Team-BHP - The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/57501-fantastic-fiat-linea-1-4-remapped-air-73-500-kms-update-19.html)

[quote=bnzjon;1714413]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FastLove (Post 1714042)
Did a recent short Trip to Jungles of Badlapur during the weekend to a Friends Farmhouse quote]

The man and his machine !
Nice pictures mate.

How was the GC ? did you face issues ?

Thanx bnzjon.

I am used to the dangers of the Low GC now and take good precautions. In fact, the picture where the car is near the River , there were lot of dangerous humps and stones and still i dared and took her down to the river. from over the bridge and dint have any issue at all.

very nice pics fastlove, i loved the first one and the third one :)

I think you are the leading mile muncher among lineas on t-bhp? is it!

Nice going there Fastlove. You remind me of that ad of some jeans "You won't like to get out of them" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1714513)
very nice pics fastlove, i loved the first one and the third one

I think you are the leading mile muncher among lineas on t-bhp? is it!

Thanks Shenoy ! I may be the Leading mile cruncher on t-bhp for Linea Petrol ! I dont remember exactly who, but there is a Diesel Linea owner on t-bhp who has done justice to his investment stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1714773)
Nice going there Fastlove. You remind me of that ad of some jeans "You won't like to get out of them"

Thanks Kapil! Now that you have mentioned this, i should put my Jeans into the Washing machine ...been quite a while it has not mixed with soap stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastLove (Post 1641526)
Now the After - effect of the Service :
2. The Steering buttons that were not working are back in business. It took just a reset of the B&M . :)

Hi Fastlove, Good to know that the Italian Beauty just got smoother :)

Wanted to know, if you have the information, how they re-setted the B&M, did they disconnected the Battery terminal or they did the reset through Connecting to the console to the ECU which they have been provided by FIAT.

What i heard is, that they can reset particular segments also from the console instead of resetting the whole system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi (Post 1716061)
Hi Fastlove, Good to know that the Italian Beauty just got smoother :)

Wanted to know, if you have the information, how they re-setted the B&M, did they disconnected the Battery terminal or they did the reset through Connecting to the console to the ECU which they have been provided by FIAT.

What i heard is, that they can reset particular segments also from the console instead of resetting the whole system.

Hi Sanjeev,

They just disconnected the battery terminal.

The other option i didnt know of .

Will check with them on next visit.

Next Planned visit to Fortune is next week. Two agenda : 1. 3rd 3M Treatment 2. Bonnet Replacement (Ishan has promised to do this next week).

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastLove (Post 1715829)
Thanks Kapil! Now that you have mentioned this, i should put my Jeans into the Washing machine ...been quite a while it has not mixed with soap stupid:

The ad was just a metaphor for your love with car and how it seems you don't like to get out of it. You though I was watching your jeans? :Shockked: instead of that gorgeous beauty? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1716576)
The ad was just a metaphor for your love with car and how it seems you don't like to get out of it. You though I was watching your jeans? instead of that gorgeous beauty? :uncontrol

" i should put my Jeans into the Washing machine ...been quite a while it has not mixed with soap "

Now, that was one metaphor i tried to pull of my own ;)

Got my Bonnet Replaced on Monday, 15th Feb. , from Fortune, Nerul. Good Work done by TASS again. Also, i had my 3rd 3M Treatment due so had that done too while the car was in the workshop.

For the Bonnet Replacement, i had to take my car on Saturday to the workshop for Fitting and then on Monday the bonnet was Painted and actually Fitted as you can see in the pictures.

The Driver Seat Assembly (JAck) has been ordered for me for Replacement . Hopefully, that too will be done soon. Although , i have no major cpmplains with the Seat Adjustment and have got myself adjusted to the Seat stupid:

Fastlove, good workmanship and excellent paint job. Your car is glittering.

What is the 3M treatment you have done ? Is it paint treatment or surface refinement ?

I had done the 3M paint protection immediately after i purchased the car. I wanted to do it again but the guys at TASS discourage me saying that it is just rubbing and waxing. I am a bit confused and i am postponing my decision for the last couple of months.

i must say,you have maintained car very well . After 15K kms, bonnet is replaced but i dont see any difference in color between new bonnet and other parts of body which are already 15Kms old. Car looks as new as delivered from showroom.

Fantastic !

First picture - is that the old door ? Asking you because the stickers and the rubber beadings are intact.

Please post the picture of the bonnet back side. Does the new door has those beadings, bushes, stickers etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1741525)
Fastlove, good workmanship and excellent paint job. Your car is glittering.

What is the 3M treatment you have done ? Is it paint treatment or surface refinement ?

I had done the 3M paint protection immediately after i purchased the car. I wanted to do it again but the guys at TASS discourage me saying that it is just rubbing and waxing. I am a bit confused and i am postponing my decision for the last couple of months.

bnz - the 3M paint protection is just rubbing and waxing . they use some rubbing compound, do buffing , and just restore the shine and remove minor sirls scratches. The car does shine and look brand new after the treatment. However, this treatment does not qualify as "paint treatment" , i myself want to know more on where i can get that additional level of protection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1741818)
i must say,you have maintained car very well . After 15K kms, bonnet is replaced but i dont see any difference in color between new bonnet and other parts of body which are already 15Kms old. Car looks as new as delivered from showroom.

Fantastic !

Shenoy - Yes, i do take care of the details when it comes to my beautiful car :) . I do a Wax polishing every 3 weeks or so. And rest is just my love for the baby that keeps her shining i guess stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1742472)
First picture - is that the old door ? Asking you because the stickers and the rubber beadings are intact.

Please post the picture of the bonnet back side. Does the new door has those beadings, bushes, stickers etc.

Yes bnz , the bonnet in first picture is old one. I also was wondering how the new one will look as the one (in white) that was tried on my car had nothing on it on saturday. But , the finished bonnet is exactly the same with stickers, rubber beadings, and everything ditto . I will post picture shortly.
btw, i havent compared apple to apple on the design, but i feel that there is a minor design change on the inside in the new one (need to investigate closely).

"Laal Chhadi maidan khadi" I wonder if this beauty was in minds of composers when they composed this song. :D Design changes in bonnet? That is interesting. Could it be possible that earlier reported bonnet bulges have forced this design change, if at all.

Guys, i own a Google NExus Phone from today. HAve tested it With Blue & Me and works great for phone calls. Message Reader not working as was the case with my SE W960i . More LAter .