Team-BHP - The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/57501-fantastic-fiat-linea-1-4-remapped-air-73-500-kms-update-18.html)

Quote:

Aswin,

I am also looking for a good GPS system.
if we can get it from FIAT as inetgrated with Blue & me then it's nice.
i have seen Mapmyindia gps sets for 15k.it's good.
if you check anything lemme know so that we can buy
mate i have talked with fiat and they have no idea about the satnav. may be they dont have any info at this point of time. may be we should check delphi at xenos

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1640426)
mate i have talked with fiat and they have no idea about the satnav. may be they dont have any info at this point of time. may be we should check delphi at xenos

I already checked in Xenos.
The Model Vx140 from mapmyIndia for Rs.14K is very good.
Planned to buy it after Newyear.

Got my baby back after the 2nd Scheduled Service. I had clocked 15063 km at the time that i drove the car into the Service Centre at 930 am.

Got Car back at 6 pm. I got to do the Trial Drive myself as i caught the Service Advisor taking my baby out for the Trial when i entered the DEalership at 5pm. Odometer 15066 - after the trial drive.

Post Service Report :
1. Oil Change - Selenia Synthetic Oil 5W-40 cost = INR 1789/-
2. Oil Filter - INR 124
3. Fuel Filter - INR 200
4. Labour - FREE

I was charged 400 + 500 for Wheel Alignment and Balancing respectively. After having a word with Ishan Bhatt (Tata Service Incharge), this was removed from the bill.

So, Total Bill INR 2,600 (approx) with Taxes and other misc.consumables.

Now the After - effect of the Service :
1. The baby is Super - Smooth . As Amazing to drive as before ..just Smooother clap:
2. The Steering buttons that were not working are back in business. It took just a reset of the B&M .

There was hardly anything that i had to report , so this is it on the 2nd Service Report.

2 Pending issues :
1. Getting Bonnet Replaced . As promised by Ishan, within a month.
2. Driver Seat Lever Replacement - As soon as the parts come.

I am not complaining :)

Dude, isn't petrol Linea supposed to have selenia-K ?
Check geash's thread too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastLove (Post 1641526)
Post Service Report :
1. Oil Change - Selenia Synthetic Oil 5W-40 cost = INR 1789/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by neotraveller (Post 1641701)
Dude, isn't petrol Linea supposed to have selenia-K ?
Check geash's thread too.

It is Selenia K 5W-40 Petrol Synthetic oil.
Check your Linea Manual.

I thought wheel alignment was part of servicing. Good to hear that service experience was to your liking. How is the engine smoothness between 3000 and post 15000? My Linea is due for first service in Jan. Does it make much of s difference to smoothness after first servicing? Your decision to not go for oil change at 3K, did it have any ramifications in the 3K to 15K period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1642670)
I thought wheel alignment was part of servicing. Good to hear that service experience was to your liking. How is the engine smoothness between 3000 and post 15000? My Linea is due for first service in Jan. Does it make much of s difference to smoothness after first servicing? Your decision to not go for oil change at 3K, did it have any ramifications in the 3K to 15K period?

Let me answer your queries in below points (All Points Apply to Linea owners only):

1. Wheel Alignment and Balancing (not just checking) is FREE in the FREE Service Coupons .

2. The 15k Service is actually the First Service Interval . I believe that the 3k service was introduced to just ensure that any initial niggles are addressed . Like for one , i was told by a Service Advisor that they have been instructed that whenever a Linea comes in for any reason before the 15k mark , compulsarily check the Oil Levels and Top it up as the oil levels were found to bottom out faster than usual. I had my oil topped up twice that my car was in the service centre. First was at 3k Free service and Second time was just over a month back when i was at around 12k mark after my goa trip.
So, either do a check of your oil levels yourself or ensure they top-up whenever you visit them. Oil Top-up is not charged.
Anyway, the Oil levels were not drastically low during both times, but they topped-up nevertheless.

3. The engine has been smooth throughout from 3k to 15k . Like i have earlier stated , the 3k service is just a general check-up. I wont be surprised if they do away with it for future Linea OWners. (Do Punto Owners even have the 3k Service?? , any Punto Owners here plzzz.. )
YEs , the oil had turned dark lately and there was some roughness in the engine grunt but very little difference.

4. On oil change before 15 k . My Advice - Dont Do it ! Stick to the manufacturer's recommendations. They know the best! and i am not regretting.

Endnote - If you go by Manufacturer's advice , you would end up with a meagre expense of roughly Rs. 2,500/- every 15000 km. on your car maintenance , Mind you , provided its a FIAT :)

yeah puntos have the 3k service, which is not a full service like the 15k service.

Thanks for the detailed reply Fastlove. I do plan to stick to manufacturer recommended interval of oil change. Going by what is mentioned in Rudra's report in the MJD drive thread, these cars will able to withstand a lot more abuse, not that I intend to subject them to any such abuse :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1644967)
Thanks for the detailed reply Fastlove. I do plan to stick to manufacturer recommended interval of oil change. Going by what is mentioned in Rudra's report in the MJD drive thread, these cars will able to withstand a lot more abuse, not that I intend to subject them to any such abuse :D

Actually, thanx to you Kapil , that i waited for 15k (Post #252)and not did the oil change 3 weeks back on 14k ,, It was just an opinion i thought i pay heed to ;)

You are welcome Fastlove. Being in the business of flying we understand that the manufacturer always keeps a few percentage points up his sleeve and tells the customer only the very safe limits. As I understand, these limits are designed for the very average owner giving him full leeway to use/abuse the vehicle. Glad that I could be of any assistance.

My baby is now 18000km old . Not sure if i should shift to the "Long term ownership" thread . But, everytime i look at my Linea and drive her i feel the same as i had felt when i drove her out of the showroom for the first time :)

Did a recent short Trip to Jungles of Badlapur during the weekend to a Friends Farmhouse . Some pictures :

Are you sure that they didnt charge you for balancing. the manual states only about wheel alignment and nothing about wheel balancing. yesterday when i took the car from 2nd service the SA particularly showed me the coupon in which only wheel alignment was listed

[quote=FastLove;1714042]
Did a recent short Trip to Jungles of Badlapur during the weekend to a Friends Farmhouse quote]

The man and his machine !
Nice pictures mate.

How was the GC ? did you face issues ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 1714344)
Are you sure that they didnt charge you for balancing. the manual states only about wheel alignment and nothing about wheel balancing. yesterday when i took the car from 2nd service the SA particularly showed me the coupon in which only wheel alignment was listed

In my case , they actually billed me for both Alignment and Balancing (INR 900 i guess). After i questioned , and also since Ishan Bhatt (Customer Support Manager- Tata Motors) was present at the dealership at that time , i checked with him and got the charges removed from the bill.