Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2005, 15:23   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
My March 2003 Tata Indica V2 LSi - now done 42300 km, the incident happened over the Good Friday weekend in March 2005. The car had clocked 34000 km then.
I guess that did it. Many guys don't like it when a smaller car beats them, they have to show who is the boss. If a porche had beat him, he would have turned to his wife and said "Wow! look at the that Porche, how it can go...". But when an Indica does it, he will go
Old 4th August 2005, 15:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I guess that did it. Many guys don't like it when a smaller car beats them, they have to show who is the boss. If a porche had beat him, he would have turned to his wife and said "Wow! look at the that Porche, how it can go...". But when an Indica does it, he will go
tell me about it - i have this general feeling that my palio d can race any car in the a/b and c segment - so when 1 of them overtakes me - this is only when i'm cross country - i really have to stifle the urge to do something rash...vanity coupled with ego - it's the most interesting of all evils
Old 5th August 2005, 10:50   #48
BHPian

true

yeah, u see thos stupid things all the time.

I bought the pulsar 180, the very vehicle that came to chennai. After that my life on the roads became hell. the RX100 guys will chase me all the time.
when i bought the GTX, half the time, i was praying that nobody hits me. The Old Honda City guys will just cut in and torment me.
The old honda city guys , i think have an atitude problem and will not let any body pass them, leave alone a hatch.
Now all Ford Guys hate the Fusion and i always get chased if I pass them. Innova guys just have to spot me to get their blood boiling.
today morning, one Safari guy almost banged my left side after cutting me in.
may be I am over reacting but these things happen to me
Old 13th November 2005, 22:00   #49
BHPian

Just had test drive with Ford Fusion. Its really good in all fronts except seats. Its doesn't has this lumbar support.
Old 14th November 2005, 00:58   #50

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

nice write up.always loved the fusions looks...balanced and well proportioned.and it has beautiful alloys. too bad my dad doesnt agree with me.
Old 14th November 2005, 10:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

nice review . i doono if i like fusion. and i think it would haev done better sales figures with a diesel engine.

my uncle was offered this car(?) in exchange for his 3yr old ikon 1.8. the rest 4.6k he could pay in 5 yrs with no interest. hehe. nice offer right?
Old 18th November 2005, 07:25   #52
BHPian

In trying to revive this thread. What if the fusion launches a deisel variant. Would it work in India? Browse to the link below to read a review on the same.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews...i-1003547.html
Old 8th March 2006, 04:22   #53
BHPian

i am using a ford fusion + with abs top of the line version.. it's giving me a 12KMPL average.. it's very good atleast im happy
Old 8th March 2006, 08:15   #54
BHPian

It would have been good if they launched fusion with the 1.4L diesel that is doing duty on the fiesta. When i enquired at the showroom whether they were any plans of launching fusion diesel the salesman said that if they launched fusion diesel it would replace the indica as a taxi cab. Now my question is how will the fusion replace the indica no doubt it will be better than the indica but will it be able to match its low price cheap spare etc.
Ford should train their salespersons to talk logically not to BS the customers

Last edited by tsreekaranrao : 8th March 2006 at 08:16.
Old 8th March 2006, 15:31   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It would have been good if they launched fusion with the 1.4L diesel that is doing duty on the fiesta.
Fantastic idea!! Keeping in mind the nature of this car, a diesel powerplant would be phenomenal. The only restriction would be the Fusion's additional weight, and the subsequently lower power / weight ratio from the puny diesel.

GTO
Old 8th March 2006, 17:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Fantastic idea!! Keeping in mind the nature of this car, a diesel powerplant would be phenomenal. The only restriction would be the Fusion's additional weight, and the subsequently lower power / weight ratio from the puny diesel.

GTO
That will directly compete with Fiesta diesel.
Fords big bet for India.
Yeah argument can be given that its Urban UV & Fiesta is sedan but both will compete each other and at the end of the day it will be bad for Ford.
It seems like Ford has given up hopes for Fusion, haven't seen a single ad in last 6 months
Old 8th March 2006, 23:18   #57
BHPian

But paying around 7 lakh for fusion is less vfm than paying hte same for nhc.also nhc has better resale value & hetter ride.

but more vfm would be baleno @ 6 lakhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
My point too. I am not willing to pay any royalty to someone because of the brand name.
Old 25th June 2006, 14:08   #58

Ford Fusion: Fun and Comfort fused together

Guys,

Nearly done 1000km with my Black Fusion+ ABS. And I can use all the best adjectives in the dictionary for it.

I will take up things one by one:

1) Ride Quality: Great. Though I have not gone past 110kph but feels rock solid. You always feel that you are firmly rooted to the road. I havenot experienced the bumpy ride on lower gears which is much talked about.

2) Looks: I find the car to have highly sophisticated looks. I love the large headlamps and the massive grill between them. The wide windscreen lifts up the looks. Interioirs - I will say they are the best that can be offered at the price. Smart storage spaces all around. The leather wrapped steering and the gear knob give a good luxurious feeling. The theatre dimming cabin lights fascinates me somehow though I am yet to understand why.

3) Comfort: Seats - The seats are properly cushioned. It is somewhat between being soft and hard but certainly very comfortable. Though on the rear seats, I thought the cushioning under the thighs should have been more. Also the rear seats are a bit too upright but I guess these small things donot take away the charm of the car.

AC - Awesome. Blower at 2 with max cooling is all that you need even on the hottest of the days. But the blower gets noisy beyond 2 though nowhere near to make u feel uncomfortable.

Music system: Simply fabulous. I feel u donot need to add twiters or woofers to this system. Its already in there. Highest quality sound...

4) Space: Looks are deceptive as they say. The car from outside never gives a feeling of the space it has. Get in it to experience the space inside. Good headroom and very good legspace at the rear with the front seats taken back to the max. Boot is immense.

5) FE: Definatly not great but then you will not buy this car for FE. I am getting 10km with AC (Deecent) but I am sure it will improve post 1st servicing.

6) City ride: Very easy to drive in even heavily packed roads. Swift turns are easily executed as the machine responds instantly to your steering. The brakes are amazing and the gears are smooth.

7) Power: U leave most of the traffic behind as you start from the signals. Even as you push the pedal, it asks you to push harder and harder and you have to actually keep your senses alive at all such points.

8) Safety: This is something which some of us neglect while buying our cars. But this car has most of the safety features I have heard off in this segment. An airbag option would have made it perfect. Some features: ABS, engine immobilizer, no blind spots, opens exclusively with its programmed keys but can be locked by any Ford key, etc etc.

Verdict: Buy this car if you wanna njoi the driving and comfort...also if u wanna be in the exclusive class as the FUSIONERS will say ..
donot buy the car if u want very high FE and conventional looks and believe in 3 box cars for anything above 5l.

I believe all cars are great but the car that suits me perfectly is the greatest. Hence, I say Fusion is surely the GREATEST.

Sendu....

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Threads merged. Please continue your discussion here.

Last edited by adya33 : 25th June 2006 at 15:44.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:17   #59
BHPian

:-)

nice update that. Agree to all the points, but Interiors could have been better.
I will also post mine ownership report soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks