Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2005, 01:24   #16
BHPian

congrats dude gr8 buy ll the best drive safe
Old 24th May 2005, 14:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Anything can be done on positioning of the number plate on the front side alligning to center? Getting it to a corner looks awkward
Old 24th May 2005, 17:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Surprise

It should be possible to do. But i guess the reason why its a bit offset is to allow more air into the engine bay to allow for better cooling and engine performance. Its the same reason why the new Scorpios have their number plates lower, even though that means they look a bit akward heads-up.

My suggestion is to stick to its original position. Ask a Maruti technician before you do anything of this sort.

Revv

P.S. Lambo-Pics should be up soon.
Old 24th May 2005, 17:42   #19
bhp
BHPian

congratulationss on ur new purchase dude
Old 1st June 2005, 10:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Update: Long drive

My car crossed the 2000km mark this weekend (currently at 2100+) and I shall give you the lowdown on its status so far.

Since the car has been purchased, the music system has been fitted in (check post 1 in the thread). Also fitted tints (ward off atleast 60% of the heat) as well as art leather (tan brown). Other fitments shall be done in due course of time, depending on requirements.

The Story so far : The car has started to grow on me. Previously, i wasn't much of a Wagon-R lover, but slowly its virtues have come to dawn upon me. The car is a bit coarse once you head towards the 3k rpm mark and isn't as silky as it is lowdown. The engine at idle is quite silent, so silent that i sometimes just crank the ignition a few times to make sure that the engine is actually on!

The car audio system does well in the low and mid-range, it holds up well upto 85% volume after which it distorts a bit. Clarity is good, but could be slightly better. For a non-amplified, non-woofered system, its good, but the need to fit the two is growing by the day.

There is a slight creaky noise emitted by the rear seat. Should get fixed once the car heads in for its next scheduled service. The driver's power window console has a slight crack as well... not expected at such early a stage.

On the road : This weekend I made a trip with family to Pune via the expressway. A lot of virtues of the car were highlighted. There is a good amount of torque to play with in the lower and mid-range. While i maintained a 3k rpm mark to cruise around, i did cross the limit to reach 3.5ks, albeit briefly. By then the car was doin a comfy 110kmph. At this speed though the car does pass through a bit of turbulence and wind-roar does enter the car through the windshield.

The car though is rock-stable. Hard to believe but true. It sticks to its line and doesn't take the ridges unlike the Zen which is notorious in this regard. The steering doesn't become wavily light either. The car brakes with much drama or fuss and has one heck of a short braking distance. But wheels can lock if the braking is not gradual. Its early days though, and shall comment on it once the car reaches the 5000kms mark.

Overall it seems like a fine small car. Extremely hassle-free while driving and quite a delight around town where its torque ability, its small turning radius and well-weighted steering make light work of heavy traffic. And its a great highway cruiser as well considering its above average ride quality and stability.

Next update at 5000 kms.

Keep Revvin
Revvmaster

Last edited by Revvmaster : 1st June 2005 at 10:28.
Old 1st June 2005, 12:28   #21
BANNED

Nice report Revv.. nice to know she drives well though brakes would have been better if ABS was taken.. What tyres is the car on and does it have allos some pics will be good..
Old 1st June 2005, 19:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Nice report Revv.. nice to know she drives well though brakes would have been better if ABS was taken.. What tyres is the car on and does it have allos some pics will be good..
Hey Montoya

The brakes issue i guess is more of the car brake pads running in than anything else. It does perform well at most times, with this issue coming up only on a few occassions.

The tyres are JK Tornados. Stock. They hold up quite well, unlike previous generation JKs. The Alloys haven't been fitted yet, shall look into them a little later.

Revv
Old 1st June 2005, 20:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
It sticks to its line and doesn't take the ridges unlike the Zen which is notorious in this regard.
Are you referring to the tendency for the steering to pull to one side when going over a rutted road? (hope I used the right term) . I’ve seen cars with low profile tires do this, but wasn’t aware that stock Zen’s had this problem. Wonder if this problem was cured after the Zen went to 12 inchers.
Old 16th October 2005, 19:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Revvmaster, we are still waiting eagerly for the pics of your "pimped up" wagonR... hoping to see em soon...
Old 17th October 2005, 02:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

yeah would like to see how is differs. Mine is the original VX and Its so different. I enjoy the tachometer though.
Old 17th October 2005, 13:44   #26
BHPian

Advice on accessories

I have a wine red wagonr vxi and i would like to fit it with rear wiper, fog lamps and a rear spoiler. Any idea about the costs involved?
I checked with RNS motors bangalore and they said fog lamps are not available for wagonr as MGA.

Conan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks