Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 11:21   #1

Maruti SX4 - 1 Year / 8,200 Kms Review

Just finished 1 year with the SX4. Done a mileage of only 8,200 in the year - not as much as I would have liked, but have been travelling out of town quite a bit in the last 1 year. When I bought the car, in Sept 2009, ABS was an important consideration for me and when I compared with Honda City at that time, they did not offer it on any model. Having lived with the car for the last year, I can say that the car is quite well put together, though some of the plastics & rubber of the interior, like the cladding on the A frame pillar, the area of the power window switches and the rubber beading on the windows could have had better fit & finish for such an expensive car.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the mileage, which has been consistently above 11.5 KMPL in city driving. I have made many trips to Mumbai on the Pune - Mumbai expressway and I am really impressed with its high speed stability and the handling on the ghats despite the high stance of the car. The suspensions are really great and I have gone through many bad roads without any problems.

I tried checking the top speed on the Expressway and managed to touch 172 KMPH !!! The car was fantastically stable even at that speed. The power delivery of the car is quite smooth and I have never had a problem of power even on the Mumbai - Pune stretch, which has quite a steep climb in certain sections.

I have always serviced the car from Sai Service on JM Road in Pune and have been happy with the service except for the 3rd service where they did not do a good job in washing the car and cleaning the interiors. However, they took cars of all my issues the very next day - so no complaints.

All in all, I am a very satisfied owner (although I did have initial hesitations regarding quality of the car).
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti SX4 - 1 Year / 8,200 Kms Review-my-sx4_1.jpg  

Old 6th October 2008, 09:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sumitmira, you are getting a good gas mileage on your car. Pune is a pretty congested town. I agree with you that Maruti could have used better quality beadings and rubber parts. However ,it is a good VFM car with good road holding and it really excells on the highways.
Old 8th October 2008, 13:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmitra View Post
I tried checking the top speed on the Expressway and managed to touch 172 KMPH !!! The car was fantastically stable even at that speed. The power delivery of the car is quite smooth and I have never had a problem of power even on the Mumbai - Pune stretch, which has quite a steep climb in certain sections.
Wow. That's quite a speed. I've clocked a max. of 165 [Enough to put you behind bars in the US, I presume] on the odo - and I didn't have road left for more josh, although I think the car had much more than that in it.

What is the max. speed reported on an SX4 yet?
Old 8th October 2008, 13:33   #4
BHPian

Good to know that you are happy with the car and I do agree that they could have used better quality plastic and rubber beading, but I guess they did cut corners to keep the price competitive.

Btw, sort of mileage do you get on highways?
Old 8th October 2008, 13:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

That is a good mileage that you are getting!

Good to know that you stuck on to your safety requirements and made the right choice.

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmitra View Post
Just finished 1 year with the SX4. ... When I bought the car, in Sept 2009...
Welcome back from the future. So how are things over there?
Old 8th October 2008, 22:24   #6
BHPian

don't want to sound rude ,but following are the querries
1. you purchased the car in september 2009?
2. ghats on mumbai-pune expres way? where?one that would test the car's ability i mean...
3. 172kms/hr; sounds cool but false.(the 172 insistance than say 170 or 160...what luck it's not 153.50

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks