Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 11:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

I hope the owner has not 'filed' for divorce with his car by now
Old 10th October 2006, 19:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks MaserQ for digging out a year and half old post to entertain me with Jaggu's excellent write up. When I saw the initial date of the thread, I thought of moving up (also on seeing such a big post), but the first line I read kept me carrying till the last.

Superb write up. Enjoyed it a lot
Old 10th October 2006, 23:10   #33
BHPian

one more to the list..
LOVE IT...
have been carrying my love affair with my 1.3 myself for the past 1 and a haf yrs...just simply bootilicious...
Old 11th October 2006, 00:36   #34
BHPian

Loved the writeup!

I also have such fond memories of our Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI.
Ours was one of the first ikons to be sold (from the first batch). We got it in Nov 1999. After that, it was a smooth journey. The car just kept going without any problems whatsoever.

The regular servicing was done at Talera Ford Pune or Talera Ford Kolhapur (as we visit Kolhapur quite frequently). The service bill would be in the range of 1.5 to 2k. In cotrast to many posts here regarding bad service of Ford, I found it pretty good.

Never did we face any problems with the car, even on long tours. We took her to Ooty, Madurai, Coorg, Bangalore, Mysore (all different trips!) and many weekends trip to Mahabaleshwar.

There was only one major repair, the silencer broke once while in Pune. It didnt broke down completely but was cracked. So the car would sound worse than a diesel. After replacing it, all was back to normal.

One strange incidents is that I could never forget is: once we went out on a holiday abroad, the car was stationary for almost a month, when we came back and started the car, there were terrible vibrations from the engines, immediately we called mechanic and the fault was traced to the ECU control cables that control the engine. The cable controlling one of the cylinders was half eaten by MICE. So the car was running actually on 3 cylinders. The mechanic did some on the spot welding(or soldering!), and the cars was back to normal! Afterwards thoruogh check up at Talera proved that nothing else was damaged. I guess 'this happens only in India'!

Other wise the car has run faultless since beginning. No squeaks, no rattles nothng! Sadly we decided to sell the car after 6 and a half years as there were some signs of rust showing up at one or two places. So after six and a half yrs and 77k kms later, we sold her off. (and bought a new Civic...but anyways!)

I have thouroughly enjoyed each and every journey that I did in my Ikon. Yes...its a gas guzzler...but satisfies you immensely for every drop of fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks