Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
sudipto da,

here is the simple rule:

if you have clicked a pic of a car without taking permission of the owner - you should hide / mask the registration number for security, privacy, etc.

as in these cases (santro pics - 1 & 2), the registration numbers were masked when the pics were uploaded.

if you see my gallery/garage pics you will see that i have not masked the registration numbers. but there is one guy @ O_rkut who has been stealing pics of my Palio GTX from my album and uploading them back in his album - even after repeated warnings, he has not deleted them...
OT: Tere Palio GTX par logon ki buri nazar par rahi hai dost !!! Bach kar reh !!
Old 19th August 2008, 17:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
OT: Tere Palio GTX par logon ki buri nazar par rahi hai dost !!! Bach kar reh !!
obviously

my GTX has a leaky exhaust now. the pipes and the mufflers needs to be replaced.

guys lets stick to the topic now. period!
Old 19th August 2008, 17:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

It no doubt shining and well manitained car. Even I felt the same when I parted my way with WagonR but we have to move on right... Do update on your next buy. Hope it will be a Diesel Sedan.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:31   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hope it will be a Diesel Sedan.
You really think so? Even after reading all the preceding posts?
I seem to have a different idea. I suspect its a rapidly spreading flu on this board thats catching him up as well.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
....I suspect its a rapidly spreading flu on this board thats catching him up as well.
Wonder what flu is that? There seem to be various versions/mutants of the flu this season

Any guesses here folks?
Old 19th August 2008, 22:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

You should be proud that someone's stealing your pics. No? Anyway, this is now really going OT.

By the way Razor I fully understand and appreciate your sentiment for your first new car. When I sold my first new car - a Zen - I turned around after taking one final last look at her and broke down after turning the corner (I had gone to the buyer to deliver the car). My daughter (who was two and a half then) still misses the Zen and has still not pardoned me for selling it off. I tried to bluff her saying the same Zen got larger after a trip to the garage etc. She never believed it.
I still miss the Zen. I just wish it had a larger boot and a slightly higher ground clearance. I would never have sold it.
The language of my classified read "for sale only to people who understand cars and not for sale to spoilt brats of rich parents." It got a huge response.
Old 19th August 2008, 22:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
You should be proud that someone's stealing your pics. No? Anyway, this is now really going OT.

By the way Razor I fully understand and appreciate your sentiment for your first new car. When I sold my first new car - a Zen - I turned around after taking one final last look at her and broke down after turning the corner
Selling the first car is always emotional. I can see all of this with Razor too. But as someone metioned, one has to move on. Keep going. All the best with your new ride and await for the new story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Just a curiosity question - why do people delete/wipe out their registration number on the car images while posting? Is there some security angle to it ? I hope this is not seriously OT.
Check out thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ac-images.html
Old 20th August 2008, 18:16   #23
BHPian

I just sold my 2003 White Santro Xing XG (done 32,500km). The car changed my perception of Hyundai a.s.s (especially after horrible experiences with Maruti & Fiat with my earlier cars). Impressed with Hyundai, I bought a Getz 1.3 in 2004 and now replaced the Santro with an i10 Kappa.

Santro Xing is not a car that one should take seriously, but after the five years with it, i too felt miserable while it was driven away. That's because of the way it went about doing its business - a city run-about, one that can be driven by all members of the family (those with valid license though!!).

Periodic maintenance was all i've done and every time i went to fetch my car from HMP, after service, it felt like a brand new car. That speaks about the level of involvment at HMP service.

Good resale value is just an added bonus. But even without the economics of low cost ownership, the Santro's value is the peace of mind factor.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

@naveenmani: yup, completely agree. Peace of mind is one of the USPs of the Santro.
Just curious, how much did you let go of your Xing for (if you don't mind me asking)?
Old 21st August 2008, 11:14   #25
BHPian

Hi Abhishek, one can make out by looking at your car, how deeply you have been involved with that.
I wish you congratulations in advance for your new ride and good luck.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:19   #26
BHPian

I am also a happy customer of SANTRO. I had a March 2003 Zipdrive GS model (not Xing,but the previous version).
Drove if for 5 & half years, one lakh+ kms. Not even one break down.
It's on its 3rd set of tyres, 2nd battery, original clutch & believe it or not just 2 punctures in 5 years, that too after travelling all over south india, maharashtra, goa, orissa.
But alas, I honestly could'nt afford Petrol at RS.60/-
Hence sold it to my brother-in-law for Rs.2.30 lakhs & bought a Maruti Swift VDI few weeks back. I am already sure that swift wont match Santro in build Quality
Old 6th November 2008, 12:50   #27

Hey Razor! can u tell me where u got your K&N filter from? and how much did the pipe cost you? Also can u let me know the total installation charges excluding the filter cost?

Thanks a lot!
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

@vikram: Sorry for the late reply - just came across your post.
I got the K&N filter from Viper in Mumbai. I don't remember the exact amount, but the filter and pipe together cost me close to 5000 bucks. Installation cost a couple of hundred bucks at a local workshop.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:51   #29
BHPian

razor4077, this is purely but I noticed the Virgina Tech sticker on your car. Were you part of VT anytime?

Thanks
f1fan
Old 24th December 2008, 22:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

i can see how well maintained the car was... kudos.
i have a santro XS in my native. i agree with the gearshift, its buttery smooth. the santro is one of the best cars sold in india, its very fun to drive. i like it more than the older zen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks