Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:42   #1
BHPian

Chevrolet Aveo 1.4: 10000 kms report and some niggling issues

Well, I got the 10000 kms servicing at Super Cars Indore. Its been 9 months since I bought the vehicle and its running pretty well. The avg is around 12-13kpl in city and 14 in highways.

As part of the 10000 kms servicing only the air filter was replaced; cost me Rs 188/-

However I have been having the following issues, can fellow Aveo owners help me?

1. On switching on the AC i get a strange dusty/musty kind of smell. Even if have the AC running for a few hours and I switch it off and on again the smell comes back. The same problem is more noticable if i just use the blower initially and then switch on the AC. Got the A/c filter cleaned and air hosed the inlet but to no avail.

2. My second problem is that when i accelerate from low to high RPM than at around 1700-1800 RPM i hear a gurgling/rattling noise coming from the engine. It sounds like the gears are slipping or something. This problem occurs irrespective of which gear i am. At 2000 rpm the gurgling noise stops.

When i showed it at the service center(10000 servicing), they opened the top cover of the engine, the spark plugs and the fuel line and finally declared that it was due to adulterated petrol. Is it possible?

I got the fuel tested at one of the reputed pumps and drive around for a tankfull but to no avail. Lemme see if i can post a audio clip.

Any advise from fellow BHPians
Old 4th April 2009, 12:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory View Post
Well, I got the 10000 kms servicing at Super Cars Indore. Its been 9 months since I bought the vehicle and its running pretty well. The avg is around 12-13kpl in city and 14 in highways.

As part of the 10000 kms servicing only the air filter was replaced; cost me Rs 188/-
Average is pretty much the same with my aveo except that i get closer to 16 on highways. Maybe as I never exceed 100kmph even on highways.

You were charged of the air filter? Maybe as your car is not in the service package?

And I hope I could hep you out with the rest of the problems but I am sorry I am no expert with cars, still learning.

All the best and congrats on doing 10k
Old 4th April 2009, 14:47   #3
BHPian

thanks for your help deky.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:46   #4
BHPian

I think you may just install a air perfume for the car. I think my car too has similar thing but the distinct smell I get in the car is in fact good. which mode of Air flow you use? I use internal circulation thing.

The other problem is seems more worrisome as it may develop into a major snag. Do keep a check on the petrol quality try using the same bunk where you know the quality is fair enough. And keep a check so that if there is some other problem it is addressed as early as possible. If possible ask everything in records just in case if you need it in future.

And of course happy driving.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:18   #5
BHPian

aveo service

Hi

i recently done my 4th servicing 19000kms , costed me around 3900 something.

Mine was a paid servicing.

Engine noise: when i use to do cold start of the car, a kat-kat sound use to come, same like disel engines ...engineer said that some tapping issues is there and he had adjusted that, today did a clod start in the morning the sound is not there.

apart from this they changed fuel cap, alingment.
Old 10th April 2009, 08:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Even i paid the same amount for my 10K service.

Quote:
On switching on the AC i get a strange dusty/musty kind of smell. Even if have the AC running for a few hours and I switch it off and on again the smell comes back. The same problem is more noticable if i just use the blower initially and then switch on the AC. Got the A/c filter cleaned and air hosed the inlet but to no avail.
Even in my Aveo i faced this issue once in a while. But i don't have a clear answer to this. Mostly this comes if I use cabin circulation mode for a long time and stopped my vehicle for sometime. Then i start the car after sometime and restart the AC, i will get this smell.
How I overcome this is , run AC with high blower speed and fresh air mode for sometime. Then the smell is gone.
Quote:
My second problem is that when i accelerate from low to high RPM than at around 1700-1800 RPM i hear a gurgling/rattling noise coming from the engine. It sounds like the gears are slipping or something. This problem occurs irrespective of which gear i am. At 2000 rpm the gurgling noise stops.
I haven't faced this issue.

Last edited by kavu75 : 10th April 2009 at 08:14.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:51   #7
BHPian

@wheelwake: I have installed a really strong car perfume, but the smell still exists.

@madaboutcars: did you man knocking when you wrote tapping. Could you be more specific as to what the engineer did?

@kavu75: i'll try to upload an audio clip of the same.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

I remember facing the first issue you mentioned. But i have not tracked this to know the pattern. Since occasionally I have this, it almost goes unnoticed.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

how is the experience of using Aveo and what about the leg space, i need to inquire as am 6'3"
Old 16th November 2009, 10:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
how is the experience of using Aveo and what about the leg space, i need to inquire as am 6'3"
You may have your knee hitting the dash board in the corners. But, you can definitely adjust your seat position to overcome, but better you check it yourself.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

ok, and how is the over all experience with aveo, i am looking for a 1.4 LT without ABS, as it is under my budget,
specially about discounts, A.S.S and mileage in city

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 16th November 2009 at 12:19. Reason: to put ***
Old 16th November 2009, 12:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
ok, and how is the over all experience with aveo, i am looking for a 1.4 LT without ABS, as it is under my budget,
specially about discounts, A.S.S and mileage in city
I have no negative feedback on this except for the lag in 2nd gear when with AC.

In my opinion, its a VFM for the current price. But, as many have mentioned, its like jack of all trade and king of none(May be interiors, yes).

Decent mileage - about 12-14kmpl [I mostly drive in highways]

Softer suspension. Not sure if its + or -. Definitely a -ve for bangy roads and bumps.

Most Viewed