Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 20:50   #1
BHPian

Swift VDI - 33,500kms

Bought my Swift VDI in Sep '07 from Pratham Motors in Bangalore.
Have been to Madhya Pradesh (upto Khajuraho) in '07,
Orissa in '08 - Chilaka lake, Bhubaneshwar, Konark, Puri, Vizag (thanks to AKROY for his tips).

Mileage varies between 15kms /litre to 17.3 (the best I've got) in city. Long distance mileage has varied right from 16kms /litre to 22 kms/litre.

I get the engine oil/filter changed every 5k kms.
Got the tyres changed on the day I took delivery. It runs on Michelin Energy XM1 - 185/70 R14 on OE rims.
Not a single puncture so far.

No major issues so far.
Once the gear cable lock (under the hood) came out when we were close to Sakleshpur and the car was stuck in third gear. Called up Mandovi Motors and they gave instructions to my driver as to what to do and he did it. Got this fixed in Bangalore.

Of late what I find is that the driver seat doesn't seem to provide firm support to the back. It sort of buckles inside and after a few hours of driving, my back feels the lack of support and it becomes uncomfortable to drive.

My cousin has a Swift LDI (bought in Feb '07) and I've driven his car for a few hours too. The cushion of the driver's seat in that is more firm and doesn't have the problem of buckling (read it as going soft).

Has anyone experienced this ?. Any solution would be great.

BTW, am planning to transport this car to Delhi and then drive to Leh in May this year. If this can be sent by truck to Chandigarh, that would be great.
Want to change the tyres to Michelin Energy XM1+ though the existing tyres might last for another 15k kms on normal roads/South India, don't want to take a risk if I go to Leh.
Old 26th March 2009, 22:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

You seem to travel a lot. Lets see some pics of your car in these places.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks