Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 10:44   #16
BANNED

No sir, please don't get me wrong.

The difference with and without A/C is more pronounced in the 1.2 compared to the 1.4. With a standard upshift rpm of 2500 rpm in both. If your A/C is almost always on, then it is likely you have not felt the difference as you have stated. Plus, you take it high enough (I'm assuming 3000 rpm+) in each gear - the difference is not felt that much.

Do you drive both the cars regularly and alternately? Can you please share your experiences when you switch from one to the other?
Old 13th August 2008, 11:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> trrk - remember our drive in a Xeta 1.2 in Bangalore with and without the
> A/C?

Yes. But as Neel has pointed out, driving style would be dissimilar and so perceptions would differ.

I normally try an dshift just below 2000RPM in my Marina TDi and that effectively rules out the use of the turbo for acceleration. It is totally different when you take the RPM higher.

The drive in the 1.2 at Bangalore was a revelation to the owner as to the possibilities of his 1.2 engine!

@Neel - if somebody asks me about the difference in acceleartion between AC and non AC modes, I would not know. The AC is permanently own be it the plains or hills, day or night, summer or winter (we don't have that much here!).
Old 13th August 2008, 18:10   #18
BHPian

I personally use the 1.2, while the 1.4 is used by my family members. It's not that I never drive this 1.4, I drive the 1.4 in long drive or Sunday family outings.

Hrag is right, since I rev-up all the time I don't realize the difference. There must be some, but I never tested it accurately. I upshift at 4200 rpm. Sometimes little less, sometimes at a little more. I don't really care as AC is on all the time and I can not compromise the AC even if I loose some power. All I do is enjoy my drive ! Cheers.

~Neel~
Old 14th August 2008, 15:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
Are you sure? As far as I know, it's the bumper that has been changed not the bonnet.

Neat Review![\quote]

I am 100% sure. At first I saw it with my eye estimation, then confirmed it with measuring tape and double checked it with the manual and their websites !
Can you provide the link to the web site?
Is the 1.2 bonnet longer or wider than 1.4's?

Last edited by directinjection : 14th August 2008 at 15:06.
Old 14th August 2008, 16:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I am 100% sure. At first I saw it with my eye estimation, then confirmed it with measuring tape and double checked it with the manual and their websites !
3.5 inches is a lot - this would have involved major tooling changes - can you post the details of website or if possible - pictures of both cars (front and profile shots?)
Old 14th August 2008, 16:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is in my openion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Can you provide the link to the web site?
Is the 1.2 bonnet longer or wider than 1.4's?
Old 14th August 2008, 21:09   #22
BHPian

Here is the link for the 1.2 specs :

Indica V2 Xeta - Specifications

Guys, TATA does not provide the dimensions of the 1.4 in their website. I will try to scan the manual of the 1.4 and post it. And any of you guys having 1.4 indica can check with your manuals.
Old 15th August 2008, 00:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link for the 1.2 specs :

Indica V2 Xeta - Specifications

Guys, TATA does not provide the dimensions of the 1.4 in their website. I will try to scan the manual of the 1.4 and post it. And any of you guys having 1.4 indica can check with your manuals.
Neel,
I checked the website and as far as i can tell, the dimensions are the same as my 2004 Indica DLS and my 2006 Indica DLG Turbo.
There have been instances of manufacturers struggling at times to reduce 10-15 mm to meet the sub-4m excise guideline in India (what I'm trying to say is that it is not easy to change dimensions).
IMO, a 3.5 inch difference would definitely involve major tooling changes and would be quite visible to the naked eye. 3.5mm is quite possible with just bumper design changes but 3,5 inches of bonnet change - I have my doubts. Please put a scan copy of the 1.4 brochure to corroborate your original post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks