Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 17:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

a fast common-rail diesel car and high mileage. Love the combo, Arun.
Btw, can we have a breakup of the service costs that total to 3.5k here?OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ahem ahem.....how does 160k kms in 4 years in a Petrol VTEC sound??
we're not talking about call centre cab drivers here.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:45   #17
BHPian

Thanks friends. Another point I quite feel sometime is the excessive tyre noise. The headlamps are quite pedestrian too.Also had one dent experience, turned out to be a minor one so didnt bother the insurance. And yes, the service cost is 3 TO 3.5 k on an average. Can some one recommend better tyre upgrade?
Old 30th September 2008, 21:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ahem ahem.....how does 160k kms in 4 years in a Petrol VTEC sound??
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Tyrewala bhai,

That sounds like old numbers! It is 180k now na?

and that sounds like cash burning on a daily basis!!
Oh then I am loosing in comparison just 63K Kms in 2 years in 1.6 ikon

Back to the thread guys.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
Can some one recommend better tyre upgrade?
Go for either Michelin PP2 (Pilot Preceda 2) or Yokohama S-Drive. I would recommend upsize to 205/60/R15 or 205/50/R15 but 50 profile should not hamper the ride quality.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

I had 205/55/15 S. Drives on my Magnum. Wonderful!!
Old 1st October 2008, 17:19   #21
BHPian

ugh!!

WOW!! Thatz some quick spin Arun!!! A big salute to you for driving such a big car in city/town for atleast 70kms a day!!!

I too have covered the same distance in one year, but then mine is a swift which is much more easier to manoeuvre thru the congested city/town roads!!!! And thatz the only reason which prompted me to stay away from big cars!!!!!!!!

Let us know how easy is it to use in congested city/town roads like ours where vehicle density is more!
How is your experience of Periodical Services as we have only one dealer service centre in city!! How bout the cost of spares of frequently replaced parts??!

Anyways... gotta meet you someday soon!! Do come for the meets happening every now and then!!! PM 'SpeedZak' / 'A S H V I N' for intimation of meets!!
Old 1st October 2008, 21:32   #22
BHPian

Thanks Nikki, the car is not very difficult to manage in the city, but ofcourse the size matters in narrow roads. The extra power at disposal makes it easy to overtake at the first given chance. I make it a point not to switch lanes frequently and that helps!
The dealer support in *** is good till now, mainly because I am a returning customer of GM I think! The costliest service I had till now made me poorer by 3.6 K, that might give you an idea about the parts cost. Looking forward to the next meet!
Old 1st October 2008, 21:41   #23
BHPian

Have heard from many about the alignment issues with optras. Have you faced any such problems. ? And what is the tyre life ?
Old 1st October 2008, 21:45   #24
BHPian

Tyres are doing okay now and looks good for another 10 to 15 k atleast. What kind of alignment issues did you mean? I do get slight steering vibrations above 110 at times. It surprisingly wasnt there when I did all wheel balancing and alignment outside the ***
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:14   #25
BHPian

Vibrations above certain speed means time to get balancing and alignment done. however once you do it there should not be any problem for atleast 10k km
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunk View Post
Thanks Nikki, the car is not very difficult to manage in the city, but ofcourse the size matters in narrow roads. The extra power at disposal makes it easy to overtake at the first given chance. I make it a point not to switch lanes frequently and that helps!
The dealer support in *** is good till now, mainly because I am a returning customer of GM I think! The costliest service I had till now made me poorer by 3.6 K, that might give you an idea about the parts cost. Looking forward to the next meet!
well... I guess you are an expert city driver!
That highest paid service charge you mentioned is definitely an eyeopener! I had a Corsa till 2 years back and once they killed me with a 21k bill!!!!! Do you have thier free service coupons till 45k??! I had those for Corsa, but those no way was helping me with the bills!!!

PM your number to anyone of us for sure intimation of meets. Seeya soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks