Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2005, 15:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this isn't a Adventure vs City thread. Stick to the Palio Adventure. If you wanna discuss Adventure Vs City, do so on another thread.

Shan2nu
Old 1st June 2005, 15:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am talking only about Adventure and its reinforced chasis. No intention of comparing City and Adventure. In my opinion, they are different segment cars meant for different purpose.
Old 17th June 2005, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Zaphod,

What are the tyre sizes on the adventure? If im not mistaken it runs on 175/80 R 14 Could you confirm? And does your manual specify the gear ratios for each of the gears?

Why do I ask? I have a Petra running 195/60 R 14's. I cant upgrade to 15" tyres and risk breaking my rims on some very puny profile tyres. On the adventure im sure you would be able to run on 195/60 R 15. But then the gear ratios would be different from the Petra.
yup -= the adventure has pirelli citynet 175/80 on 14" alloys but the ones we have have worn out completly with 2 tyres damaged so much that we've had to put tubes in them.

You can go for a 15"rim in your petra but i would advise a 14" if you want to drive safely over bad roads - though sometimes i wish i had gone in for 15" on my baleno :(

remember the tyre dia of the adventure is more than the petra , besides the pirelli's it comes with are more suited for off road use than om tarmac.

zaphod....no longer missing
Old 8th September 2007, 01:30   #19

Please advise.............

Gents,

I'm bit confused about how much pressure to be maintained in adventure tyres. Dealer says 28 & manual says 29.9 I'm confused. friens Plz advise on this.
Old 8th September 2007, 01:46   #20

Is there any issue with body roll with Adventure?

Friends,

Have you experience body roll on adventure while turning on ex highway @100+ kmph?
I had a fear of body roll while turning my adventure on ex highway @100+ kmph. On straight road nobody can beat this beast but may be my lack of experience on adventure I couldn't turn @ high speed & the other cars were taking advantage to overtake me.
If body roll is not an issue @ what max avg speed (except Khandala ghat) we can drive?

Mod's Note: Please do not use an external editor (say MS Word) to type your message and then paste it here. The post gets distorted with lot of non-renderable HTML tags. Type your post here. Alternately use Notepad to type and then paste it if you like it.

Post reformatted.
Old 8th September 2007, 02:01   #21

Getting problem to top up fuel tank of my adventure.

[COLOR=black]Gents,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I'm getting problem to top-up fuel tank. The last 10-15litrs takes around 10 min & the people in Q become restless. Pump man told me that there is a problem with air trapping inside, & mechanic told me that the [COLOR=black]tank breather may have blocked & need to clean it. But to clean breather they needs to take out the tank & in adventure its a big job.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Mod's Note: Please do not use an external editor (say MS Word) to type your message and then paste it here. The post gets distorted with lot of non-renderable HTML tags. Type your post here. Alternately use Notepad to type and then paste it if you like it.

Post left as it is to give you an idea.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Travel-X

If you want to experience the real comfort of the FIAT suspension and the Pirelli tyre combination, maintain a pressure of 28 psi. In case you decide to get some better F.E figures maintain 30psi.

The adventure is not designed as a racing car. Its a station wagon which is the best cruiser. THe soft suspension setup would not help in handling curves at high speeds. I suggest you dont try high speeds turns on the adventure.

And about the fuel tank. Its better not to do anything about this. The onlly problem is that to have a real tankful you need to pour petrol slowly. Not sure what the problem is here but i also experience the same. You cant pour the fuel at full speed during the last few litres. Just ignore it. FIAT service guys are famous of screwing up things. Why do you want to create an oppurtunity for them

All the best. And which colour is yours.
Old 10th September 2007, 13:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Adventure...... It is certainly a VFM car to own.. I have driven it in higher gear at relatively slow speed but still no sign of knocking at all... Awesome straight line cruiser and a very good all rounder... I also love its look.. very macho...

Cheers
Old 6th October 2007, 15:43   #24
BHPian

Travel-X,

I have faced the same problem too (Adventure 2002/ 75K Kms) from the day I bought the car. The trick is not to shove the fuel nozzle in fully and also not to put it on auto cut off. Poke around a bit with the nozzle and you will find a spot where the fuel flows in perfectly though slower than with the auto cut.

Cheers
Old 27th November 2007, 12:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Travel-X,

I have faced the same problem too (Adventure 2002/ 75K Kms) from the day I bought the car. The trick is not to shove the fuel nozzle in fully and also not to put it on auto cut off. Poke around a bit with the nozzle and you will find a spot where the fuel flows in perfectly though slower than with the auto cut.

Cheers

Same problem here too, rather the Fuel indicator was showing Reserve but when i told Petrol pump attendant to fill it upto Autocut, he simply couldn't start, he was insisting that Tank was full.
Then another attendant withdraw the nozzelle a bit, and tried to fill it up.
Then first cut came at 34 i insited try again then finally i gave up at third cut at 38 Litres. As per User Manual in reserve maximum fuel is 7.5 Litres, so even if i assume that i was having full 7.5 then also total comes out to be 45.5 Litres, which is still 5.5 Litres short of 51 Litres.
Another thing i want to know is which fuel? As per Manual Fiat Reccomends RON 91 for BS-III cars. I dont know what the RON level of simple unleaded fuel. Till now I am using only unleaded Petrol from Bharat Petroleum. Can anyone tell me which fuel contains RON 91.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:20   #26
BHPian

And Yess the Body roll is comparable to the SUVs, but if we consider the huge play in suspension then this body roll is justified, moreover the ride comfort on rough roads is the main feature of Adventure, so that seems logical.
Another significant difference i feel is the steering, its a bit hard when u compare it with Verna or even esteem. In adventure u have to put some extra effort while steering and you feel that you are steering something big. I dont know whether its same for all station wagons.
But dimensionwise Baleno Altura is way behind the Adventure, Indigo Marina is a bit on lower side, and i think Octavia Combi is on slightly upper side.
Anyone who can put their views on Adventure's performance comapred to other station wagons?
Old 28th November 2007, 08:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Same problem here too, rather the Fuel indicator was showing Reserve but when i told Petrol pump attendant to fill it upto Autocut, he simply couldn't start, he was insisting that Tank was full.
Then another attendant withdraw the nozzelle a bit, and tried to fill it up.
Then first cut came at 34 i insited try again then finally i gave up at third cut at 38 Litres. As per User Manual in reserve maximum fuel is 7.5 Litres, so even if i assume that i was having full 7.5 then also total comes out to be 45.5 Litres, which is still 5.5 Litres short of 51 Litres.
Another thing i want to know is which fuel? As per Manual Fiat Reccomends RON 91 for BS-III cars. I dont know what the RON level of simple unleaded fuel. Till now I am using only unleaded Petrol from Bharat Petroleum. Can anyone tell me which fuel contains RON 91.

RON 91 is IndianOil Xtra Premium Petrol. NOt sure about speed.

About the fueling part. THere is a small filter inside the fuel intake nozzle onthe car. so if the pump nozzle is put too much inside the froth formation would kick in the cut off mechanism. Tell the pump guy to move it slightly backwards and then start pouring. Once the initial cutt-off has happend ask him to pour it slowly. Thats the only way you can have it filled. In some pumps (especially Reliance pumps) the flow speed is already less and thus you might not need to pour it slowly.

Hope you are enjoying your "tank". Did you add anything. Seat covers? ICE?
Old 28th November 2007, 09:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
RON 91 is IndianOil Xtra Premium Petrol. NOt sure about speed.

About the fueling part. THere is a small filter inside the fuel intake nozzle onthe car. so if the pump nozzle is put too much inside the froth formation would kick in the cut off mechanism. Tell the pump guy to move it slightly backwards and then start pouring. Once the initial cutt-off has happend ask him to pour it slowly. Thats the only way you can have it filled. In some pumps (especially Reliance pumps) the flow speed is already less and thus you might not need to pour it slowly.

Hope you are enjoying your "tank". Did you add anything. Seat covers? ICE?
Ha Ha Ha
Yup i am enjoying my tank, its really difficult to get its accessories, i ordered for one Body cover, but its too tight, that too inspite that guy told me that its only for Adventure.
For seat covers, i couldn't find a place where i can get standard sized seat covers for adventure. Some how one shop ordered one with a mix match sort of things, like they have some standards U-1, U-2, so he has ordered for some combination of that, and taken the measures of head rests. I have opted for fabric covers in somewhat brownish biege.
I will be geting it by today or tommorrow.
Anyways if there is no fix figure about how much petrol can be filled before cut off, then how can i calculate the FE figures?
Old 28th November 2007, 10:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Ha Ha Ha
Yup i am enjoying my tank, its really difficult to get its accessories, i ordered for one Body cover, but its too tight, that too inspite that guy told me that its only for Adventure.
For seat covers, i couldn't find a place where i can get standard sized seat covers for adventure. Some how one shop ordered one with a mix match sort of things, like they have some standards U-1, U-2, so he has ordered for some combination of that, and taken the measures of head rests. I have opted for fabric covers in somewhat brownish biege.
I will be geting it by today or tommorrow.
Anyways if there is no fix figure about how much petrol can be filled before cut off, then how can i calculate the FE figures?
I use the reserve light to reserve light method. You get an almost accurate figure after 2-3 checks. But dont be worried about F.E now. It would be just around 8.5 in city. THought this would increase over time. I now get around 9.5-10 in city with A/c and sedate driving. WIth a tyre pressure of 29-30psi in all four.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks