Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 23:08   #1
BHPian

Verna Crdi SX/ABS - Trip meter - 11k kms

Folks,

Here is some information after 11000 kms of ownership on my Verna.

Maintainence/Expenses incurred:
----------------------------------
Rs. 8000 - Front fender replacement + front door denting/painting/touchup after a minor crash. I hit a concrete pole while reversing (rs. 7200 was paid up by Reliance insurance, I had to shell out Rs. 800 as minimum insurance cost or something).

1st Service @ 1100 kms - Rs. 110 - only consumables.
2nd Service @ 9500 kms - Rs. 5000 - (includes 800 bucks of their polishing as well as a 10% discount on spares and 20% discount on labour).

Fuel Costs:
-----------
I have been maintaining this from Day 1 as a return gift for team bhp (members who are considering a verna buy) since it was 2 months of extensive loafing around on this forum that got me to buy this car.
I am not sure how the excel copy-paste will render on the actual post. Will edit and repost if it doesn't come out tabular.

ok so copy-paste messes up the table when I preview, so am attaching a pdf. Hope y'all find it useful.

Cheers!
Amit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Verna.pdf (71.3 KB, 887 views)
Old 6th May 2009, 23:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi amith, thats a nice log that you maintain, i use a small free tool called Car Monitor available from Car Care Automotive Maintenance Software - Free Mycar-Monitor for free download to track expenses related to my car.

But recently my hard disk crashed and i could not recover the data how foolish of me not to backup data properly.

nice to know that information from TBHP lead you to chosing you car, i am sure it is a good choice and the car will not let you down.

Happy and Safe Motoring !
Old 7th May 2009, 00:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Amit.

What diesel are u filling in your CRDi ? From the log sheet i think u are filling Premium diesel
(Xtra mile or Hi Speed.)

Also wondering why the cost of diesel per litre in the log sheet has decreased and then increased again whereas the diesel prices have only gone down in the past few months.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:39   #4
BHPian

Always been regular Diesel. Does Premium help any ?
The spikes in the graph on mileage are for long trips.
The changing diesel prices are (again) inter state trips - where I refuelled either in Kerala or Tamil nadu...
Old 7th May 2009, 15:39   #5
BHPian

Amit,
Would you care to elaborate on your service charges? You have mentioned that you got 20% off on labour for your second service. Since you have only run 11k km, arent you still eligible for your free services? There should be no labour charges.
rs 5000 for 2nd service at 9.5k, is a little high? Or am I missing something here??
Old 7th May 2009, 16:06   #6
BHPian

As far as I think, nothing was free in the free service, except maybe washing the car and the mechanics driving it into the workshop bay.
When you get shown an estimate and bill of 5k, you think twice about the title "2nd free service".

This was abt 3 months ago, I may be wrong on labor costs, ill see if I have the bill and post a scan here or something

Off the top of my head though, 800 bucks was for polishing and cleaning interiors of the car (I chose that, coz the off-white plastic goes way-off-white in some time)
oil was close to 1000 bucks, one of the filters was more than 1000 bucks..
another filter was 500 bucks, and another was a little less than 500 bucks.. so there goes almost 4k.. will try and find the bill for a detailed breakup..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th May 2009 at 16:35.
Old 7th May 2009, 16:36   #7
BHPian

Nice log Amit. The prices of diesal are different at different states it is 2 bucks lesser in tamil nadu than in karnataka. How did you manage to hit the front of your car to the pole where your eyes closed or something

Cheers/Shyam
Old 7th May 2009, 18:57   #8
BHPian

Yeah, stupid is an understatement...
There is a concrete base pole in the middle of our office parking lot, and I never park there. There was no other parking available, so I squeezed in there. While reversing (while going home), I was busy watching the car to my right, cos it was so close and had forgotten abt. the pole and I suddenly heard a thud, came out and saw that this pole which was barely the height of my car door was inside the front left of my car aargh! those 3 days waiting for repairs were a nightmare.. was hoping with fingers crossed that it isn't noticeable and turns out the body repair shop at trident did a great job with the door, I cant identify the dent with a magnifying glass!
Old 8th May 2009, 11:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
Yeah, stupid is an understatement...
There is a concrete base pole in the middle of our office parking lot, and I never park there. There was no other parking available, so I squeezed in there. While reversing (while going home), I was busy watching the car to my right, cos it was so close and had forgotten abt. the pole and I suddenly heard a thud, came out and saw that this pole which was barely the height of my car door was inside the front left of my car aargh! those 3 days waiting for repairs were a nightmare.. was hoping with fingers crossed that it isn't noticeable and turns out the body repair shop at trident did a great job with the door, I cant identify the dent with a magnifying glass!
Ha! Ha! good for you mate. I am scared of parking near poles and trees :P
Old 9th May 2009, 11:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just one year and...

Verna Crdi SX/ABS - Trip meter - 11k kms-dsc00374.jpg

Today in the morning my car reach 20000 K.M.

Till now this has been an extraordinary journey with my Verna Sx with ABS 2008 Model.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 9th May 2009 at 11:59.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:37   #11
BHPian

Hi Amit.....have been contemplating about buying the Verna CRDI VGT for quite some time now. Just wanted to know as to how your 2nd service ended up costing you 5k. Isn't that way to expensive?

2nd Service @ 9500 kms - Rs. 5000 - (includes 800 bucks of their polishing as well as a 10% discount on spares and 20% discount on labour).
Old 9th May 2009, 17:16   #12
BHPian

Good car. Do post status of your car every 10K KM.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:16   #13
BHPian

Mileage

hey Amit,

Great log that you have kept.I was also thinking of buying a Verna Crdi.
One Question though...Getting mileage of 10-11 kmpl isnt too less cause Verna Diesel is suppose to give mileage of around 15-16kmpl in city drive. Is that just a myth or is there some other reason.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
hey Amit,

Great log that you have kept.I was also thinking of buying a Verna Crdi.
One Question though...Getting mileage of 10-11 kmpl isnt too less cause Verna Diesel is suppose to give mileage of around 15-16kmpl in city drive. Is that just a myth or is there some other reason.
This is a truth and not the myth. I am getting an average of 18 in city and 26-28 on National highway.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is a truth and not the myth. I am getting an average of 18 in city and 26-28 on National highway.
finally i now i have someone who gets FE numbers like my car. figures your car returns , i can relate to that very closely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks