Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 11:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
A regular paid service (OIL change etc) ranges b/w 800 & 1200.
That's cheap!! I guess it's only when you have to replace anything that the costs go up, am I right?
Old 13th April 2009, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Yeah thats correct. But IIRC, was reading some parts survey conducted by autocar, the accord had the most reasonable parts. The sonatas were the cheapest. Having said that, honda does charge you STUPIDLY large sums of money for some insignificant things. The cup holder in the rear armrest of my car stopped closing... 4k. The O.E. body kit 1 odd lakh. etc
The services are so reasonable for these cars partially because they dont drink synthetic oil. If one were to switch to fully synthetic oil the costs will go up a bit.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have not had the chance to drive the new one yet, so i wouldn't know. A regular paid service (OIL change etc) ranges b/w 800 & 1200.
Brake pads wear out fast in any automatic car if you keep your foot on them at a signal or when you're stopped for long when its in 'D'. 20k kms up and no issues so far. Another 325i in the family had its brake pads chewed through in 3500 kms as the driver used to keep riding the brakes at signals.
Will have to take more, 'm quite a klutz with the camera :P
I agree and can completely relate to that since I drive an OHC Automatic. But I heard specificaly about the V6 brake pads. But I see the BMW takes the cake
Old 13th April 2009, 14:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Ash. Lovely car to keep, hard to sell. How long are you planning to keep this one ?
Old 13th April 2009, 17:19   #20
BHPian

@ dippy
Is that so? Then i guess all i can say is so far so good I'l keep the thread updated on that front. BTW nicely kept OHC, its one of my all time favs. Just sold my sapphire silver one a few months ago

@ esteem lover
With present resale value, i would say a LONG time. Its worth peanuts compared to its original sticker :(
Old 13th April 2009, 18:01   #21
BHPian

nice review. the power of a v6 under one's foot is definitely a nice feeling to have.
Old 14th April 2009, 10:53   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Concise yet detailed review. Nice read on a fabulous sedan, Ash Vtec. Considering that she is a V6, I don't mind the low FE. In fact, the low FE makes for some killer V6 deals in the used marketplace. I can't think of too many better buys than a pre-worshipped Accord V6 for 8 lakhs.

1. Your driving style seems to beg for better rubber, how about an upgrade to sticky Michelin PP2's?

2. The high speed brake shudder is, in all probability, due to worn out pads / uneven brake disc. Get the former replaced and the latter skimmed.

3. What is your opinion of the auto's response time? Are you happy with the shift quality and speed?

The low cost of scheduled maintenance visits can send a Swift owner off the cliff Thanks for sharing the review with us.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2009, 12:47   #23
BHPian

@ GTO
Yeah i concur with what you say on both counts, tyre changed planned the next time she's off for service (225/55/16 keeps the external diametre the same), & I imperatively must get the brakes checked, and will keep the thread updated on what happens. Googled the problem and found a very general link which i posted sometime earlier, but better to be safe than sorry.
The Autobox's response time is best left as adequate for most situations, highway included. However when one is in a frame of mind to contribute to Bridgestones revenue, the upshift is a tad slow, and most times about 100 rpm shy of peak power. But for the Indian highway scene the quick kickdown coupled with a strong mid range is pretty effective. A DSG on this would have been wicked !
LOL, they send me off the cliff when compared to the fabia
Old 14th April 2009, 16:20   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I imperatively must get the brakes checked
Be warned that driving on worn brake pads will damage your discs. Best to get them checked ASAP (as in today or tommorow).

Quote:
The Autobox's response time is best left as adequate for most situations, highway included.
Quote:
But for the Indian highway scene the quick kickdown coupled with a strong mid range is pretty effective.
Exactly what I felt too.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:11   #25
BHPian

Sent the car for a small check up with regard to the brake judder, it's due to the fact that under high speed braking, the discs heat up quickly and not always evenly. This never hampered the brakes performance in anyway, but felt a little weird. Confirmed the same with another 530d owner and took the car for a fast spin to see if it was a universal phenomenon or just honda's quality sliding...it does exist but not to such a large extent.

The V6 is finally getting some new shoes next week. Will get back with more on that.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:43   #26
BHPian

Is there any way to edit the thread title to "20,000 km and counting" ? Thanks.

Note from Mod : Hi, please use the REPORT POST button instead of posting moderation requests on the forum. For details, please see How to Report a Post. Thank you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th May 2009 at 03:25. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 17th May 2009, 16:27   #27
BHPian

Have ordered a Blitzsafe I pod interface. Works like any other i pod interface as 'm sure you guys know. But this is a universal device that works on all honda models from 2003 including the present civic cr-v & accord. Not sure about the '09 accord though.
More here >>> Blitzsafe - HON / M-LINK1 V.2X
Old 17th May 2009, 20:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sent the car for a small check up with regard to the brake judder, it's due to the fact that under high speed braking, the discs heat up quickly and not always evenly. This never hampered the brakes performance in anyway, but felt a little weird. Confirmed the same with another 530d owner and took the car for a fast spin to see if it was a universal phenomenon or just honda's quality sliding...it does exist but not to such a large extent.

The V6 is finally getting some new shoes next week. Will get back with more on that.
Its the brake disc, if under warranty arm twist and get it replaced. If not skim, problem will go. Had the same issue in Crv when it reached 50-55k kms, at 60 disc was replaced and now back to normal. There is nothing like uneven heating of disc, its a iron disc and a good conductor of heat
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2009, 20:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Actually, there is uneven heating of brake disc.

See, it happens when you brake hard and long to stop the car and don't take your foot off the pedal once stationary. The pads remain in contact with a nearly burning disc and wallah - uneven heating, warping, scoring - recipe for some major damage to the disc and the pads.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 15:38   #30
BHPian

UPDATE new shoes

225/55/16 Michelin Primacy LC's put on. Very very silent tyres. Ride is transformed for the better. Not taken her upto Vmax yet. But definitely more planted and confidence inspiring at 150 kph.

Oh, and the brake discs were fine. Had them checked. The pads were chewed up thanks to the driver riding the brake in D. Damage 6,000/- for the front set.

@GTO....thankfully got them checked immediately....ignoring them would have resulted in damaging the discs as you said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks