : 15th October 2009 at 18:01.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Good to see the 1.6 is also picking up. Today I took a count of Palio that I see while driving to office over a distance little less than 20 KM. Between 7:15 am -7:45 am, I could see as many as 9 Palio on Bangalore outer ring road between Maratha Halli and Nagawara including mine. I felt thats a good number, I seriously would like to see more Palios and Puntos getting on to our roads.
The Palio 1.6 is a pure drivers car. Most of them get sold into good hands and even I hope to see more on the roads. The hottest hatch ever to ride the Indian roads.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:00   #19
BHPian

I own Palio MJD SDX. I always felt that Palio is a drivers car as you have rightly mentioned. But still little sad that it not made an impact as like Swift did. Hold a Swift door, you feel certainly feel that it so much light like a tin sheet, no offence meant to Maruti fans, but I feel a Palio is much better than swift, not because I am FIAT fan, but because I am practical man. Palio Interiors might not be as good as swift, but it gives shear pleasure of driving, ecspecially on highways, I drove my beast 350 Km almost non-stop from Kerala to bangalore with out any struggle. Hope FIAT-TATA JV improves the reputation.

Last edited by varriers : 15th October 2009 at 18:08. Reason: sentence correction
Old 15th October 2009, 18:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Swift is a reasonably good hatch. No doubt about it. Build quality and the solid feel leave much to be desired though. I drive a GTX and vouch for the same. Lets leave it at that. Both the mentioned cars have their fan club following and I don't want you or me to get beaten up.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:55   #21
BHPian

Its 5000km

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Fiat engines are said to improve with age. this is why many believe that the proper run-in for Fiats is around 7000 kms, after which they open up and there's no looking back.
The run in period as mentioned in the owners manual on page 112 is 5000km though my GTX took all of 9800km for the run in. After a well done run in you have to glance at the tacho or touch the gear lever to ascertain as to whether the engine is on when waiting at traffic lights.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:37   #22
BANNED

I think palio always ignited a passion, when it was launched, it was one of kind in its segment. Fiat always bring something new to segments they launch there cars in.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:02   #23
BHPian

The longer my 1.6 Sport's running, the better its getting. The engine's become really smooth and that awesome midrange keeps reminding me why I bought it.
Too bad there's no hot hatch to upgrade to in a couple of years... A Grande Punto sport in the future, maybe?
Old 16th October 2009, 21:45   #24
BHPian

Same predicament here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Too bad there's no hot hatch to upgrade to in a couple of years... A Grande Punto sport in the future, maybe?
You took the words out of mouth. I have been literally begging FIAT big shots to launch the Punto1.6JTD for the past one year but to no avail.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post1236515

I must have spent a huge sum on std calls and sms running into thousands but alas all is just a waste. Finally I have made up my mind to sell the GTX for 1.8lakhs(non negotiable) and buy the Cruze if it gives me the same riding pleasure and the riding on rails feeling that I get in the GTX. No test drive car of the CRUZE in Cochin as yet. I am already apprehensive of the turbo lag in the CRUZE in the lower rpms which is where the GTX excels.

I rarely get the opportunity to cross 4000rpm in the GTX in Cochin which is where the alter ego makes its presence felt.
Old 26th November 2009, 05:59   #25

Pics of my ride

A few pic of my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
2 years and 23K with my Palio Stile 1.6-dsc00116.jpg  

2 years and 23K with my Palio Stile 1.6-dsc00118.jpg  

Old 26th November 2009, 10:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looks really nice and well maintained Nimhan, Congrats!
Old 26th November 2009, 11:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Finally some pictures. Is this still called Formula red? Looks neat.

Don't think the new Palio comes with the side badges?
Old 26th November 2009, 11:28   #28
BHPian

How I miss this beast ! The 1.6 brings a lot of emotions whenever I think of it or see one !

Enjoy your ride..its a rocket !!!
Old 26th November 2009, 11:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

That Red beauty looks marverllous. That gloss makes my orange look like a lemon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

The Stile 1.6 is a 'stealth' no badging, no spoiler, nothing to tell the unsuspecting guys on the road that it is not a 1.1. Most people who do not know the Fiat line-up are surprised to see it GO. Truly all go no show.

Cheers,
Old 26th November 2009, 11:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Yeah this color is called the Formula Red which is only available for Palio Stile 1.6 Sports.

Recent guyz who have booked the 1.6 have been told that this color has been discontinued and may be the Punto Red is applicable now!

Yes, in Palio Stile 1.6, the side badges are not provided but I've managed to put one on mine to give full justice to the beast

Cheers~
Attached Thumbnails
2 years and 23K with my Palio Stile 1.6-p1000835_11.jpg  

2 years and 23K with my Palio Stile 1.6-p1010025_11.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks